#21 Yahkin

Yahkin

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Whatever I'm winning at

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:24 AM

View PostSlackerInc, on Thursday, January 25th, 2007, 12:35 AM, said:

It's funny, I have quite a different take on the show. I don't detect nearly as much in the way of cuts as compared to most poker coverage--and you can tell because the commentator doesn't say much, and the conversations run along continuously most of the time. Plus my perception was that they show a lot of "mundane" hands, and not at all just the big knockout hands! Also, I was actually surprised (in a positive way) by Moneymaker's play for the most part. That last call was questionable, sure; but he knew Chan was moving with all kinds of hands (didn't he have K-5 or something?) and even if Chan did have a big hand 8-7 isn't likely to be dominated. Moneymaker was actually quite tight through most of the tournament; even though it was a shorthanded table he often folded hands like A-9 to a raise in front of him, and folded weak aces even in unraised pots.Also, it turns out the players have to buy in for $20k each, at least according to the announcer. But they let them advertise their sites, which I'm sure more than makes up for this.
I brought it up again last night and realized what I recorded was called the Director's cut. This maybe the difference. They pretty much revealed the outcome of each hand before they showed it as well. I'll have to watch the rest of what i have recorded.
Offending people since 1973.

#22 Yahkin

Yahkin

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Whatever I'm winning at

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:10 AM

View PostYahkin, on Thursday, January 25th, 2007, 12:24 PM, said:

I brought it up again last night and realized what I recorded was called the Director's cut. This maybe the difference. They pretty much revealed the outcome of each hand before they showed it as well. I'll have to watch the rest of what i have recorded.
Yep, that was the case. The director's cut is the fast forward of the whole week. Watched the weekday episodes and was impressed with the show.It's also nice to see someone like Farha make a donk call with A9o. :club:
Offending people since 1973.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users