Offical Fantasy Football Gripes, Brags And Questions

I'm making this thread for discussion of Fantasy football moves, and also to gripe about bad beats and also brag about your team or some trade you did. I'll start things off with a gripe and a couple brags, and a question. In my main league, I drafted Tom brady with my first pick (6th overall) and we all know what happened with that. I thought my season was over ( particularly when McFadden was my 3rd pick, Dallas "Do nothing all year" clark was my 6th pick, and Mo Jones drew was MIA until yesterday). Fortunately, I've gotten extremely lucky in a couple games, combined with some savvy pick ups, and I'm now 4-2. What really kept me in the league was that I drafted Kurt Warner in the final round of the draft, two days before he was named starter. His top 5 QB performance has kept me in the league ( though it tilts me to no end to think what I could have gotten for Brady in trade had he stayed healthy) I pulled off what I think was the steal trade of the season, by trading Coles, fresh off his 3 TD game, for Braylon Edwards ( who had like 15 points the whole season prior to yesterday). IT was the text book Buy low, sell high, as Coles is a good wide out, but no where near Edwards class, who is a top 5 talent. My WR's, at the start of the season a big question mark, are starting to look awesome as I have Boldin, Edwards, Colston ( picked off of waivers), and a flex W/T spot that will be a weekly desicion between Reggie brown, Kevin Curtis or Brandon Lloyd. Now, here's my question... My running back crew is rather thin and unreliable. McFadden has been a bust so far, Mo Jones Drew had been a bust till yesterday (maybe they'll put him in the primary running role now, and stop splitting time with Fred Taylor), Earnest Graham ( who's my most consistant, if not spectacular back), Tim Hightower and Norwood ( both back ups). I have to start 2 rbs, and have one rb/Wr flex (that's two flex spots total ). Here's my question.. I have Kurt Warner, Kyle Orton ( picked off waivers) and Carson Palmer (whom I traded Trent Edwards for) as my backs. I was thinking until yesterday, that I should try and sell high on warner, who is injury prone and old. I would try and trade him for a back, either straight up, or package him with McFadden or Jones-Drew for a couple backs. I'd just role with Orton and Palmer ( whom I thought, at the time, was just underperforming). But now, I'm nervous that palmer is going to need surgery or something, and the prospect of both my fantasy team and my favorite team's hopes riding on Kyle Orton makes me shiver. So, do you guys think I should try and upgrade at running back, to target someone like Portis or Gore, or do you think I should just roll with warner and the backs I have...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm making this thread for discussion of Fantasy football moves, and also to gripe about bad beats and also brag about your team or some trade you did. I'll start things off with a gripe and a couple brags, and a question. In my main league, I drafted Tom brady with my first pick (6th overall) and we all know what happened with that. I thought my season was over ( particularly when McFadden was my 3rd pick, Dallas "Do nothing all year" clark was my 6th pick, and Mo Jones drew was MIA until yesterday). Fortunately, I've gotten extremely lucky in a couple games, combined with some savvy pick ups, and I'm now 4-2. What really kept me in the league was that I drafted Kurt Warner in the final round of the draft, two days before he was named starter. His top 5 QB performance has kept me in the league ( though it tilts me to no end to think what I could have gotten for Brady in trade had he stayed healthy) I pulled off what I think was the steal trade of the season, by trading Coles, fresh off his 3 TD game, for Braylon Edwards ( who had like 15 points the whole season prior to yesterday).
That really annoys me. I was so hoping he was going to have one more crappy game and I was going to try to trade for him this coming week, but now I know his owner isn't letting go....ONE MORE WEEK!! Nice Move
IT was the text book Buy low, sell high, as Coles is a good wide out, but no where near Edwards class, who is a top 5 talent. My WR's, at the start of the season a big question mark, are starting to look awesome as I have Boldin, Edwards, Colston ( picked off of waivers), and a flex W/T spot that will be a weekly desicion between Reggie brown, Kevin Curtis or Brandon Lloyd. Now, here's my question... My running back crew is rather thin and unreliable. McFadden has been a bust so far, Mo Jones Drew had been a bust till yesterday (maybe they'll put him in the primary running role now, and stop splitting time with Fred Taylor), Earnest Graham ( who's my most consistant, if not spectacular back), Tim Hightower and Norwood ( both back ups). I have to start 2 rbs, and have one rb/Wr flex (that's two flex spots total ). Here's my question.. I have Kurt Warner, Kyle Orton ( picked off waivers) and Carson Palmer (whom I traded Trent Edwards for) as my backs. I was thinking until yesterday, that I should try and sell high on warner, who is injury prone and old. I would try and trade him for a back, either straight up, or package him with McFadden or Jones-Drew for a couple backs. I'd just role with Orton and Palmer ( whom I thought, at the time, was just underperforming). But now, I'm nervous that palmer is going to need surgery or something, and the prospect of both my fantasy team and my favorite team's hopes riding on Kyle Orton makes me shiver. So, do you guys think I should try and upgrade at running back, to target someone like Portis or Gore, or do you think I should just roll with warner and the backs I have...
I think you should stick with Warner. I know QB is not generally a high priority position, but it really sucks when you don't have a decent one, and Orton and Palmer are very inconsistent at this point. I have Palmer in one league and I am dropping him this week. I think Jones-Drew will come back to his standard of the last couple of years and between Graham and McFadden you should be able to have a decent matchup most weeks.Glad yo made this thread, I was thinking the forum needed one like this.
That really annoys me. I was so hoping he was going to have one more crappy game and I was going to try to trade for him this coming week, but now I know his owner isn't letting go....ONE MORE WEEK!! Nice Move
yeah, I pretty much made this thread so I could brag about it. Coles is a nice WR and all, and he's in an offense that's going to throw the ball around.. but Braylon is a monster, he has like hall of fame talent. I'm glad I could play into that guy's frustration over his performance. Now, if Colston can rebound from this injury, I'm going to be set at WR.
I think you should stick with Warner. I know QB is not generally a high priority position, but it really sucks when you don't have a decent one, and Orton and Palmer are very inconsistent at this point. I have Palmer in one league and I am dropping him this week. I think Jones-Drew will come back to his standard of the last couple of years and between Graham and McFadden you should be able to have a decent matchup most weeks.Glad yo made this thread, I was thinking the forum needed one like this.
I'm leaning toward not trading him as well. On one hand, he hasn't completed a full season since like 2001, Orton has been a top 10 QB so far.... on the other hand, that offense is perfectly suited towards him, and he has two absolute stud receivers, along with a nice running back tandem. If Palmer was healthy, I'd roll the dice. I did pick up Matt Ryan off the wires ( if you're wondering, my league has an absurdly large roster.. 1 qb, 2 RB, 3 Wide, 1 W/R flex, 1 W/T flex, 1 tight end, 1 K and 1 defense and 10 bench players.), which makes this even more tempting, as I could spot start Ryan/Orton and chill till Palmer gets healthy. But the bottom line is, I think I'm just going to have to keep Warner. I don't' think I could ever really get true value for him, as there's a gap between his performance over the last 16 games, and the perception of him ( IE that he is old and finished). Which is why he Brady injury killed me. I would totally be willing to trade Brady for like Marion Barber or someone of that ilk, and just roll with Warner approximating Brady's performance. Still, I feel like I'm playing with house money, that I'm doing so well. I just beat the previously undefeated league leader, and would have a bye week if the playoff started today.

This thread was so necessary, I almost created it myself last night. Here's how my two teams stand, both in 12-team leagues. Start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 W/R, 1 K, 1 Def/ST, 6 Bench spots. Any thoughts/comments are welcome.Team 1 - Currently 4-2, sitting in 3rd place based on points (one team at 5-1)QBs - Drew Brees, Brad JohnsonWRs- L. Coles, D. Bowe, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, Steve BreastonRBs- Steve Slaton, B. Jacobs, Steven Jackson, Thomas Jones, Derrick WardTE- Owen DanielsK- Mason CrosbyDef/ST- MinnesotaTeam 2 - Currently 5-1, sitting in 1st (two other teams at 5-1, leading the 1st place tiebreaker by 45 points)QBs - Jay Cutler, Brad JohnsonWRs- Terrell Owens, Brandon Marshall, Desean Jackson, D. Bowe, Vincent JacksonRBs- Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, Marshawn Lynch, Le'Ron McClainTE- Dallas ClarkK- Kris Brown (just picked him up because Scobee is on a bye this week)Def/STs- New York Giants and New York JetsI am currently in the works of trying to upgrade DeAngelo Williams in favor of a better RB, especially considering J. Stewart gets all of the goal line touches. One of the RBs I am looking at currently is Chris Johnson, as his upcoming schedule is very juicy, not to mention he faces Houston in week 15 and Indy in week 17. Other potential backs that I should pursue? I am particularly interested in acquiring one with favorable playoff week matchups (weeks 15, 16, 17).

my $150 league (2-3-1)4th season in this league, 2 playoff appearances, 1 title.thus far this season:week 1: L by 1week 2: Tiedweek 3: L by 3week 4: won by a shitload... put up a season high thus far in pts with about 153week 5: beat the only team thats currently 5-1week 6: L by 3could easily be 6-0 if i didnt run like shitQB, (2)RB, (3)WR/TE, K, DSTQB-Warner, Favre, CasselRB- SJax, Slaton, Chris Johnson, LenDale, Ahman Green, Kevin SmithWR/TE- Fitz, Jennings, Holmes, Winslow, Dallas Clark, BranchK-PraterDST- TBas of right now i'm trying to pick up LT. i feel once he gets back from the bye week he'll be his old self.$200 team split w/ my friend 3-3 QB, (2)RB, (2)WR, RB/WR/TE, K, DSTQB- Rivers, FavreRB- Turner, Lynch, Slaton, Maroney, NorwoodWR- Owens, Marshall, Ocho Stinko, Chambers, Reg BrownTE- DanielsK- BironasDST- PHILLYi'll get to my two dynasty league teams on here tomorrow.and i got 1 team out of 4 left in a king of the hill (survival league)$100 entry, 46 out of 441 people leftwinner take all, prize pool after fees somewhere around 40k

my $150 league (2-3-1)4th season in this league, 2 playoff appearances, 1 title.thus far this season:week 1: L by 1week 2: Tiedweek 3: L by 3week 4: won by a shitload... put up a season high thus far in pts with about 153week 5: beat the only team thats currently 5-1week 6: L by 3could easily be 6-0 if i didnt run like shitQB, (2)RB, (3)WR/TE, K, DSTQB-Warner, Favre, CasselRB- SJax, Slaton, Chris Johnson, LenDale, Ahman Green, Kevin SmithWR/TE- Fitz, Jennings, Holmes, Winslow, Dallas Clark, BranchK-PraterDST- TBas of right now i'm trying to pick up LT. i feel once he gets back from the bye week he'll be his old self.$200 team split w/ my friend 3-3 QB, (2)RB, (2)WR, RB/WR/TE, K, DSTQB- Rivers, FavreRB- Turner, Lynch, Slaton, Maroney, NorwoodWR- Owens, Marshall, Ocho Stinko, Chambers, Reg BrownTE- DanielsK- BironasDST- PHILLYi'll get to my two dynasty league teams on here tomorrow.and i got 1 team out of 4 left in a king of the hill (survival league)$100 entry, 46 out of 441 people leftwinner take all, prize pool after fees somewhere around 40k
Jesus, those are monsters, how many team leagues ar ethose?

Okay I just picked up Chris Johnson in exchange for DeSean Jackson and D. Williams for Team 2. Now I have another offer for Team 2: Reggie Bush and Vincent Jackson for LT. Good deal or is Bush too valuable to trade for an LT at perhaps 75-80%? Bush has 70 more yards than LT and 4 more touchdowns currently. Should I counter propose a trade to get Devery Henderson with LT so I don't completely gut my back up WRs? As it is, I am pretty pleased with my current core of RBs being C. Johnson, Lynch, and Reggie Bush. But LT always has the potential to destroy opposing defenses, and his slow start last year followed by a blistering 2nd half of the season comes to mind.

Well I was hanging in for a playoff spot in a 14 man keeper league where I was one of 3 expansion teams. Then Romo goes down. I tried to pick up Johnson but some other douchebag with 6 QB's picked him up leaving me with McNabb. So now I have to try and trade away a top WR or my only decent RB to get a crappy low tier QB. I went from having the #1 QB tandem in the league (we play up to 2 a week) to dead last. Especially this week as no Romo and McNabb on a bye. Good bye post season. FUCK!

Okay I just picked up Chris Johnson in exchange for DeSean Jackson and D. Williams for Team 2. Now I have another offer for Team 2: Reggie Bush and Vincent Jackson for LT. Good deal or is Bush too valuable to trade for an LT at perhaps 75-80%? Bush has 70 more yards than LT and 4 more touchdowns currently. Should I counter propose a trade to get Devery Henderson with LT so I don't completely gut my back up WRs? As it is, I am pretty pleased with my current core of RBs being C. Johnson, Lynch, and Reggie Bush. But LT always has the potential to destroy opposing defenses, and his slow start last year followed by a blistering 2nd half of the season comes to mind.
If you're in a PPC league, I would no question keep Bush. I think there are serious concerns about LT, he's not the same LT that was the number 1 fantasy player for like 5 years straight. Bush is on the way up, and LT's on the way down.
If you're in a PPC league, I would no question keep Bush. I think there are serious concerns about LT, he's not the same LT that was the number 1 fantasy player for like 5 years straight. Bush is on the way up, and LT's on the way down.
Sadly I am not in a PPC league, or else I wouldn't have even brought it up.Here's the scoring settings for my league (standard Yahoo format I believe).Passing Yards (25 yards per point; 3 points at 300 yards; 4 points at 400 yards)Passing Touchdowns (4)Interceptions (-1)Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 3 points at 150 yards; 4 points at 200 yards)Rushing Touchdowns (6)Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 3 points at 150 yards; 4 points at 200 yards)Reception Touchdowns (6)Return Touchdowns (6)2-Point Conversions (2)Fumbles Lost (-2)Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-2)Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)Point After Attempt Made (1)Point After Attempt Missed (-2)Sack (1)Interception (2)Fumble Recovery (2)Touchdown (6)Safety (2)Block Kick (2)Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)Points Allowed 0 points (10)Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)Points Allowed 35+ points (-3) LT's schedule does look fairly juicy for making a second late season fantasy point run: Week 10 vs. KC (tasty), Week 11 at Pittsburgh (not good), Week 12 vs. Indy (statistically a good match up though who knows what Indy's D will be playing like by then), Week 13 vs. Atlanta (pretty good), Week 14 vs. Oakland (yum yum), Week 15 at KC (tasty x 2), Week 16 at Tampa (been playing tough against the run at home), Week 17 vs. Denver (pretty good).By comparison, Bush's schedule is: Week 10 @ Atlanta, Week 11 @ KC, Week 12 vs GB, Week 13 at TB, Week 14 vs. Atlanta, Week 15 at Chicago, Week 16 at Detroit, Week 17 vs. Carolina. There are some good match ups in there as well, but it is harder to determine how Bush is going to far, considering he catches the ball as much per game as he carries it.The one edge LT has to Bush is that he isn't splitting carries, he's one of the few remaining guys who carries essentially the entire team's rushing attack on his back. But considering his toe, that could either be a blessing (if it gets better after his bye week) or worse. Bush on the other hand, is harder to stop because he is a factor in both the rushing and passing attack of the Saints. Also, he partakes in special teams and has been excelling so far this season (3 punt return TDs and counting...).
Jesus, those are monsters, how many team leagues ar ethose?
the 150$ league is a 12 person team. (i'm also only 9 pts back in pts, and pts determine the 4th-6th spots for the playoffs) this league you keep a player from your team from last season (1st round pick [sJax]), steal a player from one team, no team can lose more than 1 player from their team (i won the superbowl last season so i had to pick from the worst roster [santonio Holmes]. 3rd round you keep a player from your team again [Fitz], and 4th round you redraft.last years roster was somethin around this..QB-Warner, HasselbeckRB- SJax, Ryan Grant, Barber III (the player that was stolen from me in the 2nd round)WR/TE- Fitz, Andre Johnson, Holt, Hackett, Chris Henry, Roydell Williams, Randle ElK- Gostkowski, then picked up Elam lateDST- MINNYthe $200 league is a 10 person league.

Here's my question - Can the season start all over and can I re-draft? This season has been fricking terrible. Dallas Clark, Willis McGahee, Larry Johnson (figured he'd be somewhat bad/inconsistent), Joey Galloway never played, Rudi Johnson (picked him up while still in Cincy), Santonio Holmes, Marc Bulger.........My team is utter failure. The worst part is that it's a keeper league :club: . At least I have Roddy White and Philip Rivers to make the future a little bit brighter. Maybe Leron McLain can become the starter in Baltimore and I have him very cheap.

Really? Is it that close? I would snap-accept I think.
Really? Is it that close? I would snap-accept I think.
LT's been injured and is underperforming, while Reggie bush has been the number 1 fantasy back so far. Maybe he'll come down, but he's a really dynamic talent. I don't think bush splitting carries effects him as much, because he's not a traditional running back. Guys like Reggie Bush and Felix Jones should have a different title other than running back. IF LT was at full strength, it would be another story, but he's not, and I think he's starting to get old.. running backs get old fast and at an early age. Maybe I'm wrong, alot of people aren't buying Reggie Bush.... but right now, I think he's a top 3 back, and I think LT isn't.
Me too, wanna start a support group?
Brutal, isn't it? On the other hand, it's made my fantasy season quite liberating, and I feel like I'm on a complete freeroll. The idea that I could make the playoffs, much less have a legit chance of winning, is all the sweeter since I'll get 2 points from my first pick the entire season.
Well I was hanging in for a playoff spot in a 14 man keeper league where I was one of 3 expansion teams. Then Romo goes down. I tried to pick up Johnson but some other douchebag with 6 QB's picked him up leaving me with McNabb. So now I have to try and trade away a top WR or my only decent RB to get a crappy low tier QB. I went from having the #1 QB tandem in the league (we play up to 2 a week) to dead last. Especially this week as no Romo and McNabb on a bye. Good bye post season. FUCK!
Well looks like I might have made a deal to give Deshean Jackson up for Derek Anderson. Not the best trade but this week I have no QB's playing and need at least one so my hand was forced.
Well looks like I might have made a deal to give Deshean Jackson up for Derek Anderson. Not the best trade but this week I have no QB's playing and need at least one so my hand was forced.
that really sucks.. it's too bad you're in such dire straights, as if your record was better, I just would have conceeded the loss, rather than trade for DA.

well apparently the guy with LT in the $150 league didn't want sjax/winslow and the post up a msg minutes later that LT is on the trading block still.... w/e looks like imma be on a 3rb rotation for the majority of the season. I still think I can win the division... 4th season so far first 3 games (divisional games) im 2-9-1 and my last 4 games in the regular season im 11-0-1. my dynasty league (3-3)QB-rivers, anderson, quinn, shaun hill, alex smithRB-SJax, LJ, chris perry, rudi johnson, norwood, jamaal charles, kolby smithWR-t.o., marshall, santana moss, hardy, jarrett, malcolm kellyTE-vernon davis, watson, billy millerK-praterkevin's dynasty that I took over (4-2)...somehow lol QB-mcnabb, hasselbeck, garcia, huardRB-jacobs, mcfadden, buckhalter, dunnWR-t.o., toomer, jenkins, camarillo, galloway, bruceTE-desmond clark, ben patrickK-gouldim really thinking of fireselling this team to rebuild it completely except jacobs and mcfadden. the rest of this team is old.king of the hill this week im trying to talk my friend into taking houston over detroit. will update/post more info when im home

that really sucks.. it's too bad you're in such dire straights, as if your record was better, I just would have conceeded the loss, rather than trade for DA.
He came back saying he would rather pass me Gus The Ferrot. Uh, no thanks. So I either concede the loss or hope Romo talks himself into the lineup on Sunday.
He came back saying he would rather pass me Gus The Ferrot. Uh, no thanks. So I either concede the loss or hope Romo talks himself into the lineup on Sunday.
Seems like that might be a distinct possibility.

2-4 in my leauge, but looking promising with my remaining matchupsmy line-up this week 7QB J.T O' Sullivan ( I drafted Carson Palmer :ts )RB1 Chris Johnson ( awesome matchup this week ,KC)RB2 Marshawn Lynch ( slightly dissapointing so far)WR1 Calvin Johnson ( nice matchup at Houston)WR2 Hines Ward ( sick numbers vs Cincy last year)WR3 Vincent Jackson ( I hope Chambers never come back :club: )TE Anthony Fasano ( I have Scheffler, hes not playing)K John CarneyDEF Chicago

Does anyone know if Colston played today? He did absolutely nothing, and the game wasn't on locally, so I don't know if he even played or just sucked... 25 people caught passes today for NO, so I'm shocked that Colston didn't, if active.

Does anyone know if Colston played today? He did absolutely nothing, and the game wasn't on locally, so I don't know if he even played or just sucked... 25 people caught passes today for NO, so I'm shocked that Colston didn't, if active.
Sounds like he played some snaps but wasn't full speed and didn't catch anything.http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/10/19/saints-...th-knee-injury/