Daniel out again!!!!!!!

Daniel is out again at the 4th event. Is he trying to set a record for most events played or somethin'!!????This makes it 16 or 17 tournaments in a row without a $. Let's hope he gets out of his slump soon. Goes to show like many have said, the $ is not at the tournaments, butthey are of course the most fun to play!!!

Well it just seems like the cards haven't been good to him. He got KK cracked by 55 on a low flop, anyone would bust out to that. On a side note, Phil Hellmuth topped the previous record for most number of WSOP cashes this year with 48, and still a couple of events to go. Pretty sweet.

Daniel is out again at the 4th event. Is he trying to set a record for most events played or somethin'!!????
google "variance".
This makes it 16 or 17 tournaments in a row without a $.
interesting. i didn't realize that it was the quantity of cashes that mattered, not the quality.if you don't understand, that means that his two wins at the bellagio five diamond classic and at the borgata poker open and his third places at the binion WPO event and the PPT LA event earned him much more cash than he's lost in the buy-ins at each tournament he hasn't cashed in.
Let's hope he gets out of his slump soon. Goes to show like many have said, the $ is not at the tournaments, butthey are of course the most fun to play!!!
quoted from daniel's post, "tournament results" under "daniel in 2005":Totals 151,300 455,922 +301,622 Profit per tournament: $17,742.47these don't include the three WSOP events he's busted from, but i think you should get the picture.aseemedit: those last numbers also don't include his two wins at the borgata poker open and the bellagio five diamond classic. i'm pretty sure he earned more at those two places than he lost in the WSOP buy-ins.

DN is needing some change of luck..........we all know he has the skills, but with so many entries in these tourney's they are are getting tougher and tougher to crack into the money........there will be some new names being recognized by this time next month........Right now DN better get his head clear against BG or he'll get spanked like a step child !!

DN is needing some change of luck..........we all know he has the skills, but with so many entries in these tourney's they are are getting tougher and tougher to crack into the money........there will be some new names being recognized by this time next month........Right now DN better get his head clear against BG or he'll get spanked like a step child !!
*sigh*i'll say nothing more.aseem
This makes it 16 or 17 tournaments in a row without a $.
interesting. i didn't realize that it was the quantity of cashes that mattered, not the quality.if you don't understand, that means that his two wins at the bellagio five diamond classic and at the borgata poker open and his third places at the binion WPO event and the PPT LA event earned him much more cash than he's lost in the buy-ins at each tournament he hasn't cashed in.
Agree with you there, it is quality over quantity, but just emphasizes the slump Daniel is in (even by his own admission)
Totals 151,300 455,922 +301,622 Profit per tournament: $17,742.47these don't include the three WSOP events he's busted from, but i think you should get the picture.aseem
Profit per Tournament while good, Even though Moneymaker hasn't won anything since 2003 his Profit Per Tournament is pretty good. Just saying and showing he is in a slump and does not seem to be playing well.
Profit per Tournament while good, Even though Moneymaker hasn't won anything since 2003 his Profit Per Tournament is pretty good. Just saying and showing he is in a slump and does not seem to be playing well.
That statement is so dumb its funny.... Did you even take into account the amount of tournaments daniel played vs moneymaker?You didnt? i'm not surprised
Agree with you there, it is quality over quantity, but just emphasizes the slump Daniel is in (even by his own admission)
i'll quote aseem when I tell you to google "variance"
Profit per Tournament while good, Even though Moneymaker hasn't won anything since 2003 his Profit Per Tournament is pretty good.
moneymaker has cashed in a tournament? ahhhh! Seriously though, where does it say moneymaker's profit per tournament? i would like to see how he is doing.

both sides have worthwhile points.clearly no one with any understanding of tournament poker will say daniel has "lost it"variance IS a bitch.that being said, if any professional goes 17 tournaments without a cash, it might be time to take a step back and regroup. Making the point about variance in tournaments is very true, but Daniel is too good a player to miss the money this many times in a row, regardless of variance.I think Daniel is finding himself in the spot Hellmuth was in for a while, where his media and social obligations might outweigh his poker ones.I am sure he will get back in the hang of things. He has seen some bad beats and self admittedly hasn't had his head in certain tournaments.I think he needs a final table soon to regain a little confidence and he will be ok.Anyone doubting his tournament abilities at this point is very much ignorant to the past three years of tournament poker.

Profit per Tournament while good, Even though Moneymaker hasn't won anything since 2003 his Profit Per Tournament is pretty good.
moneymaker has cashed in a tournament? ahhhh! Seriously though, where does it say moneymaker's profit per tournament? i would like to see how he is doing.
Yes, that's my point, MoneyMaker has cashed in Atournament. Assem's point was that Daniel's profit per tourney wasstill good, just wanted to show that it was not what it seems....Variance/slump whatever, I'm not saying he's lost it, again, justthat he's not playing well........Absolute's post was dead on. It was saying what I was trying to say but better.....!

Well he defitinely is slumping. Has anyone seen his fiance? Is she a swedish model? Maybe he is having a Tiger Woods type slump?Just kidding. But honestly I read Daniel's blog and it sure seems like most of the time Poker is an afterthought for Daniel. Videogames, Movies, Fiances. I'd say he needs to stop with the distractions(except the fiance) and get back to playing good poker.

moneymaker had a pretty good 2004 too. should have won bay 101 shooting stars (took 2nd), but final hand was all in with jacks against phil gordon's A/7 and got outdrawn. also just missed a final table in $5000 wsop event finishing 10th.not sure what's going on with him this year. has played pretty bad on superstars 2.

moneymaker had a pretty good 2004 too. should have won bay 101 shooting stars (took 2nd), but final hand was all in with jacks against phil gordon's A/7 and got outdrawn. also just missed a final table in $5000 wsop event finishing 10th.not sure what's going on with him this year. has played pretty bad on superstars 2.
moneymaker is pretty bad
both sides have worthwhile points.clearly no one with any understanding of tournament poker will say daniel has "lost it"variance IS a bitch.that being said, if any professional goes 17 tournaments without a cash, it might be time to take a step back and regroup. Making the point about variance in tournaments is very true, but Daniel is too good a player to miss the money this many times in a row, regardless of variance.I think Daniel is finding himself in the spot Hellmuth was in for a while, where his media and social obligations might outweigh his poker ones.I am sure he will get back in the hang of things. He has seen some bad beats and self admittedly hasn't had his head in certain tournaments.I think he needs a final table soon to regain a little confidence and he will be ok.Anyone doubting his tournament abilities at this point is very much ignorant to the past three years of tournament poker.
A very good post. Daniel is still a pro poker player, not a full time celebrity. As a pro poker player, he's been slumping lately. If I'm not mistaken, he has not cashed in a tournament for nearly 5 months, since the WPO. That's way to long for someone who's suppose to be doing this for a living.When Daniel is focused and in top form, he's probably one of the top 10 best players of ALL TIME. When he's playing like he has the last couple of months, he's just an edward Norton look alike. It's only up to him and he's state of mind, since there's no doubt he's one of the greatest.I'm sure the cards a big part of it, but just as we don't dub his 2004 year (argubly the greatest year for anyone, ever, at the tournament circut) as "lucky", we can't dub his bad running so far as "unlucky". He's too good for that.
Making the point about variance in tournaments is very true, but Daniel is too good a player to miss the money this many times in a row, regardless of variance.
The variance in these tourney is sky high of course. It's entirely conceivable than Daniel played better in this 17 tourney run than when he was winning the big ones. It is very possible for a good player to be on top of his game and not cash 17 times in a row. Especially when a player is playing a pile of tourneys, year after year, a 17 tourney run without a cash is not that out of line.

No offence, but Daniel is sucking balls right now. He needs to get off the whole business crap concering poker, and start playing it more regularly(side games and such). He always says he's playing good, yet busts out of every tourney on the first day. Good luck in your best game tomorrow, but maybe you should really lay off all the media crap, its getting ****ing annoying.

No offence, but Daniel is sucking balls right now. He needs to get off the whole business crap concering poker, and start playing it more regularly(side games and such). He always says he's playing good, yet busts out of every tourney on the first day. Good luck in your best game tomorrow, but maybe you should really lay off all the media crap, its getting censored annoying.
i love it when people lead into their arugment with "No Offense" and then proceed to verbally attempt to kick someone in the balls.

Since when does Daniel play just to make money in tournaments?His challenge games are worth more than anything short of the final table in just about any tournament.Win big or go home.

Since when does Daniel play just to make money in tournaments?His challenge games are worth more than anything short of the final table in just about any tournament.Win big or go home.
Or in the case of most of the people on this thread...just go home.
Your right... lets hope he can do better than 1 out of 4 in his challenge games.....