Villain is 22/15/1.75, semi passive from short observation. I have been playing fairly LAG, but haven't been at the table longFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$44 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $529.30Button: $726.35SB: $737.35Hero: $364Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with :D:club:2 folds, SB raises to $12, Hero calls.Flop: :D :D :D ($24, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $16, SB calls.Turn: :) ($56, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $34, SB calls.River: :) ($124, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $83, SB raises to $166, Hero raises all-in $302Well represented bluff or unnecessary spew?

i would actually consider your reraise a fourth barrel. but after he raises i give up after the third your probably not gonna get a fold for $136 into a $600 pot. villian almost always shows up with a K here.

I don't see this as being anything other than a spew, he is pretty tight passive, but you admit you haven't been at the table very long... river check raises are usually a very strong hand, especially from a passive player. Also you don't have enough money after he raises to get him to fold any sort of hand.

spew (spy)v. spewed, spew·ing, spews v.tr.1. To send or force out in or as if in a stream; eject forcefully or in large amounts: a volcano that spewed molten lava; spewed invective at his opponent.2. To vomit or otherwise cast out through the mouth.3. OP

When was the last time you saw a river check-raise that laid down?No less on a flush flop that turned and rivered for a board 2 pair.No less it was a frogging minraise representing uber strength.If he folded... i'll die laughing.But 9-7s is the nuts, I can't blame ya.

We all know. But over the long term this move is: spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew win spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew spew win
I didn't realize there were two ways to spell spew
spew (spy)v. spewed, spew·ing, spews v.tr.1. To send or force out in or as if in a stream; eject forcefully or in large amounts: a volcano that spewed molten lava; spewed invective at his opponent.2. To vomit or otherwise cast out through the mouth.3. OP
:club:

I pretty much decided before I came into this topic that I was going to say it was a spew. Then, after I read it, I realized that I am psychic.The guy is never folding getting 4:1 on this river, like, ever. I guess he did though or you probably wouldn't of posted it.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but this is one of the worst bluffs I've ever seen, considering you yourself defined villain as semi-passive. A c/r on the river from these opponents signifies great strength.

First, the villain has 7 :club: 7 :D and this is an amazing value bet.Second, isn't this what we've been talking about on IM cwik? I'm losing money becuase 3 barrels rarely work. You really are firing 4 barrels here and I'm not sure what you are putting the villain on. He raised preflop. He called the flop. He called the turn. He check/raises the river. Your betting the whole way looked like top pair (or a flopped flush) from start to finish. You get to river where top pair is the nuts and a flush is wothless, and he c/rs you? Check-minraise. Pretty gross. Really the ony hand that this ever works against is a missed NFD that decided to c/r the river. You already pegged him as passive and I'm pretty sure that as a general rule, passive villains do not c/r bluff the river. If he had a flush that he was slowplaying, he's not raising the river.It is a sick move from the standpoint that your river line can never (did I just say that?) be a bluff. I think the thing is though, you really gotta get to 10/20 NL or higher before people really see that they're getting like 12-1 and will fold knowing that you can never (I did it again) be bluffing there. Most people still won't fold there, but the really good players will.I dunno, this looks pretty spewy, but I have a feeling that he folded or called you with something he shouldn't have (like a flush or QQ or something) and that's why this got posted here.FWIW, against some aggro people, I might play AK just like he did here.

The second worst thing about this (aside from basically donating $$$ to the villain) is that since he obv called your river bet.... you ended up forced to show that hand.FAIL Plays like this rarely work against live opponents whom you've had many hands with.I dunno, maybe you got lucky this time and were right... but like the other comments there really is nothing to base this raise off of....