Reading the intro to SS today and saw Doyle mention that you should have atlest $2500 for a 5/10NL game. Am I totally miunderstanding this or was this really old BR management?
It was tighter games back in the day. Tighter games=less variance for good players. Thats my guess anyhow.
Reading the intro to SS today and saw Doyle mention that you should have atlest $2500 for a 5/10NL game. Am I totally miunderstanding this or was this really old BR management?
Live NL games often play bigger. That's still the case today. Plus Doyle had a wild style and it was usually to his benefit to have the table covered.
Live NL games often play bigger. That's still the case today. Plus Doyle had a wild style and it was usually to his benefit to have the table covered.
See this is where i may have read it wrong. (although i reread it when I saw it). He was talking about money management almost like it was his bankroll. Sitting with 2500 makes a lot of sense to me tho.
See this is where i may have read it wrong. (although i reread it when I saw it). He was talking about money management almost like it was his bankroll. Sitting with 2500 makes a lot of sense to me tho.
In live games, where you have an edge on your opponents, obviously the deeper stack is better. I've heard 5/10 live games play much more like 10/20 for this reason.
In live games, where you have an edge on your opponents, obviously the deeper stack is better. I've heard 5/10 live games play much more like 10/20 for this reason.
playing 2/5 I haven't found any rooms that let you get a buyin significantly over 100BB's. (I never play less than 100) and from reading these forums, it seems like a lot of people have had a hard time finding over 50.
playing 2/5 I haven't found any rooms that let you get a buyin significantly over 100BB's. (I never play less than 100) and from reading these forums, it seems like a lot of people have had a hard time finding over 50.
At Caesar's in Vegas, the buy-in for 1/2 was min $100, max $500. I usually just bought in for whatever let me cover most of the players (typically $300). The buy-in for 2/5 and above was uncapped.
At Caesar's in Vegas, the buy-in for 1/2 was min $100, max $500. I usually just bought in for whatever let me cover most of the players (typically $300). The buy-in for 2/5 and above was uncapped.
I should have played at cesar's when i went.
My normal haunt, Caesar's Indiana, has 300 max for the 1/2.I've played in the extremes this month.Chumash, California has a 1/2 with $50 max! (They give you all white.)2/5 at Chumash and the Commerce has a $100 max.Binions 1/2 is uncapped. (Woo-hoo!)
My normal haunt, Caesar's Indiana, has 300 max for the 1/2.I've played in the extremes this month.Chumash, California has a 1/2 with $50 max! (They give you all white.)2/5 at Chumash and the Commerce has a $100 max.Binions 1/2 is uncapped. (Woo-hoo!)
the game also looks like half the people are crack addicts too. My wife thought binion's was the skeeziest place we went to in Vegas. I personally was just suprised at how small it was
Chumash, California has a 1/2 with $50 max! (They give you all white.)2/5 at Chumash and the Commerce has a $100 max.
Those are horrible buy in amounts for those limits, how retarded.