when will i learn?

I firmly believe that I could be a very successful player if I could eliminate these two problems. However, they are very big problems...#1 - I see way too many flops. This happens especially when I am running decent and think any two cards can win no matter what.#2 - Along the same lines, when I am on a rush I fell like I am unbeatable. I push way too hard and try to win the hand no matter what is in front of me. I don't give players credit for having quality hands.Now I don't always have this problem but I would be 100% better if I could just swallow my pride sometimes and play good solid poker. Hopefully I will learn this sooner than later.Sorry guys just wanted to vent.

I firmly believe that I could be a very successful player if I could eliminate these two problems. However, they are very big problems...#1 - I see way too many flops. This happens especially when I am running decent and think any two cards can win no matter what.#2 - Along the same lines, when I am on a rush I fell like I am unbeatable. I push way too hard and try to win the hand no matter what is in front of me. I don't give players credit for having quality hands.Now I don't always have this problem but I would be 100% better if I could just swallow my pride sometimes and play good solid poker. Hopefully I will learn this sooner than later.Sorry guys just wanted to vent.
I want to say, no they're not, but they may be for you.#1 - Tighten up your starting hand requirements, especially when your running good. And you know how to recognize when your running good because you just admitted you did.#2 - Tighten up your post flop play. Quit trying to bluff in early position, especially on the flop and turn. On the river is ok ONCE IN A WHILE, when the board isn't too scary, or the river card looked scary for your opponent.Your OP clearly suggests you know what your problem is, and that is 1/2 the battle. Now that you know your problem, fix it.
To be honest, OP, these are the 2 problems I find myself having. I'm mostly a NL player (home games and online SnG's). When I'm running good, I feel like I can bluff anyone, anytime...I tend to forget about actually reading them. My suggestion would be to slow down when you find these things happening-count to 10 before making your move if you have to, just make sure you're properly assessing the situation you're in. The other thing I keep reminding myself is that successful poker is more about making the correct decisions rather than winning every pot. Hope this helps....Good Luck!
To be honest, OP, these are the 2 problems I find myself having. I'm mostly a NL player (home games and online SnG's). When I'm running good, I feel like I can bluff anyone, anytime...I tend to forget about actually reading them. My suggestion would be to slow down when you find these things happening-count to 10 before making your move if you have to, just make sure you're properly assessing the situation you're in. The other thing I keep reminding myself is that successful poker is more about making the correct decisions rather than winning every pot. Hope this helps....Good Luck!
Big problem i see in a lot of players.I've never really had this problem, but my advice is rather simpleIf you get on these runs, why are you trying to play more hands? are you trying so hard to bust these other people and make them broke?, compassion is a bad quality to have at a poker table, but it helps in these situations.You have most of their chips, why take more?. (S.S.W.)STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!! :club:
STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!!
lol, easier said than done, sometimes. It's a matter of being very overconfident after a series of nice runs. It's just about being able to keep your confidence and ego in check and go back to playing the kind of poker that got you there in the 1st place.
STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!!
lol, easier said than done, sometimes. It's a matter of being very overconfident after a series of nice runs. It's just about being able to keep your confidence and ego in check and go back to playing the kind of poker that got you there in the 1st place.
I'm sorry, I must've stuttered. Let me try again.b]STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!! [/b][/
STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!!
No.. no thats not it at all. i'm not trying to come off as a prick.but i've left tables with 7x the max buy-in, and its not cuz i started playing more hands while on a role. its because i played the same game i would play if i was sitting at my starting amount. :-)
STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!!
No.. no thats not it at all. i'm not trying to come off as a prick.but i've left tables with 7x the max buy-in, and its not cuz i started playing more hands while on a role. its because i played the same game i would play if i was sitting at my starting amount. :-)
No, you didn't come off as a prick, I see what you're getting at. I think that b/c I play NL tournaments most of the time, once I get on a rush, I just try to close the deal, instead of grinding it out and playing my same game. Not making excuses, that's just how it is sometimes.
STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!!
no, you didn't stutter....you weren't at all helpful, but you didn't stutter.
STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!!
OK, I'm not in the mood,but I'll try to be helpful.Umm...... A little discipline goes a long way. Oh and....STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!
STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!!
OK, I'm not in the mood,but I'll try to be helpful.Umm...... A little discipline goes a long way. Oh and....STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!
I'm not trying to start a flamewar, I'm just trying to say that you weren't being exceptionally helpful....if you've never run into this problem in your own game, or don't have anything helpful to say, then please don't bother posting.
STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!!
I'm not trying to start a flamewar, I'm just trying to say that you weren't being exceptionally helpful....if you've never run into this problem in your own game, or don't have anything helpful to say, then please don't bother posting.
If you get your head out of your ass, you'll notice I'm trying to help you in my own anebriated way. Now pay close attention, and "understand the words that are coming out of my mouth!!"Develop yourself an ounce of discipline. Oh, and....STOP PLAYING CRAP!!!
Yo, I am a LAG, and I am proud of it.I am a damn good lag. So be careful.
in NL this is fine...in limit games, you will have a hard time keeping up with the TAG's