January Goals

Polls suck - we all know what games people play, stakes, etc. Happy New Year.December results, 21k hands, made $200 profit after starting out +500 the first week, then having $1100 downswing. Saved myself the last week and a bit with an $800 upswing.Goals for Jan - 20k hands of $50plo -- Don't play many tournaments -- Clear FTP ironman year end bonus of $375 -- Just win some money, don't care about the winrate.Good luck everybody!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polls suck - we all know what games people play, stakes, etc. Happy New Year.December results, 21k hands, made $200 profit after starting out +500 the first week, then having $1100 downswing. Saved myself the last week and a bit with an $800 upswing.Goals for Jan - 20k hands of $50plo -- Don't play many tournaments -- Clear FTP ironman year end bonus of $375 -- Just win some money, don't care about the winrate.Good luck everybody!
Dec was terrible for me. lets just say went bust on a 1k BR not good.jan hope to see 2-5k hands, in all the games. have $40 BR as of jan 1st build to $250 need to work on BR managmentlearn LHE its my only anytime live game locally.thats about it for now i wanna keep it simple. gl to all on their goals.
December GoalsI like not having a specific monetary goal so I'm not going to put one.I want to play at least 20k hands.Make Platinum star.Continue to play live occasionally.Depending on how I feel and how well I'm doing, take some shots at nl200 sometime this month.I want to try and play 1k HU hands, just because it's good for my game to practice.Also if I'm awake I might play the Sunday Hundred Grand this week.I also have to decide pretty quickly what I'm doing with my job. I'm about 50/50 about whether I want to quit my job before Christmas. This would mean I would most probably be living off poker from January until the end of March.
December ResultsSo I had nowhere near as good a month as November.DecemberStats.pngDecemberGraph.pngalso +445 from a 2 hour live sessionDidn't play enough hands, a bit due to Christmas, but mostly I had 2 weeks of fulltime work and I was too tired after work to play. Didn't make platinum star, but am now platinum star due to the FCP promotion.Played live once.Took a shot at nl200 but didn't go well. Don't want to take another shot till I have a bigger cushion. Didn't play enough HU, but did play more than it says on my PT, as I played a few people HU and 3 handed at 6 max tables.I did play the Sunday 100k, but was out in the first hour with top set vs big draw and they hit.January GoalsAt least 25k handsActually get Platinum StarPlay live at least onceGet some good results, somewhere between 3k and 5k profit.

I suck at poker. I missed like all of my December goals.I will make new goals for January. I joined Cardrunners and am in the process of immersing myself in the styles of other winning players.Happy New Year!

wee,back in goals.december went well. I cashed almost 6,500 for the month. and took time off to drive from toronto to LV, and also time off to visit fam in san fran.January -I want to play lots of pokerfor 3 weeks. Make at least 1 big tourney cash, (over 5k).by Jan 20th, I'd like to have over 5k in profit cuz i'l be taking another week off to fly back to toronto.

Final tally for December aren't in, but it'll be somewhere around $4,000 profit, probably a bit less. I barely played 5,000 hands, so IMO, this is a good result.For January, I'm going to have my first 5-figure month. To ensure that this happens, I will be attempting to play a minimum of 500 hands/day, with the overall goal being between 15,000 and 20,000 hands. More if possible, but it's quite difficult to get 1k hands/day using good table selection at 5/10 HU LHE.Basically, for January, and all of 2008, I pledge to no longer be lazy, lol. Grind out the hands, and the money will come.I'm off to a good start, up around $560 in the first 5 and a half hours of the month. :)Good luck to all in January, unless you are dumb enough to sit at my table.

off to a good start up roughly 800 in the first day....I put a cashout in for 900 b/c i am nowhere near ready for 3/6 or 5/10. Gonnna leave myself plenty of BB for 2/4 limit for a while so that i can improve my game before I try to make a bunch more money. goal is to make 1k more before the end of the month at purely 2/4 limit. I should need less than 15k hands, but I want to get that at minimum.

Did not do to much In Decmber. My goals are about the same for January.IN November I started out with a BR$102 $80 on UB. and $22.50 from PS. The $22.50 started from a free roll here on FCT. Place on final table. Unable to play in the grand tourney. Grabbed some $T. (Thanks BOB) and played Some $1-$5 tourney walking away with $22.50.Was playing some $1 Tourney and .02/04--.05/.10 limit and .02 NO-limit. Don't laugh we all have to start some place. On UB I was up around $120 hit a $2.20 MTT. Now down to about $60. The big shot played some $10-$20 tourney I should not have played.On PS up around $27.00. Moved from .02/.04 up to .05/.20 lost $7.41. Bad play and tilt. landed back in .02/.04 tilted some more for about $4. Regrouped worked back to $18.37.Rethinking my game Going to stay in Limit Holdem .02/.04. Playing to many different games at first will drip away BR. Find one that you can build skill and your BR with stick with it. then move on. January Goals:Stick with limit hold'emFollow BR rules move up when they hit 400BB of next limitmove down when they hit 250BB of lower limitRead TTOP and SSHE (started them but need to complete and reread)Feb 1st make new goalBR is at $97.82UB=$68.61 PS=$29.21Will grind out hand in Limit Hold'em:continues my renewed dedication to LHE and building a bankroll. 50 hands per day minimum, 100 hands per week minimum, 5K+ hands for the month. I should be moving up to .5/.10 within the next 500 hands or so if my win rate holds, and I should be able to put in at least 2.5K hands at the new limit. If I can run at 6BB/hr, I should be poised to move up again in febuary.Ulitmate Goals:Have poker pay for a House.To do well in a big tournament.Primary goal is:Build BR to around 2505k+ hands of LHE. Keep analyzing and getting better.Bank roll up to datePS BR:$17.28 UB BR: $66.96 Total BR $84.24*Note to self stop playing tournaments till you hit $250.

Um. What?
I don't get to go on ever day. Some times I jump on for about ten hands and run. If I play poker That day 50 hands minimum. 100 hands Minimum for week. I know i can meet the minimum goals, but want to hit the max of 5K for the month

18k hands. May be hard because I am probably getting a job this week, but I have been motivated to play lately.Move up to 2/4.Learn to play against shortys better.Play some more 6-max and some hu.Go back to being good at LHE.

1/ 20k hands minimum. Preferably 30k.2/ If I'm playing bad or tilting, leave the tables regardless of how good the games are.Nothing specific monetarywise, but I want to be:3/ Very comfortably rolled for $100pl by the middle of the month.4/ Well on the way to $200pl by the end of the month.It's ambitious, but I want to have a real drive for success.

Final tally for December aren't in, but it'll be somewhere around $4,000 profit, probably a bit less. I barely played 5,000 hands, so IMO, this is a good result.For January, I'm going to have my first 5-figure month. To ensure that this happens, I will be attempting to play a minimum of 500 hands/day, with the overall goal being between 15,000 and 20,000 hands. More if possible, but it's quite difficult to get 1k hands/day using good table selection at 5/10 HU LHE.Basically, for January, and all of 2008, I pledge to no longer be lazy, lol. Grind out the hands, and the money will come.I'm off to a good start, up around $560 in the first 5 and a half hours of the month. :)Good luck to all in January, unless you are dumb enough to sit at my table.
My goal is to make at least $1 more than Zach from poker. I know it's petty.
My goal is to make at least $1 more than Zach from poker. I know it's petty.
You'd better get to work then, young man.I've got a $658.06 head start, and I'm gonna be grinding hard this year!

I've been avoiding these goal threads because I travel way too much to put in the hours needed to hit any realistic goals. But since I'll only be on the road 15 days this month here goes.5000 hands NLH-PLH+ve $s Try to have the pacience to play a couple of tournaments properlyStop playing Dominos with the MexicansTake a lot of walks in the woods

1. 15k hands of 25 and 50NL2. 50+ SNG's3. $600 profit4. Reach VIP on AP
1. Absolutely not. I played under 3k.2. Check! I ended up playing just over 300.3. Check! +~1100 after rough rakeback calculations.4. Nope. I guess you don't earn VIP points as fast playing SNGs.------------------------------------For January I want to:1. 600 SNGs while keeping a minimum 75 buy-in rule. I am also hoping to have a 20%+ ROI.2. 1k in total profit. Hopefully closer to 1.5k.3. This month I should finally reach VIP. 4. Stay motivated. I make more money per hour playing poker than my job. So why the **** is it so hard for me to put in the hours at the poker table?5. Get to the gym at least 4 times a week. I've been sort of sick for a while lately and have been using that as an excuse, but starting tomorrow I want to go to the gym almost every day after work.

January Goals:1. BR: $680. Hit $750 to play 25NL within a few days. 2. Hit $1500 by the end of the month.2. Reach Silverstar (I was 8/15 way there last month, but I had stock $ that let me play higher limits, and that's been reinvested now).3. Workout a few times a week, Eat healthy.

VIP on AP is like 5,000 points... I did 820.80 today, in less than 300 hands of 5/10 HU LHE.The real money comes when you reach Elite (40k VIP points).
How much PLO traffic is there on Absolute in general?
How much PLO traffic is there on Absolute in general?
lol, I just checked right now... Absolutely nothing going bigger than 1/2, and even that only had 6-max tables playing two-handed.Full breakdown, at 12:05 PM EST, (players/total seats, so 2/6 means 2 people sitting at a 6-max table):1/2 PL- 2/6- 2/6.5/1 PL- nothing.25/.5 PL-6/6-2/2-1/2.10/.25 PL-5/6-5/6.5/.10 PL-5/9-6/6-5/6-4/6==========Obviously, noon on New Years Day is not exactly the best time to check the traffic. When I was prepping for that PLO WCOOP event I played a bit of $.25/.50, I think I had no problems finding tables. I think you should probably be fine up to .5/1 PL.Also, they have a 200 BB max buyin, as well, if you like to play deeper.If I remember, I'll take a look at peak times and let you know what the traffic is like.
Nah, remember when you looked for me on that Saturday night? There's next to no traffic on AP for PLO.
Yeah, vaguely.I swear there was action at one point though, cuz I had no problem finding tables when I wanted to play it.

December Results1) Play 7.5k hands at $50 NLFell short by about 2.5k. 2) +$750 (~10PTBB/100 hands)Over the targetted winrate, didn't play enough hands to reach the profit goal.January Goals1) Play 10k hands.2) Move from 4-tabling to 6-tabling.3) Move up to 100NL by end of month.

Ok a bit more sober today so lets get some actual goals:1. 15k hands 2. 2/4 shlhe only3. reread stoxs book4. 5 videos of shlhe on stoxhopefully my cashout works and I can get $900 off of ftp.

Absolute:.........$966....(-284) ....(Dished out some transfers to friends AND played horrible!!! :club: )Bodog:............$951....(+181)Stars:.............$420.....(+29)FullTilt:............$33........RAKEBACK from Bodog....... Burnt through all my $26 Tokens with no results. :D Never ran soooo bad at AP, it was quite a shock. Bodog $25 tables (NLHE and PLO8) have never seemed softer. When the roll hits $1K I may start incorporating 1 $50 PLO8 table to see how things are. Which of course means I'm due for a huge downswing. :D