• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan is gonna be mad at you.My goal, for now is to finish off this current deal I have ASAP, and get my **** together and then finally stop sucking at poker, and rebuild my joke of a bankroll on my own.I have no idea how long it will take me to finish off this current deal, but as soon as it's done, I'm going to reevalute, and set a new goal depending on how many days left in the month. Hopefully I'll be updating in about a week or so.- Zach

I'll stick with SnG's and not play too much nor make much nor care much
I've played 7 $30+3 SNGs in the past few days. Two 3rds and two 1sts. Tempted to start getting back into them.

vacation from the 4th till the 20th and then i move into my dorm on the 21st, so i'll be happy if i get in oh 20k hands.my real goal though is to not feed my limit HE addiction at all this month. NL is more lucrative and i need more work on it, it's just sh limit is sooooo fun.........i would also like to be able to regularly 16 table by the end of august, but that's probably not gona happen.

Jordan is gonna be mad at you.My goal, for now is to finish off this current deal I have ASAP, and get my **** together and then finally stop sucking at poker, and rebuild my joke of a bankroll on my own.I have no idea how long it will take me to finish off this current deal, but as soon as it's done, I'm going to reevalute, and set a new goal depending on how many days left in the month. Hopefully I'll be updating in about a week or so.- Zach
I'll have the real thread up at 12:01am, sharp.- Jordan
I've played 7 $30+3 SNGs in the past few days. Two 3rds and two 1sts. Tempted to start getting back into them.
with the moderate variance and bad play, I'd say they are good tilt re-coopers.For anyone who may have lost a big chunk of their role.

Through bonuses and marginally (~1.75bb/100) winning play, I hope to increase my roll to at least $1600, up from just under $1k. I think I am looking at at least 12k hands playing 1/2 limit.I would also like to try out 2/4. Do the limits play very differently?

with the moderate variance and bad play, I'd say they are good tilt re-coopers.For anyone who may have lost a big chunk of their role.
Which is why I'm back to playing SNG's...Except for going out of my last 3 sngs with AA vs 55, all in preflop... AA vs A4o, allin preflop... AQo vs Q6s (who limped UTG and called my huge raise from the BB)...I'd have to say variance is pwning me once again.
AQo vs Q6s (who limped UTG and called my huge raise from the BB)...
Had a really strange call on me in a 30+3 today. I was short-stacked with 6 people left. Had 660 with blinds of 100/200. Folds to me and I push in with Q7s in MP. Button (1,600) ponders for a bit and calls. Me: "Frig." Others fold. Button shows 43s. I flop a queen and take it...and go on to win. I can't imagine what he was thinking.
Through bonuses and marginally (~1.75bb/100) winning play, I hope to increase my roll to at least $1600, up from just under $1k. I think I am looking at at least 12k hands playing 1/2 limit.I would also like to try out 2/4. Do the limits play very differently?
Yeah.1/2 is a lot tighter. At least that's what ive noticed on party and on absolute.2/4 is still passive though. When you move up to 3/6 and 5/10, the games get aggressive-ish.

don't care how many hands I have to put in.I have a bet w/my friend, who can make 10k first. So I'd like to get to there starting from 3/6 full ring hold'em, to 3/6 short handed, and then 5/10 short handed, and finally when i'm near the 10k level, jump into either the 200 or 400 nl game and leave wpx for like...ever? yar

Not really setting any goals for myself this month. I'm basically finished at b2b unless some of their big 5x boni come back, and I'm done at Pokerroom. Will probably start looking for a job soon, and start working on my CSC and/or CFA. My "pro" career is mostly over, so I'm not setting any big goals. Hopefully I can get 20K hands in this month, almost exclusively at Absolute and put some money towards next year's rent and expenses. I'll probably sign up at WSEX soon, and play there when there isn't enough available at Absolute. Also I'll do all the Cryptos and maybe 1-2 other bonuses.

My goal is to pass exams.After that, I have a window of about 2 1/2 weeks were I can really enjoy summer. I plan on spending a lot of time outdoors drinking lots of tequila.I also plan to get in roughly 20k hands (all nl), and hope to win somewhere between 10 - 15k.I might even give the sunday million gaurunteed on party a try. If I do, my goal is to win that.

To continue playing good, tilt free poker.Going to concentrate on 1/2 NL, and hopefully have a +1000$ month.

With my first full month of poker this summer, I'm looking to play a lot of O8 full ring games.I'd like to work my roll up to 2.25k, but 2.5-3k would be sweet, and I think that is realistic. That would amount to a 500-1250 month. Anything less, I would be disappointed with after my recent success.I'd also like to continue to nurture my live tournament strategy that has seemed to work wonders lately.

1) Increase my winrate at limit to at least 1.5BB/100. It's clear I have this room to improve. I just need to stop having Matusow blow-ups with AKo once per 100. (Coincidentally, my name is also Mike. I hope I'm not related.)2) Finish clearing my Absolute bonus (an implict hand requirement)3) Devise a cunning plan to discourage Abba from stealing my blinds at freaking 40% while he's away on vacation.-M

1) Increase my winrate at limit to at least 1.5BB/100. It's clear I have this room to improve. I just need to stop having Matusow blow-ups with AKo once per 100. (Coincidentally, my name is also Mike. I hope I'm not related.)2) Finish clearing my Absolute bonus (an implict hand requirement)3) Devise a cunning plan to discourage Abba from stealing my blinds at freaking 40% while he's away on vacation.-M
what's your username on absolute?and Abba is being nice, since i think he's usually 40-45%.
what's your username on absolute?and Abba is being nice, since i think he's usually 40-45%.
sn_aleand if you wanna be social while we're playing MSN me: mjd-im@surly.org.Didn't we used to have a stickied thread for screen names? Where'd that go?