60 replies to this topic

#41 Dhall901

Dhall901

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE MTT PLO8

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Dhall901 @ Saturday, July 18th, 2009, 12:59 AM) Gnshustler's the only one who doesn't have his head up his ass. Perhaps the real problem is the fact that these "sliders" don't know how to properly play AK from any position. So naturally the best alternative is to shove and play bingo. I don't necessarily disagree with this strategy. A weaker player wants to make large raises preflop to avoid getting outplayed on the flop. Others play smallball.For what it's worth I 3bet the first and flat the second.hahaha Daniel on Strategy ---> Home Run Hitters Vs. Small Ball Players ---> Paragragh 7.
A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step. -Confucius

#42 Tehtoe

Tehtoe

I like to hide in plain sight.

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:MTTs

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

View PostDhall901, on Saturday, July 18th, 2009, 2:28 PM, said:

QUOTE (Dhall901 @ Saturday, July 18th, 2009, 12:59 AM) Gnshustler's the only one who doesn't have his head up his ass. Perhaps the real problem is the fact that these "sliders" don't know how to properly play AK from any position. So naturally the best alternative is to shove and play bingo. I don't necessarily disagree with this strategy. A weaker player wants to make large raises preflop to avoid getting outplayed on the flop. Others play smallball.For what it's worth I 3bet the first and flat the second.hahaha Daniel on Strategy ---> Home Run Hitters Vs. Small Ball Players ---> Paragragh 7.
lol @ insinuating i'm a weaker player b/c I know how to push edges.ty for the reference though, very useful reading

#43 tbrick412

tbrick412

cellar dweller

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Poker, video games, attending college, drinking.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold 'Em SNG's/MTT's

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

edit
tbrick412(cedar falls) on stars/ftp
tbrick286 on AIM

#44 BeaverStyle

BeaverStyle

Come get some.

• Members
  • 7,023 posts
  • Interests:uh..... poker?
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Texas Hold-em

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:54 AM

View Posttbrick412, on Saturday, July 18th, 2009, 6:39 PM, said:

edit
lame...hit me with some knowledge!
I may not be a meteorologist, but it sure looks like it's rainin' bitches!

#45 Fade2241

Fade2241

license to dream! lol

• Members
  • 1,427 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Cash & MTT's

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

View PostDhall901, on Friday, July 17th, 2009, 10:59 PM, said:

Gnshustler's the only one who doesn't have his head up his ass. Perhaps the real problem is the fact that these "sliders" don't know how to properly play AK from any position. So naturally the best alternative is to shove and play bingo. I don't necessarily disagree with this strategy. A weaker player wants to make large raises preflop to avoid getting outplayed on the flop. Others play smallball.For what it's worth I 3bet the first and flat the second.
Okay, since you're such a good player I want to see some of your results that back this up, preferably online.I am cool with you coming in here and offering your opinion but when you start calling names, etc then that's just not cool. I need some sort of your results to back this type of thinking up please because I pretty much disagree with you in every other thread in tourney strat too.

#46 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

FCP Resident Donk

• Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:21 AM

lol. dickwaving contest come around
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#47 Fade2241

Fade2241

license to dream! lol

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

View PostTrueAce13, on Monday, July 20th, 2009, 9:21 AM, said:

lol. dickwaving contest come around
No no, not on my end at least. I just want to see what he has to back up all this talk. It's pretty frustrating reading all his posts bashing me and other successful player's ideals without knowing what kind of player he is. I am simply questioning the validity of his info. & quoting DN's book does nothing for me - DN is talking about way deep stack $10-25k buy-in tourneys, not $4.40 180's with not nearly as deep of a structure.

#48 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

FCP Resident Donk

• Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

haha...nah I agree with you FadeCan we say that it could be related that the more skilled players do not post in the strat forum anymore because a lot of them just get bashed with this, "ooooo small ball" and we are referring to 4.40s and tournys with not nearly as good of structure. But anyways....I would much rather "spew" here than not exploit my edge.
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#49 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

Tangled up in blue.

• Members
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:08 AM

Playing postflop is overrated in online MTTs.

#50 Fade2241

Fade2241

license to dream! lol

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

I can't wait for the disagreeing responses! :club:

#51 Fade2241

Fade2241

license to dream! lol

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

View PostTrueAce13, on Monday, July 20th, 2009, 10:00 AM, said:

haha...nah I agree with you FadeCan we say that it could be related that the more skilled players do not post in the strat forum anymore because a lot of them just get bashed with this, "ooooo small ball" and we are referring to 4.40s and tournys with not nearly as good of structure. But anyways....I would much rather "spew" here than not exploit my edge.
I can't speak for them but I am def getting frustrated with it and I'd like to think I'm an asset here.

#52 Dhall901

Dhall901

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

View PostTehtoe, on Saturday, July 18th, 2009, 3:55 PM, said:

lol @ insinuating i'm a weaker player b/c I know how to push edges.ty for the reference though, very useful reading
I feel like this is a bad text message. I wasn't insinuating anything. I was simply backing up my point by referencing the fact that Daniel made the same point.

#53 Dhall901

Dhall901

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

View PostFade2241, on Monday, July 20th, 2009, 12:11 PM, said:

Okay, since you're such a good player I want to see some of your results that back this up, preferably online.I am cool with you coming in here and offering your opinion but when you start calling names, etc then that's just not cool. I need some sort of your results to back this type of thinking up please because I pretty much disagree with you in every other thread in tourney strat too.
You have your point of view, I have mine. I don't come in here to disrespect anyone. We obviously have a very different approach to the game. I don't play online. I'm a moderately successful live player. Take that as you will because I do not have any proof short of my bank statement. We just need to agree to disagree. I respect your style of play, I just play differently. We should use this forum as a means to learn. As mentioned I'm not in here to swing my **** around.

#54 Fade2241

Fade2241

license to dream! lol

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

View PostDhall901, on Monday, July 20th, 2009, 12:20 PM, said:

You have your point of view, I have mine. I don't come in here to disrespect anyone. We obviously have a very different approach to the game. I don't play online. I'm a moderately successful live player. Take that as you will because I do not have any proof short of my bank statement. We just need to agree to disagree. I respect your style of play, I just play differently. We should use this forum as a means to learn. As mentioned I'm not in here to swing my **** around.
Agreed but I still wish I had the means to db your real name to see if you've made any tourney cashes live. I just wish I knew where all of your logic was coming from, that's all - It's tilting me like a mofo!

#55 SwolyswoND

SwolyswoND

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold Em, Razz

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

Obv not Dhall, but if it makes you feel any better since you and I disagree just as often Fade, you can OPR me. Unfortunately a good deal of my results are down because of the new problem between Full Tilt and OPR, but there should still be enough data in there to assure you that I'm not FOS.
QUOTE (Ninja Ace @ Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 2:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flops are kind of like vagina's. The wetter they are, the harder you hit them.

#56 Fade2241

Fade2241

license to dream! lol

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:53 AM

View PostSwolyswoND, on Monday, July 20th, 2009, 9:32 PM, said:

Obv not Dhall, but if it makes you feel any better since you and I disagree just as often Fade, you can OPR me. Unfortunately a good deal of my results are down because of the new problem between Full Tilt and OPR, but there should still be enough data in there to assure you that I'm not FOS.
I checked and they're decent but I just don't understand how someone with decent tourney knowledge could advocate being so weak tight all the time. I look for weak tight people to run over at the table. Care to explain?

#57 SwolyswoND

SwolyswoND

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold Em, Razz

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:05 AM

View PostFade2241, on Tuesday, July 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM, said:

I checked and they're decent but I just don't understand how someone with decent tourney knowledge could advocate being so weak tight all the time. I look for weak tight people to run over at the table. Care to explain?
Sweet, 96% rating is "decent" haha....Who's being weak tight? I'm a TAG. I'm still aggressive as hell, but when the situation warrants it. I don't open marginal hands just to punish limpers etc. I fast play almost every actual hand I have on the flop, whether it's a flopped flush, straight, combo draw, two pair etc. I push FD and OESD the same way, that way opponents cannot tell if I'm raising with a made hand, a draw, or both. I don't gamble PF if I can avoid it - I certainly don't seek out coinflips in the first few levels. I understand we approach the game differently and that's fine. I understand your perspective, and am honestly looking to expand my repertoire a LITTLE bit to have a little bit of LAG in me. I don't think I'll hit your level of it, but that's fine. Players play differently and there's nothing wrong with that, and I do respect your opinion and advice. Sometimes I agree with you and you articulate it very well. But there are certainly times I disagree with your advice too.
QUOTE (Ninja Ace @ Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 2:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flops are kind of like vagina's. The wetter they are, the harder you hit them.

#58 Fade2241

Fade2241

license to dream! lol

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:36 AM

View PostSwolyswoND, on Wednesday, July 22nd, 2009, 7:05 AM, said:

Sweet, 96% rating is "decent" haha....Who's being weak tight? I'm a TAG. I'm still aggressive as hell, but when the situation warrants it. I don't open marginal hands just to punish limpers etc. I fast play almost every actual hand I have on the flop, whether it's a flopped flush, straight, combo draw, two pair etc. I push FD and OESD the same way, that way opponents cannot tell if I'm raising with a made hand, a draw, or both. I don't gamble PF if I can avoid it - I certainly don't seek out coinflips in the first few levels. I understand we approach the game differently and that's fine. I understand your perspective, and am honestly looking to expand my repertoire a LITTLE bit to have a little bit of LAG in me. I don't think I'll hit your level of it, but that's fine. Players play differently and there's nothing wrong with that, and I do respect your opinion and advice. Sometimes I agree with you and you articulate it very well. But there are certainly times I disagree with your advice too.
:club: I say decent because I am in the same boat.I def respect you a whole lot more now but Dhall is still weak tight imo.I still disagree with your bolded point here, tho. I don't go seaking coinflips - the whole reason to shove AK here is to be called by hands you're dominating. At worst you're going to be a flip, you'll hardly ever run into AA or KK. I've played thousands of these tourneys - It's +EV to shove AK here in these spots in $4 180's. Trust me, I'm sure of it man. I wouldn't be so adamant about it if I wasn't.

#59 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

Tangled up in blue.

• Members
  • 8,103 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

Rating: 99.70% (2009)Rank: 3,379 of 1,135,732

#60 Tehtoe

Tehtoe

I like to hide in plain sight.

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:MTTs

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

120 days Rating: 99.93% Rank: 646 of 868,797Year 2009 Rating: 99.89% Rank: 1,276 of 1,135,732Year 2009 Rating: 98.82% Rank: 5,885 of 498,870

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users