PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($22.65)BB ($45.55)UTG ($50)UTG+1 ($92)MP1 ($26.30)MP2 ($53.45)Hero ($50)Button ($68.95)Preflop: Hero is CO with Kclub.gif, Kspade.gif. 4 folds, Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50.Flop: ($4.25) 3club.gif, 5diamond.gif, Qdiamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3.25, BB raises to $7, Hero calls $3.75.Turn: ($18.25) 4spade.gif(2 players)BB bets $10.5, Hero calls $10.50.River: ($39.25) 8heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero?I had just sat down at the table. Villain is unknown. Villain has 26.05 left after the turn bet. The flop C/R and the turn lead smelled strongly of a set but the river check showed a lot of weakness - possibly a hand like KQ or AQ. What river action should I take? Check behind (my least favorite option)? Value for around 15? Put him all-in for his remaining 26.05?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($22.65)BB ($45.55)UTG ($50)UTG+1 ($92)MP1 ($26.30)MP2 ($53.45)Hero ($50)Button ($68.95)Preflop: Hero is CO with Kclub.gif, Kspade.gif. 4 folds, Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50.Flop: ($4.25) 3club.gif, 5diamond.gif, Qdiamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3.25, BB raises to $7, Hero calls $3.75.Turn: ($18.25) 4spade.gif(2 players)BB bets $10.5, Hero calls $10.50.River: ($39.25) 8heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero?I had just sat down at the table. Villain is unknown. Villain has 26.05 left after the turn bet. The flop C/R and the turn lead smelled strongly of a set but the river check showed a lot of weakness - possibly a hand like KQ or AQ. What river action should I take? Check behind (my least favorite option)? Value for around 15? Put him all-in for his remaining 26.05?
all innnnn...represent a busted flush draw...or if u represent a busted flush draw by not betting all but by betting a different amount, then bet that amount. Pretend you have a busted flush draw and think in terms of what is the best play then.

All in. The bet will rep about 2/3 of the pot which is a reasonable bet regardless of his stack size. He probably has a missed draw, but just in case he has a hand to call you with, this is far and away the best bet that you can throw out there I think.

I feel like with a push on the river we get stacked more often than we get called by a hand we beat. My inclination is to bet an amount that gives him a good price to call with nothing but a Q and a good kicker. I feel like here we get more value over the long run betting an amount we know he can call with a worse hand rather than risking our whole stack with just an overpair in a situation where most of the calls we do get beat us.

I feel like with a push on the river we get stacked more often than we get called by a hand we beat. My inclination is to bet an amount that gives him a good price to call with nothing but a Q and a good kicker. I feel like here we get more value over the long run betting an amount we know he can call with a worse hand rather than risking our whole stack with just an overpair in a situation where most of the calls we do get beat us.
If we bet anything other than all-in here, it's an incredibly weak bet. If he has a hand of any kind, he's probably calling our push. If we're beaten, it doesn't really matter becuase he has so little money left. If he checked a hand that beats ours here, good for him becuase I"m pushing everytime to make up for the other times when he calls me with QJ.
$40 pot in a .50 game is nice. Do we lose value by checking?lets see, BB calls the 1.50 more. i already dont think he has a great hand. i mean, lots of people make loose calls at this level.you only raised 4x.he now check/raises your flop lead. min raises mind you. Often i put this on a weak Top pair. probably looking for any info. which he gets, since you smooth called.he probably thinks you're weak.A draw here is possible, he might be semi-bluffing this hand / adding value if he hits. although the Top card on this board is 1 of the flush cards. so does he hold J,10 suited maybe? K,Js?Or is this a weak Q?he then leads the turn. just over half the pot. pretty weak after a check/raise. I think, he thnks he will by this pot rigt here. which to me, means he doesnt have a Q. I'm leaning more towards a draw.you then call the bet. obviously you have a hand. AQ, KQ.. etc... I dont think he puts you on KK/AAriver blanks.if he missed his flush he folds. If he spiked a set, he's praying on you to bet this, which is horrible since you havent shown much agression. Its possible he hit a set of 8's got excited and is hoping to trap. but i doubt it.Its also possible he check/call with a weak Q here. but for some reason I dont think its that either. I think this is a missed flush, or a slight possibility of a weak QSo, can you extract value? i doubt it. i dont think his hand is strong enough to invest the rest of his stack. if he was aggro, he mgt have shoveld the blank river on a busted draw.But, i'm leaning towards him folding to any betThe bet only conceals your hand now, U'll win uncontested and not show your kings.so to answer the question. Yes, i do push
A shove makes it look like a busted hand, and betting half the pot is 80% of villians stack. If he's going to call a $15-$20 bet he'll call an all in, and he'll call with a lot of hands we beat. If he has a set why would he check on the river unless he thinks we may bet a busted flush draw? That's really the only reason I can think for him to check with a hand we can't beat. He's not going to have 2 pair or a straight very often, so we're really only losing to a set.
$40 pot in a .50 game is nice. Do we lose value by checking?lets see, BB calls the 1.50 more. i already dont think he has a great hand. i mean, lots of people make loose calls at this level.you only raised 4x.he now check/raises your flop lead. min raises mind you. Often i put this on a weak Top pair. probably looking for any info. which he gets, since you smooth called.he probably thinks you're weak.A draw here is possible, he might be semi-bluffing this hand / adding value if he hits. although the Top card on this board is 1 of the flush cards. so does he hold J,10 suited maybe? K,Js?Or is this a weak Q?he then leads the turn. just over half the pot. pretty weak after a check/raise. I think, he thnks he will by this pot rigt here. which to me, means he doesnt have a Q. I'm leaning more towards a draw.you then call the bet. obviously you have a hand. AQ, KQ.. etc... I dont think he puts you on KK/AAriver blanks.if he missed his flush he folds. If he spiked a set, he's praying on you to bet this, which is horrible since you havent shown much agression. Its possible he hit a set of 8's got excited and is hoping to trap. but i doubt it.Its also possible he check/call with a weak Q here. but for some reason I dont think its that either. I think this is a missed flush, or a slight possibility of a weak QSo, can you extract value? i doubt it. i dont think his hand is strong enough to invest the rest of his stack. if he was aggro, he mgt have shoveld the blank river on a busted draw.But, i'm leaning towards him folding to any betThe bet only conceals your hand now, U'll win uncontested and not show your kings.so to answer the question. Yes, i do push
Min-raise is as often a set as it is top pair. I also don't think the turn lead necessarily indicates weakness at all.
Min-raise is as often a set as it is top pair. I also don't think the turn lead necessarily indicates weakness at all.
I'm not sure why you feel this way, but on this board, if villain is going to raise a set, he is going to make it more than the min.If you think a check/min-raise cries set why bother calling?because its not always a set.... rigt? and yes his turn is weak. for a set, he is giving a FD pretty good odds to call here almost 3:1and then a check on the river when a brick hits, well that just seals the deal that its not a set.You gotta remeber, we arent at the table.i can only imagine what happend. You checked behind and he had a set.so now u want to find out if anyone else could tell he had a set, and wether or not they would lose more money by betting?
I'm not sure why you feel this way, but on this board, if villain is going to raise a set, he is going to make it more than the min.If you think a check/min-raise cries set why bother calling?because its not always a set.... rigt? and yes his turn is weak. for a set, he is giving a FD pretty good odds to call here almost 3:1and then a check on the river when a brick hits, well that just seals the deal that its not a set.You gotta remeber, we arent at the table.i can only imagine what happend. You checked behind and he had a set.so now u want to find out if anyone else could tell he had a set, and wether or not they would lose more money by betting?
Actually I put him all-in and he folded. Way to make false assumptions in order to belittle me. I was simply trying to figure out how to extract maximum value.

I think you're against a range where a bet's in order here. I really can't see a set or two pair slowing up like this on the river, considering that you appear to be in check/call mode and seem likely to check behind here. I would imagine you're up against AQ kQ or a broken flush draw which makes this a bet. His stack is short enough that he's probably going to feel obligated to call with AQ here if you push. I don't think the bet size matters by the river, he's either calling or he's not.

Actually I put him all-in and he folded. Way to make false assumptions in order to belittle me. I was simply trying to figure out how to extract maximum value.
Belittle you??LOLI told you exactly what i thought, and you said "No way, this is set more times than not"well obviously Not. so why do you ask for help and comments if you can take everyones into account
Belittle you??LOLI told you exactly what i thought, and you said "No way, this is set more times than not"well obviously Not. so why do you ask for help and comments if you can take everyones into account
I never said "No way" at all. I also said I think it's a set "as often," not "more often than not." I do take in everyone's account.Your entire response seemed a bit aggressive in general. I don't understand the purpose of saying "i can only imagine what happend. You checked behind and he had a set.so now u want to find out if anyone else could tell he had a set, and wether or not they would lose more money by betting?" Seems like you were just trying to be an ******* when you wrote that.
I never said "No way" at all. I also said I think it's a set "as often," not "more often than not." I do take in everyone's account.Your entire response seemed a bit aggressive in general. I don't understand the purpose of saying "i can only imagine what happend. You checked behind and he had a set.so now u want to find out if anyone else could tell he had a set, and wether or not they would lose more money by betting?" Seems like you were just trying to be an ******* when you wrote that.
i was being an *******, because your response to my original post seemed a bit like I have no idea what i'm talking about.If you question anything in the post, or you have factual info to backup an opposing point on why i'm way off, than i would be more inclined to go further in depth on this hand. and try and find my own leaks, and where i went wrong.but to just say. "This is a set as often, etc etc... and the turn raise isnt weak" well i dont know how to take that? so basically everything i wrote is wrong, but you don't want to clear up the reasons on why i'm wrong?If you said. no no, 1/2 the pot on the turn means strength because he has done this same move 3 times in the past session with the nuts. than ok.but you have no added info.you see why i might be a little "on tilt" to your 1 line reply. after all, we're all here to help each other develop different views and plans of attack
i was being an *******, because your response to my original post seemed a bit like I have no idea what i'm talking about.
If you take a one line opinion as me claiming you have no idea what you're talking about, I have no idea what to say. This is a thread for everyone to express their opinions on the hand and I was further expressing mine.