my biggest pot ever....224 bb pot!!!

Playing 2/4 NL on Stars last night, I'm BB w/ A-8 clubs, marginal, I know, but have 5 limpers, throw out a $12 raise, all call. Flop comes Q-7 clubs, 2 of diamonds. I put in a large raise with a semi-bluff, only 1 player folds. Turn is 4 clubs!! Check here, get a large bet and the rest of us call. River is 10 hearts. I go all in, figuring no one will call, but maybe the pot is large enough. I am the biggest stack, and 1 of the other players call with his remaining $390 or so. Total pot was like $896, def. my largest in terms of BB's. Just a little brag post, but can't tell my wife or she'd want me to buy her something!!! Thanks guys!!!

Ron, good to see you back. Did you get caught in the power outage?
I'll let you know when I get my power back. They say Nov. 22 by the latest.Power is spotty. I went to work today b/c they have power and I wanted to post. Sad huh?Thanks though. I appreciate it.Anyone have a hot shower they want to share with me? To save water of course.
I'll let you know when I get my power back. They say Nov. 22 by the latest.Power is spotty. I went to work today b/c they have power and I wanted to post. Sad huh?Thanks though. I appreciate it.Anyone have a hot shower they want to share with me? To save water of course.
Shower??? What's that??
Playing 2/4 NL on Stars last night, I'm BB w/ A-8 clubs, marginal, I know, but have 5 limpers, throw out a $12 raise, all call. Flop comes Q-7 clubs, 2 of diamonds. I put in a large raise with a semi-bluff, only 1 player folds. Turn is 4 clubs!! Check here, get a large bet and the rest of us call. River is 10 hearts. I go all in, figuring no one will call, but maybe the pot is large enough. I am the biggest stack, and 1 of the other players call with his remaining $390 or so. Total pot was like $896, def. my largest in terms of BB's. Just a little brag post, but can't tell my wife or she'd want me to buy her something!!! Thanks guys!!!
You know, its to refer to BB as big blinds, but usually its a limit term for Big bets.meaning playing 2/4 limit u made xx amount of Big Bets.Saying u made 224 big blinds is sorta silly. Whats the max buy in at this? 400?. or is it more?Its a nice pot, but not uncommon at those tables.
Ron --When I lost power last year, it was day 11 or 12 when they finally came out. I asked them, "Did something major happen here?" since it had been nearly two weeks and we didn't have close to as many power outtages at this time. The guy looks at me like I'm an idiot and says, "No, this isn't a big deal at all. This will only take about thirty seconds to fix."So yeah, they take their sweet ass time.
I see......didn't realize the diff. between the two, BB (big blinds) or BB (big bets). Thanks for the info RT.
it's a nice pot though, congrats!. I unfortunetly lost a ton in the last week so i'm having trouble being happy :cry:
Ron --When I lost power last year, it was day 11 or 12 when they finally came out. I asked them, "Did something major happen here?" since it had been nearly two weeks and we didn't have close to as many power outtages at this time. The guy looks at me like I'm an idiot and says, "No, this isn't a big deal at all. This will only take about thirty seconds to fix."So yeah, they take their sweet ass time.
on topic bb=big blindsBB=big betsI think thats right.off topicNaismith, I hear ya, but I can see all the power lines down. I chose to believe they are working hard. I wish I had that job right now. Double time for 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. It's like 70 bucks an hour for some of those guys.
K check-calling the turn and betting out the blank river is the dumbest move ever made, no matter if you won or not.
There's the flame I was waiting for!!! I thought by check calling the turn, I might be able to conceal the nature of my hand a little better than by betting out when my flush card hit. So kiss my a$$ BMW (who prob. drives a stinking Hyundai).
i know this was a brag post, but quit raising marginal hands into a field of limpers out of the BB.
I agree with that, however, A-8 suited is my favorite hand as well.
i know this was a brag post, but quit raising marginal hands into a field of limpers out of the BB.
This is exactly correct.Finally , i didnt want to rain on this guys parade, but a raise from BB with 5 limpers is horrible.if you want to buy those blinds i suggest a larger raise, if you think ur hand is marginal i suggest seeing a flop.If you want to take control of a hand, dont do it from BB