team fcp answers and explanations

Guest Team FCP

Guest Team FCP

This Team FCP username is going to be used by a few people who can get you answers to questions and address your feedback in a relatively timely manner. Our goal has always been for members of the FCP Community to have a voice that is heard loud and clear. We thank you for all the constructive feedback (both positive and negative).Naturally with any new website like this there are going to be some issues that surface immediately. Some of the current issues warrant change, or at least an explanation, and this Announcement thread will serve as a place for us to address many of your requests for change. Having said this, it should also be understood by everyone that some of the complaints or requested changes made by our community members will make sense and warrant change while others will be considered but no action will be taken. In other words, YOU (together the FCP Community) have a strong voice that will always be heard and you have the unique opportunity to help shape what your poker website is and does…but please understand that if we do not follow through on some of your complaints, there is a sound reason for not doing so.Sign up Bonus: We hear you, have done a little more homework and we have changed the bonus clearing ratio for everyone (including charter members). The new ratio is 2:1, for every $2 of rake you contribute at the poker tables; you get $1 in bonus money. At the same time, Team FCP is contemplating the possibility of changing the clearance criteria from dollars of rake to number of raked hands…no promises at this point, but it’s being considered.The Dreaded 0 (zero) at the end of Usernames: A plan is in place to remedy this complaint as well. It’s possible that players entering a Username that is already taken within the network will be declined that choice, so they can ultimately find one that they like and that is available. For those of you who have a Username with a 0 at the end, you will be able to go back and change your name if you would like.Forum is Too Slow Now: We know. New hardware was already purchased and should arrive in a couple days. With this new hardware, the site loads and forum loads should speed up significantly.Verifying Your Personal Information During Money Deposits: When depositing real money:If you use Neteller, you should not have to go through the personal verification process which requires faxing information about yourself. Plus, you get a 10% bonus every time you deposit with Neteller.If you use any of the other real money deposit options, there is a good chance you will be asked to verify your personal information. We know this can be a little bit of a hassle for you, but too many new poker sites get targeted by fraud rings that can swindle the site for many thousands of dollars if it does not have this verification process in place.Don’t Like the Way the Poker Room Looks: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, but coming to the FCP poker tables around the first of the year are some pretty cool avatars specifically designed for Full Contact Poker. You can get a sneak peak at these FCP avatars by clicking on the Coming Soon section of the website (located at the bottom of the left navigation bar).More to come…hopefully this all helps for the time being.We can’t stress enough how much Daniel wants these new features to be something great for the whole FCP Community. And to take Full Contact Poker to the next level, he had to sell (not sell out) certain FCP assets to make this happen, and though Daniel is now purely an endorser and consultant to FullContactPoker.com, he still has HIS strong voice within the broader FCP Community. This is, literally, only the beginning as we are 24 hours into the re-launch…things will only continue to get better and better.Thanks for your patience and support.-------------------12-8-05: Some questions and observations are coming in via this announcement from yesterday...feel free to keep them coimg. I hope to have some answers later tonight.12-8-05: OK here are some replies to many of the recent inquiries.First of all, some of you are confused about the FCP poker room and how it compares with Poker Room. There is a lot that could be said here, but in a nutshell it is important to know both are playing on the Poker Network or Ongame Network along with Hollywood Poker and some other sites. Both take advantage of the critical mass available by being on this growing network and both use software built by Ongame. So, there will be several technical/software similarities (along with some shared tournaments), but when it comes to many of the operational policies and marketing initiatives, the two entities are on their own. Moving on. There was a slight tech glitch in the backend with respect to calculating FCP Points, but it has been fixed and your points should be up to date soon, if not already. Remember, it could take up to 24 hours for them to adjust depending on what time you are playing.Cashouts/Withdrawals: After further review by the field judge, the FCP policy has changed (the change is new, so please give the FCP support team some slack as they are being retrained if you will). You no longer have to rollover 1x your deposit amount, and you no longer have to pay any fees for additional weekly withdrawals.BONUS Clearing: You do NOT have to wait to clear your entire bonus to receive your bonus dollars. At FCP, you clear your available bonus as you play. So, if you play for a while, then you should see some bonus money automatically transfer into your poker account within 24 hours (and that money can be added to the rest of your real money). Your rake contribution/calculation is based on what percent of the total pot you contribute times the total rake collected.The 0 on end of Usernames: This should be fixed by Monday. A new field will be added in your account information called Screen Name, and you create a new name as long as it is not already taken by anyone on the entire poker network.Charter Members will see the word charter member in brackets in the My Account section when you are signed in. If you thought you were a Charter Member and did not receive the e-mails or do not see this stated in your my Account contact the FCP support team.Somebody was asking about Poker Tracer…still looking into.The Search for Player link is not functioning: This is true. The FCP tech team is working to add this functionality.That’s it for now, we’ll keep adding to this post as needed.12-10-05: Thank you to everyone who brought it to our attention that the 2:1 bonus clearing ratio might have been clearing closer to a rate of 3:1 the past 2 days. The FCP programmers took a look at the system, and indeed, some of you were clearing at a pace slightly slower than you should have. The system was corrected this evening, and all of you should be getting $1 of bonus or "free money" for every $2 of rake you contribute. Is there a time period with deadline for clearing the sign up bonus? The answer is NO.Lost in the initial bonus confusion and debates is the solid "bonus" value in the FCP Points. Granted this value won't be fully appreciated until the FCP Store is open and allows players to redeem FCP Points for merchandise, tax and shipping. But soon enough, you'll be doing a little shopping with the points you are racking up (for merchandise redemtion, you're getting 10 cents back on each 1$ of rake).12-12-05: RE: Credit Card Deposits and the Verification ProcessThe Issue: Players are depositing with CC and FCP is accepting, but the player cannot use funds for poker until sending FCP the CC verifying information requested.The FCP customer service and ops teams are working on a solution at this very moment...and would like to have a fix in place today or tomorrow. At minimum, the "fix" will be to better communicate that this verification process is necessary for CC deposits BEFORE making the CC depsoit. Language needs to be added to the CC deposit pages, so you know in advance.Not sure what the better than minimum fix might be at this point. We'll let you know.12-12-05: UPDATESome early results of this credit card processing/depositing issue.Now on the Cashier page, at the bottom of the page that shows the different deposit options, is new language that explains to players the current verification process for deposits other than Neteller and over $99.For those of you in the situation where FCP has accepted your money from a credit card but is waiting for you to verify (prior to the addition of this explanation language on the website) your deposits should be automatically verified sometime within the next 24-36 hours (some unique exceptions may apply and this temporary policy change may stay in place over time or may change again altogether but in a more favorable way than what has been done until now). Keep in mind, however, that if/when you attempt to withdrawal these funds, you will be asked to submit the 4 pieces of information to verify your correct information at that time. Withdrawal verification after CC deposits is more of the industry standard because without this measure in place, poker rooms would get buried by fraud (especially those operating on a poker network). Remember that online poker rooms that are stand alone (non networked) have your money if you lose, so if your CC credits your money back and charges the poker room, it's a relative wash. However, on a network, if poker room A loses money to poker room B, then poker room A cannot afford to also lose money back to the CC company if a player fraudulently complains that the CC charge is bogus.For those of you with deposits from methods other than CC, pending verification, you will have the option for a refund if you choose.With respect to the 4 pieces of information required to verify prior to a successful withdrawal, these are what the CC companies tell poker rooms they must have on file.As you all can see, FCP is making progress day by day to fix things that need to be fixed. Please don't lose sight of the fact that the poker room component of FCP is stll less than a week old, and odds are that most poker rooms that you are referencing for being "hassle-free" were not running that smoothly the first week or even first month they were open for business.12-12-05: Firepay concernsThe FCP payment processing team is looking into ways to improve your experience with using Firepay at the FCP site based on some relevant comments throughout the threads. (pending)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up, and thank you for addressing our concerns and doing so quite fast.I think things are definitely on the up slope here and I am excited about all the new changes.

Good post.When the avatars do come, will we have the option to get rid of them and keep the empty seats? Because, personally, I prefer the empty seats to the avatars.Thanks for all of your hard work.

Great that you guys are taking action on some of the concerns expressed in the forum today. It's nice to have a voice and people that listen. I'm sure we wouldn't be getting this service at any of the other established sites. Kudos to the FCP Team for making this a player friendly site, especially dedicated to your previous forum members.

Quick question...I've never deposited through neteller, I always found it easier just to use my credit card. Does FCP cover the Neteller fee AND give you the 10% deposit bonus?

Quick question...I've never deposited through neteller, I always found it easier just to use my credit card. Does FCP cover the Neteller fee AND give you the 10% deposit bonus?
Hi, read your sig. If you're making an extra 1000-2000 a month, be a man and drop the $8 in Neteller fees.
Hi, read your sig. If you're making an extra 1000-2000 a month, be a man and drop the $8 in Neteller fees.
I'm not...yet...

Thank you. Good to see you guys are listening/watching.The key is also to keep it up and not just at launch. Many people here have played at many sites, and have many suggestions.One thing I think that would be better is smaller tournament buy-ins similar to Stars. It's good to have a mix, and will also have more people to sign up.

I'm not...yet...
Well, then pretend to be a man, and drop whatever the small initial fee is. The 10% bonus for using it more than covers it. You're also getting a 100% deposit bonus, which is 50% more than you'd regularly get. On second though, maybe you're right.Hey Daniel, thanks for everything, but if you want us to put money on your site, can you please send each of us a check for$8.95 to cover our expenses. Thanks,JeffreyOh, and {sw} on the "Hey Daniel" part for those of you who wouldn't have otherwise figured it out. Yeah, you, the ones going "aaaahhhhh" right now.
I'm not...yet...
Well, then pretend to be a man, and drop whatever the small initial fee is. The 10% bonus for using it more than covers it. You're also getting a 100% deposit bonus, which is 50% more than you'd regularly get. On second though, maybe you're right.Hey Daniel, thanks for everything, but if you want us to put money on your site, can you please send each of us a check for$8.95 to cover our expenses. Thanks,JeffreyOh, and {sw} on the "Hey Daniel" part for those of you who wouldn't have otherwise figured it out. Yeah, you, the ones going "aaaahhhhh" right now.
Whoa man, chill. It was a simple question. I wasn't complaining about it or anything, was just curious.
Guest Team FCP

So, if I make my real money deposit now and you change to a raked hand requirement, will that change my requirements or will it remain the same and only change on future deposits------I don't think it would have anything to do with your deposits. The calculation would change and apply to whatever bonus money was pending after the change.

Guest Team FCP
my "free money" is still in the 'cashier' account, and i can't move it to the 'poker' account...am i still clearing it while i'm playing poker right now?
we're making a log of questions...I'll have to answer this one later.
Good post.When the avatars do come, will we have the option to get rid of them and keep the empty seats? Because, personally, I prefer the empty seats to the avatars.Thanks for all of your hard work.
I agree, I love it when I'm at a table and then shazam I see like 8 empty seats and I'm in the money. Seriously though, I agree I like looking at the cards and not some cartoon caracter or detracting "thing" unless it's a real person. Love the new site.
We also want to address a couple of player complaint issues that are valid and that warrant changes. One is that player usernames are showing up with a 0 (zero) at the end of the name, if that username is already taken in the network. Some players don't like the way that looks, so a remedy is in the works to solve this issue. The other issue is that the first deposit sign up bonus clearing ratio is too high. It started out at 5:1 ($5 of rake you contributed gets you $1 of bonus money) for standard players and 3:1 for Charter Members. We are contemplating the possibility of changing the criteria/formula from dollars raked to hands played, but in the meantime EVERYONE gets a new ratio of 2:1 which is more competitive with other online poker rooms.
Here's an idea...........Charter Members clear bonus via hands played and everyone else gets 2:1.
We also want to address a couple of player complaint issues that are valid and that warrant changes. One is that player usernames are showing up with a 0 (zero) at the end of the name, if that username is already taken in the network. Some players don't like the way that looks, so a remedy is in the works to solve this issue. The other issue is that the first deposit sign up bonus clearing ratio is too high. It started out at 5:1 ($5 of rake you contributed gets you $1 of bonus money) for standard players and 3:1 for Charter Members. We are contemplating the possibility of changing the criteria/formula from dollars raked to hands played, but in the meantime EVERYONE gets a new ratio of 2:1 which is more competitive with other online poker rooms.
Here's an idea...........Charter Members clear bonus via hands played and everyone else gets 2:1.
2nd 2nd 2nd 2nd 2nd 2nd!!
i'd say 3rd, but i'm better than you, so i 2nd, and you can 3rd.:club:
I like this idea as well. Going to put a little cash on the site here in a day or two. (waiting for a cashout request sucks)

Once again Daniel and his Biz Team have stepped up to the plate to show there concern for the initial problems with the poker site. You guys are doing a great job and everyone should just relax and refrain from the rude comments, be patient with the site and start having have some constructive criticism. Daniel has always gone out of his way to please his Fans on the forum and we should trust he will continue to so.God Bless

Announcements