3 replies to this topic

#1 Fabricato61

Fabricato61

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Hold um

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

I have been playing in a monthly friendly cash game for 2Yrs. now Recently we have had some new players who know each other. They have a rule where if a player is "ALL IN" the others who called the bet should all check it down. I feel that it caused me to loose the game on several occasions. Especially when I had the nuts! For example I had mostly all of the chips and 1 guy was all in and the other 2 remaining guys called but only had about 2 blinds left. I was forced to just check, when I could have raised them all in with the nuts. I was told this was the moral thing to do. Is this so?

#2 jlemas

jlemas

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Texas Holdem

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Not in my opinion. Moral thing to do????? Poker is a competition and in competition you SHOULD be playing to win. These other players have modified the game so as to reduce some of the competitive nature of the game. I would get rid of this so called rule or not play. Playing to win is not immoral, if they have a problem with winning or losing money playing poker/gambling then maybe they shouldn't play.

It's immoral to basically tie another players hand behind his back.
Ridiculous rule!

#3 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,294 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:43 PM

Their rule is actually the opposite of moral. It's collusion against the player who is all in and isn't allowed in any public poker games.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#4 Fabricato61

Fabricato61

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Hold um

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

This is great Guys, thank you for the response! I have to say that I have been consistently winning in these games. In fact they even came up with a $5.00 penalty for miss deals. by which I did once or twice. but so have others. They also tried to explain this to me on several occasions as if I didn't understand the reasoning behind it. The perplexed look on my face that they must have deemed I didn't understand the explanation was really that fact that I knew it was WRONG and why were they trying to convince me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users