Lost 95% Of My Bankroll

i wont share how i lost it but how can i make myself feel better.really feel down right now. the most money i've lost in such a short time. money i cant dream of earning with a normal job.what do you do when you lose more than you can lose

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wont share how i lost it but how can i make myself feel better.really feel down right now. the most money i've lost in such a short time. money i cant dream of earning with a normal job.what do you do when you lose more than you can lose
just so you know someone is going to suggest suicide, but dont do it.Just take a break, regroup, get back to basics. Play within your bankroll, good luck.
Take the last %5 and go to a bar, then a pawn shop ?Seriously though....I don't know how much you lost, so I can't give advice
rebuild.

it happens, man. don't let it get to you too much, and CERTAINLY don't let it affect the other parts of your life. i went from 15k to 700 in a matter of months, took a break, sucked it up and went back to the low dollar stuff and am slowly climbing back to where i was in december.just make sure you're not making any mistakes, and that's all you can do. and don't lose your confidence.

Buy your friends a huge steak dinner with the last 5%, then get past it and start over. Watch Suicide Kings.

I actually went out and got a part time job at home depot, put back together a small roll and started playing again.Or take the last 5% and smoke people on party backgammon.

I lost about 75% of mine, if that helps you feel any better. My plan is to take a break for about 3 days, then go at it at the lower levels. If that doesn't work, I'll get a job.

I lost about 75% of mine, if that helps you feel any better. My plan is to take a break for about 3 days, then go at it at the lower levels. If that doesn't work, I'll get a job.
wow people are dropping like flys, what is going on?

Wow, I don't know if I could ever put 95 percent of my roll on the line at one time, in one day or in one month.you'd best take a couple days off to get off tilt or steaming or hookers or whatever you did to lose the dough.With five percent to start with, you only have to double up 5 times to get back in the black.

That your bankroll doesn't = your rent money, so.....nevermind.
exactly.so he's even a bigger idiot than I would ever be.I play with money that would be easily replaceable, yet still play way overrolled.no offense to idiots.
That your bankroll doesn't = your rent money, so.....nevermind.
Im with you there.I'm trying to get a job but it's taking awhile.Now I have actually lost 100% of my BR. So I sure hope this job calls me back tommorrow.
wow people are dropping like flys, what is going on?
Well I can tell you that my problem is that I had a pretty good few weeks, decided that I should play some much larger games, lost those, realized that I'd better drop back down, went on tilt, got fucked at about 3 final tables (any one of which could have put me back up, if only if only if only 99 could beat 44 etc), and here I am. [/rant]

so far most of the responses you have received are all good ones.the main thing to remember is that it happened and there is no way you can go back in time and change that.what you can change is the way you lost it.just remember, when you are about to head down that same path again, stop yourself from repeating your previous mistakes.rebuild, reboot, retry, redeposit, re-evaluate (but not necessarily in that order :club:)GOOD LUCKP.S. We have all been there at some point so you are not alone.