Heads Up League Questions And Suggestion

On the HU League site the amount donated by FCP was not official, Do we have an official word as of yet?My suggestion for next season is that we include a "Best Overall Record" for each conference.Also how about a freeroll for the top 10 in the Office Pool?

Just a suggestion. I think these home field one game lead advantages are a little much. One game is a lot in Heads up. A possible alternative (And I don't even know if it's software possible) would be to have the home team start with 2000 chips and the away team with 1500. The team with home field advantage would be home team in games 1, 2 and 5 (If necessary) and the away team would have 2000 chips in games 3 and 4. Just throwin' it out there for next season.

i'M THE HOME TEAM IN THE FIRST ROUND THIS YEAR, SO i'M NOT COMPLAINING, BUT IT WOULD BE A BAD SITUATION IF i SNUCK MY WAY INTO THE PLAYOFFS ONLY TO FIND OUT i/M ALREADY DOWN 1-0 VS. nEGREANU. oH YEAH, FORGOT MY CAPS LOCK WAS ON AND DON'T FEEL LIKE RETYPING, SORRY.

Anyone care to set a line on ALL the home teams winning their series with a 1-0 head start? I'd have to say it was 3-1 or better on a home team sweep of all series...

Anyone care to set a line on ALL the home teams winning their series with a 1-0 head start? I'd have to say it was 3-1 or better on a home team sweep of all series...
here's hoping.
no faith in your teammates gruven??

The one game advantage is ridiculous!!I was obviously away when that decision was made cuz i woulda have voiced an opinion on it.Being a top seed incentive is the fact that you play weaker teams to start the playoffs, Not head startsthats honestly retarded... Frank: "Hey Jim, why dont you race my kid brother Mikey, he's got downsyndrome"Jim: "well ok man, but i get a headstart"

ill bet you $1000 on 3-1 that there isnt a home team sweep in all series...
ill bet you $1000 on 3-1 that there isnt a home team sweep in all series...
I'll guarantee that if we make the playoffs after our 1 game tie breaker, that we will in fact win our 1st playoff series. even down 1 game.

Hey...we all knew about the 1-game advantage from Day 1 when this was just an idea.That's why I emphasized the importance of regular season every single week to my team.It's not surprising that the complaints are coming from the wild cards.

Hey...we all knew about the 1-game advantage from Day 1 when this was just an idea.That's why I emphasized the importance of regular season every single week to my team.It's not surprising that the complaints are coming from the wild cards.
complaints??I'm not complaining, I just think its retarded, i never knew this was an idea. I payed the 500., picked a team, followed the 1st initial layout, and i was swamped on top of that.Honestly, you think i would let something like that go without voicing my opinion? comon u know me better than that.
complaints??I'm not complaining, I just think its retarded, i never knew this was an idea. I payed the 500., picked a team, followed the 1st initial layout, and i was swamped on top of that.Honestly, you think i would let something like that go without voicing my opinion? comon u know me better than that.
Royal Tour's outspoken? No way...I've been meaning to say that you need to voice your opinion more. You're wayyy too quiet!! (sw)
if you've been busy the whole year, fine, but i'm pretty sure it's been on the website since day one.

It has been on the website from Day One. Again, I'm not complaining because it actually helps me, I'm just pointing out the fact that this is a HUGE advantage. It does make the regular season that much more important, but so does a larger chip stack.

if you've been busy the whole year, fine, but i'm pretty sure it's been on the website since day one.
i dont know, Last thing i remember was talk about normal structure or slow structure for blinds.after that, i was out of the loop, if anyone remembers Fleung even started a thread saying Royal_Tour doesnt spend enough time in the HU league and he is a captain, blah blah, and he cried a little, but its ok now, cuz we made upedit:. its cool., like i said, not complaining, cuz technically, i'm not even in the playoffs yet, just think its RKIGS
its been there since day 1. i remember.
It has definately been there since day 1, and in no way am I whining or suggesting the rules should be changed for this year. But, given the parity in the league and the fact that there were at least a half dozen 10-5 teams and no 1-14 teams, it would be fair to suggest that a 1-0 lead in a best of three series is a HUGE advantage. 1-0 in best of 5? closer. Chip advantage? possibly even fairer.... You really want the games to be decided on skill, and when a team only needs 1 win to pull out a series, you definately bring a LOT more luck into the equation...
It has definately been there since day 1, and in no way am I whining or suggesting the rules should be changed for this year. But, given the parity in the league and the fact that there were at least a half dozen 10-5 teams and no 1-14 teams, it would be fair to suggest that a 1-0 lead in a best of three series is a HUGE advantage. 1-0 in best of 5? closer. Chip advantage? possibly even fairer.... You really want the games to be decided on skill, and when a team only needs 1 win to pull out a series, you definately bring a LOT more luck into the equation...
I agree that this is something we should look into for next year - while I don't think a 1-game advantage is unreasonable in a best of 7 series, it really is very strong in a best of 5 series. On the other hand, I think the teams that did the best in the regular season should be rewarded, and the seeding system doesn't really guarantee that - look at the KitH/LL, one of them was going to be seeded low despite both being great teams. I wouldn't mind a 2000-1500 chip advantage in all games next year for the home team.
well the higher seed needs 2 wins, and the lower seed needs 3. and royal, i think that was the most asinine, nonsensical use of RKIGS ive seen to date. well done.
rkigs fit perfectly. it was job well done, so i take this as a compliment.
Just a suggestion. I think these home field one game lead advantages are a little much. One game is a lot in Heads up. A possible alternative (And I don't even know if it's software possible) would be to have the home team start with 2000 chips and the away team with 1500. The team with home field advantage would be home team in games 1, 2 and 5 (If necessary) and the away team would have 2000 chips in games 3 and 4. Just throwin' it out there for next season.
This sounds more fair, but I doubt it's possible. 1-0 I think is too big of an advantage, unless the series became 7 game series.
Frank: "Hey Jim, why dont you race my kid brother Mikey, he's got downsyndrome"Jim: "well ok man, but i get a headstart"
Well done.
I think I love you.

next year, especially if there are more games in the season, it'd probly be better to have all series at 7 games like in the NBA. I don't think the software here can start people with different amount of chips, but 1-0 in best of 7 is a reasonable advantage for a higher seeded team.And in the wildcard round, I believe no way the home team sweeps all four matches. Royal's winning, I'm winning, thats already two right there. On a serious note, if you do the math and make every individual match 50/50 you can find the actual probability this would happen. I've done it but Ill leave it to someone else to post the results :club: