Marco Rubio Already Pandering To Anti-Science Base For 2016

So he did not fall for the Trap Question(there was no correct answer). What does the age of earth have to do with anything especially the economy. Nice Try....don't worry this is the first shot of many to try to distort and destroy Rubio. Of course Obama knows that there is 57 states and standing in Hawaii states here in Asia. Of course the left are really not interested in important things like Liberty.

Senate bill rewrite lets feds read your e-mail without warrants

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57552225-38/senate-bill-rewrite-lets-feds-read-your-e-mail-without-warrants/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

So he did not fall for the Trap Question(there was no correct answer).

Lol. Yes there is, that's the whole point.

4.5 billion give or take. I don't think you know what a trap is. Consult admiral ackbar

Lol. Yes there is, that's the whole point.

4.5 billion give or take. I don't think you know what a trap is. Consult admiral ackbar

When dealing with Liberals there is no correct answers, it will be twisted. And he did give the correct answer to a stupid question, redirect.

When dealing with Liberals there is no correct answers, it will be twisted. And he did give the correct answer to a stupid question, redirect.

So true, had rubio said 4.5 million years, the headline in all the usual liberal outlets woulda been, Rubio DISTANCES HIMSELF FROM CONSERVATIVE BASE>

In a country faced with skyrocketing gas prices, it would be nice to have a leadership that understood where oil comes from (hint: it wasn’t poofed into existence 4000 years ago.) With looming climate change, it would be nice to have a leadership that understood how carbon cycles work and how gases affect the atmosphere (hint: no angels are involved.) With the prospect of emerging infectious diseases, it’s necessary that our leadership understand how microorganisms evolve (hint: the moral turpitude of the victims is not usually a factor.)

I don’t expect a president to be a geologist or physicist or climatologist or microbiologist, but I at least expect them to respect and use the informed advice of scientists.

Rubio won’t. Please let his campaign whither and die on his first visit to Iowa.

So he did not fall for the Trap Question(there was no correct answer). What does the age of earth have to do with anything especially the economy. Nice Try....don't worry this is the first shot of many to try to distort and destroy Rubio. Of course Obama knows that there is 57 states and standing in Hawaii states here in Asia. Of course the left are really not interested in important things like Liberty.

This is an insane answer, but you know that, right?

In a country faced with skyrocketing gas prices, it would be nice to have a leadership that understood where oil comes from (hint: it wasn’t poofed into existence 4000 years ago.) With looming climate change, it would be nice to have a leadership that understood how carbon cycles work and how gases affect the atmosphere (hint: no angels are involved.) With the prospect of emerging infectious diseases, it’s necessary that our leadership understand how microorganisms evolve (hint: the moral turpitude of the victims is not usually a factor.)

I don’t expect a president to be a geologist or physicist or climatologist or microbiologist, but I at least expect them to respect and use the informed advice of scientists.

Rubio won’t. Please let his campaign whither and die on his first visit to Iowa.

I rest my case, this all is totally bogus. Stick around, if Rubio runs by election day he will falsley be quoted as saying that Thamas Edison is a Fraud even though he did not have a conversation about Edison.

I just wished we had a President that listened to the people that did build it. That would be a good start!

This is an insane answer, but you know that, right?

In fact it is right on and totally sane. Totally understand that the 2016 campain is underway. Time for the left to seek and destroy with stupid GOTCHA questions.

In fact it is right on and totally sane. Totally understand that the 2016 campain is underway. Time for the left to seek and destroy with stupid GOTCHA questions.

How is a very basic scientific question which has a very specific answer a GOTCHA question with "no correct answer?"

How is a very basic scientific question which has a very specific answer a GOTCHA question with "no correct answer?"

Tim, this question GQ asked Rubio is totally irrelevant. As far as why it is a GOTCHA question, just check out the original post.

"Marco Rubio isn't a moron. He knows that the Earth is 4.5 Billion years old but because so many Republican's think it's 10,000 years old he can't come out and say it and that is really sad".

"What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it ... it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live -- that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible: That, I don't presume to know." Senator Obama.

Marco Rubio isn't a moron. He knows that the Earth is 4.5 Billion years old but because so many Republican's think it's 10,000 years old he can't come out and say it and that is really sad.

Why Doesn't Florida Senator Marco Rubio Know How Old the Earth Is?

I guess that applies for Obama when he was running for President.

From Right wing Rag Slate. Good Article.

And here's then-Sen. Obama, D-Ill.,

at Messiah College in Grantham, Pa. on April 13, 2008:

Q: Senator, if one of your daughters asked you—and maybe they already have—“Daddy, did god really create the world in 6 days?,” what would you say?

A: What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it … it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live—that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible: That, I don't presume to know.

That is a very good article and just goes to show that all politicians in the US will spout B.S. at times to appeal to the scientifically illiterate and that's sad no matter who is saying it.

In light of these concordances, to call Rubio a liar or a fool would be to call our nation's president the same, along with every other politician who might like to occupy the Oval Office. If a reporter asks a candidate to name the age of Earth, there's only one acceptable response: Well, you know, that's a complicated issue … and who am I to say?

That's not to argue that Obama and Rubio are identical in mind-set (although it's hard to tell what either thinks on the basis of his cagey public statements). It's clear enough they differ on some scientific policies. At the same 2008 event in Pennsylvania,

:

Let me just make one last point on this. I do believe in evolution. I don't think that is incompatible with Christian faith, just as I don't think science generally is incompatible with Christian faith. I think that this is something that we get bogged down in. There are those who suggest that if you have a scientific bent of mind then somehow you should reject religion, and I fundamentally disagree with that. In fact, the more I learn about the world, the more I know about science, the more I am amazed about the mystery of this planet and this universe—and it strengthens my faith as opposed to weakens it. [APPLAUSE]

So Obama believes in evolution, and presumably he'd like to teach it in the nation's public schools, while Rubio suggests that "multiple theories" should be given equal time. But even so, both men present the science as a matter of personal opinion. Obama doesn't say, Evolution is a fact; he says, I believe in it.

That is a very good article and just goes to show that all politicians in the US will spout B.S. at times to appeal to the scientifically illiterate and that's sad no matter who is saying it.

yes only American politicians will pander....

You got us.

yes only American politicians will pander....

You got us.

Heck no, all politicians will pander to a certain extent. The difference is that the US is the only advanced Western country that I know of that pandering to the ignorance of the electorate when it comes to science is thought of as a winning strategy.

That being said in a lot of places fear mongering about environmental issues and overplaying those is thought of as a winning strategy.

It will be a sweet poetic justice when the right's love of Jesus makes their party irrelevant.

As an atheist, I long for that day, which doesn't seem like its too far away.

• 4 months later...

Heck no, all politicians will pander to a certain extent. The difference is that the US is the only advanced Western country that I know of that pandering to the ignorance of the electorate when it comes to science is thought of as a winning strategy.

That being said in a lot of places fear mongering about environmental issues and overplaying those is thought of as a winning strategy.

Really? I thin it has worked excellent for conservatives and possibly their only chance of staying relevent. Keeping the populace stupid, which isn't difficult, and playing to their biased fears seems to be very effective. They are going to lose some battles, like gay marriage, but they win many of the others. Try talking to a creationist. There is no reasoning with them, and the government has no power nor desire to actively discourage their immoral beliefs. Just saw today, that if allowed, 55% of Republicans would pass laws making Chrisitanity an official state religon, e.g.

Really? I thin it has worked excellent for conservatives and possibly their only chance of staying relevent. Keeping the populace stupid, which isn't difficult, and playing to their biased fears seems to be very effective. They are going to lose some battles, like gay marriage, but they win many of the others. Try talking to a creationist. There is no reasoning with them, and the government has no power nor desire to actively discourage their immoral beliefs. Just saw today, that if allowed, 55% of Republicans would pass laws making Chrisitanity an official state religon, e.g.

You must be pulling our leg or you are a nut and fool!!!!