We Are... Penn State

0817_large.jpgExpectations are high in Happy Valley. They have a pretty weak schedule but if they can get past Akron I can I start to get excited. They lost an experiences Senior Class last year but big things are expected out of QB Daryll Clark.9/05 Akron 9/12 Syracuse9/19 Temple 9/26 Iowa 10/03 @ Illinois10/10 Eastern Illinois10/17 Minnesota10/24 @ Michigan 10/31 @ Northwestern11/07 Ohio State11/14 Indiana11/21 @ Michigan State

It's certainly possible for them to loss each of their Big Ten games, I agree, but I doubt it. The JoePa robot is just not gonna let that happen.

OSU vs PSU in Happy Valley will probably decide the B10. It'll be interesting to see how PSU reloads on offense after losing all of their starting wide receivers.

Trailer for the Upcoming Season -

bigTenLogo.jpgHere's something I bet is news to some people. It certainly was to me.
Big Ten ConferenceFounded in 1896, the Big Ten Conference is a union of world-class academic institutions who share a common mission of research, graduate, professional and undergraduate teaching and public service. From approximately 1949 until 1990, the Big Ten consisted of 10 member schools. Then, on June 4, 1990, it added Pennsylvania State University into the Conference. The "Big Ten" name stayed the same, but if you look closely at the blue space surrounding the letters "G" and "T", you can clearly see the number "11" reflects this addition.
http://www.walletpop.com/specials/hidden-m...n-popular-logos
I must say, I'm disappointed in you not knowing that.HAHA
I knew they messed up the Big Ten...but didn't know about the logo.
OMG that schedule is PATHETIC!seriously........
Agreed, which means even if they go undefeated they'd likely still help to make the BCS Championship game.
Agreed, which means even if they go undefeated they'd likely still help to make the BCS Championship game.
Penn St. is now my #2 team behind the Gators since my brother is going to Penn St. now so I'm gonna start following them a little.The schedule is a joke, so maybe we can see a UF PSU BCS game.
Why the fuck does the nittany lion paw print have 5 toes? Considering you are a college, you could at least get the number of toes on a cat right.
It's actually because Clemson has the 4 toed print trademarked.

TMQ:It's tempting to confer the 2009 Gimmick Sked of the Year distinction on Oklahoma State. The Cowboys not only play eight games at home and four away -- they open with five of six at home! But the 2009 Tuesday Morning Quarterback Gimmick Sked of the Year winner is Penn State. Not only do the Nittany Lions play twice as many games at home as away; not only do they fearlessly face, at home, Akron, Syracuse (which enters this season on a 7-29 streak), Temple (which enters this season on a 10-25 streak) and Eastern Illinois; Penn State starts the season with four consecutive home games, the first three against Akron, Syracuse and Temple. Penn State may have the single phoniest schedule any football power has ever cooked up. This causes TMQ no small amount of consternation, as I have long rooted for Joe Paterno to best Bobby Bowden for most career coaching wins, and admired that Penn State football consistently posts better graduation rates than most big-time football schools, including Florida State. When the Seminoles became embroiled this spring in yet another cheating scandal, this seemed to cement TMQ's preference for Paterno over Bowden. But now I check the card and see the Nittany Lions playing a gimmicked cupcake sked, while Florida State has six games at home, six away, and only one dubious opponent: Jacksonville State. On the field this year, Florida State is for real while Penn State is pulling a cheap stunt. Penn State athletic department, how did you think your rigged sked -- perhaps planned to put Paterno over the top in his final campaign -- would go unnoticed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...