and god said, "take a break!"

This starts off as a bad beat story, but ends up on kind of a funny note...So I'm playing 1-2 LHE on PS today, and encountered these two hands simultaneously (playing at 2 tables):One hand, I had AA and 10 10 horribly called me down to the river and caught a 10 on the river... At the other table, I had JJ... Flop KJ6 rainbow... turn K... river A... and I lose a huge pot to AK...Anyways, for the next 10 minutes I"m on a pretty good tilt... lose about $20... and all of a sudden, there's a HUGE clap of thunder/lightning outside, and my internet gives out for an even hour...After that break, I've been up about $30... still down on the day because of a couple other horrendous beats, but I can't be too upset.Who says God doesn't care about poker?

lol, I had the opposite, when I was building my 1/2 b/r and had just begun playing it I was on 4th with the nut boat and... we heard a large noise outside the dorms...Lights. Internet. TV. OFF...I didn't get any of the money out of the pot, I had used my all-in protections already :(It SUCKED....

lol, I had the opposite, when I was building my 1/2 b/r and had just begun playing it I was on 4th with the nut boat and... we heard a large noise outside the dorms...Lights. Internet. TV. OFF...I didn't get any of the money out of the pot, I had used my all-in protections already :(It SUCKED....
Similar story...Playing a $20 buy-in sit-n-go at FTP... eliminate the guy in fourth so we're down to the final 3 (already in the money) when WHAM, power-surge in my house and my computer re-starts. By the time I get logged back in, the big stack has me all-in (having blinded me down) and sure enough I lose and finish 2nd. Obviously the good news is I finish 2nd when I easily could've finished 3rd. Bad news is I would've liked the shot at heads up.So I'm tilting big time but instead of just quitting, I jump into a cash room... get dealt Jd-7s in the big blind, check and the flop comes Kd-Qd-10d. Two callers to my raise... turn, MOTHER-F#$%ing Ad. Royal flush... and I end up making more money on that one cash-game hand than I would've if I had won the sit-n-go originally.The poker gods clearly recognized they owed me one there... p2

If you think that was bad, stick to limit. At a NL table you would have lost your whole stack on those hands..thank God for small favors :club:

If you think that was bad, stick to limit. At a NL table you would have lost your whole stack on those hands..thank God for small favors :D
Yeah you're right man I woulda lost a lot more cuz these Donkeys were calling and raising everything, we tried finding the hand history for it but it was on a site that doesn't allow for that too happen easily... All I know is I pumped a lot of money into the pot and it pissed me off, infact it might have even been a 2/4 limit which at the time was as high as I could afford to go. I say that because I remember knowing the pot was at $76 on 4th... Bleh I'm over it... I guess :club:
Guest XXEddie

gimme a breakgimme a breakbreak me off a piece of the kit kat bar!Its got a chocolate chrispy taste thats gonna make your dayyou know wherever you go, you hear the people saygimme a breakgimme a breakbreak me off a piece of the kit kat bar!sry....

Sorry for posting my mother nature bad beat stories. Its tough when you know your going to make a few bucks with a monster and then dont because of some occurance that had nothing to do with the game