I was watching Poker Superstars and David Sklansky came across as very very arrogant, with the announcers even making a "borderline arrogance" comment regarding him. There is confidence, but this guy seemed like an *** on tv. Anyone able to comment on what he is like and if other pros are arrogant? My buddy met Jen Harman in person and said she was a total bi--h.

I was watching Poker Superstars and David Sklansky came across as very very arrogant, with the announcers even making a "borderline arrogance" comment regarding him. There is confidence, but this guy seemed like an *** on tv. Anyone able to comment on what he is like and if other pros are arrogant? My buddy met Jen Harman in person and said she was a total bi--h.
This is actually the first time I've heard someone single out Sklansky as being particularly arrogant.Let's be real...ALL poker players have egos and the pros have extra big ones.I'm surprised that anyone could pick on Sklansky after seeing Matusow, Sheiki, etc.
This is actually the first time I've heard someone single out Sklansky as being particularly arrogant.Let's be real...ALL poker players have egos and the pros have extra big ones.I'm surprised that anyone could pick on Sklansky after seeing Matusow, Sheiki, etc.
I posted about this thing the first time it was on the air (a year or more ago). Basically Sklansky said if he wanted to he could've won the nobel prize 'cause he's just that smart.He just came accross like a prick.
I posted about this thing the first time it was on the air (a year or more ago). Basically Sklansky said if he wanted to he could've won the nobel prize 'cause he's just that smart.He just came accross like a prick.
I saw a thread at 2+2 a long time ago by a guy who claimed he had met both at the same time that basicly said that Mason is an extremely likable guy while David could use some work on his manners.
I actually used to idolize Sklansky....I had no idea how to play holdem and when it was introuced in Toronto 11 years ago, me and a buddy decided to order THE Sklansky book...We both booked monster wins for the year after reading his book...Never looked back since...