Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

• Please log in to reply
3398 replies to this topic

#3381 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,349 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:30 AM

View PostiBeaver, on 29 June 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

Where would I go? Can't go to Canada. Can't go to the UK. Don't want to go to South Korea sadly. We would easily be out of here a year ago if we could. We are still looking at Ireland since she may have a relative who could get us in.

Why canít you go to those places? Thatís a serious question, I have no idea whatís involved in immigrating somewhere permanently from the US. I do know that right now Iíd be willing to go somewhere on a temporary visa if need be, and apply for residency/asylum to stay. Again, thatís my position as a Jewish person with a Jewish name, a Jewish face and too-recent memories of numbers on my grandparents arms. Itís not a judgment of people who choose to stay.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#3382 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,471 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

presenting this without comment

https://twitter.com/...406871582015488
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#3383 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,572 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

Lol comments are great.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#3384 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,572 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:00 AM

https://twitter.com/...0241240065?s=19

Stable genius.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#3385 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:30 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 29 June 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

Why can't you go to those places? That's a serious question, I have no idea what's involved in immigrating somewhere permanently from the US. I do know that right now I'd be willing to go somewhere on a temporary visa if need be, and apply for residency/asylum to stay. Again, that's my position as a Jewish person with a Jewish name, a Jewish face and too-recent memories of numbers on my grandparents arms. It's not a judgment of people who choose to stay.

There's no way he would get in under asylum / refugee status. As a would-be immigrant he scores much better if he has skills in need or $$$.
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#TradeMelnykNotKarlsson #MelnykOut

#3386 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

View PostFenxis, on 04 July 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

There's no way he would get in under asylum / refugee status. As a would-be immigrant he scores much better if he has skills in need or $$$.

Oops forgot to respond to that. Yeah pretty much what Duane said. We looked into Canada and after going through all the stuff we were denied. We don't hold special skills nor do we have the required amount of assets.

#3387 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,780 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:05 PM

View PostUntilted, on 28 June 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Seriously? Anyone who thinks the news media listed above doesn't have an agenda is fooling themselves irregardless of what Trump says or doesn't say

They may have an agenda... it just so happens that itís right. :-P
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#3388 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

View PostZach6668, on 04 July 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

They may have an agenda... it just so happens that it's right. :-P

Right answer.
OOps. I mean left
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#3389 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,349 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:03 AM

View PostiBeaver, on 04 July 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

Oops forgot to respond to that. Yeah pretty much what Duane said. We looked into Canada and after going through all the stuff we were denied. We don't hold special skills nor do we have the required amount of assets.

I donít know if itís funny or sad or ironic, but in many ways, the US really does have a more lax immigration policy than many countries. As you guys said, Canada is almost completely merit-based, and everyone screams (left and right) when one of the actual conservatives on the right in the US suggests toning down the racist rhetoric and going to a stronger merit system.

As a lefty SJW type, Iím embarrassed by how stringent our requirements for immigration and refugees are. Just kind of extra sad to see so many on the right in the US be blinded by non-existent security concerns or outright racism that they donít see how easily a merit system would meet most of their goals, especially since the people who qualify under those systems are often Asian.

Doesnít help solve sharing a huge border with a much poorer region, but at least if your policy really was motivated by short-term economics instead of other factors, itíd give you an ethically defensible framework to reject or eject border crossers.

#3390 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,484 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on 05 July 2018 - 06:03 AM, said:

I don't know if it's funny or sad or ironic, but in many ways, the US really does have a more lax immigration policy than many countries. As you guys said, Canada is almost completely merit-based, and everyone screams (left and right) when one of the actual conservatives on the right in the US suggests toning down the racist rhetoric and going to a stronger merit system.

As a lefty SJW type, I'm embarrassed by how stringent our requirements for immigration and refugees are. Just kind of extra sad to see so many on the right in the US be blinded by non-existent security concerns or outright racism that they don't see how easily a merit system would meet most of their goals, especially since the people who qualify under those systems are often Asian.

Doesn't help solve sharing a huge border with a much poorer region, but at least if your policy really was motivated by short-term economics instead of other factors, it'd give you an ethically defensible framework to reject or eject border crossers.

Pretty solid DannyG jinx here...

https://www.680news....tario-refugees/

#3391 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,349 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:32 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 05 July 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

Pretty solid DannyG jinx here...

https://www.680news....tario-refugees/

Well yeah, big shock that Ford and a conservative government wouldnít like refugees or, god forbid, paying money for something without direct, short-term improvement to corporate profits

#3392 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,278 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:09 PM

the new Sacha Baron Cohen showtime special is going to be amazing. Sarah Palin and Roy Moore are already putting out damage control statements and calling Sacha "shadowy liberal media"

#3393 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,349 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:37 PM

Dubey, on 12 July 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

the new Sacha Baron Cohen showtime special is going to be amazing. Sarah Palin and Roy Moore are already putting out damage control statements and calling Sacha "shadowy liberal media"

I honestly donít understand how this still works on people. How can the candidates and no one on their teams recognize him and/or do some background on interviewers? Gives you a small idea of the tiny bubbles these Republicans live and operate in.

#3394 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:58 PM

mrdannyg, on 12 July 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

I honestly donít understand how this still works on people. How can the candidates and no one on their teams recognize him and/or do some background on interviewers? Gives you a small idea of the tiny bubbles these Republicans live and operate in.

They are so hungry for attention they jump at the chance if they think someone wants to talk to them. Especially Moore.

But jeez Palin couldn't answer a simple question like, "what newspapers do you read". She's pretty legit stupid.

#3395 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,471 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 12 July 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

I honestly don't understand how this still works on people. How can the candidates and no one on their teams recognize him and/or do some background on interviewers? Gives you a small idea of the tiny bubbles these Republicans live and operate in.

My understanding is that he does his thing in this series across the political spectrum.

My side wicked smart, other side morons. While sometimes true more often it's all sides are morons.
Bob

#3396 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,349 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

FCP Bob, on 12 July 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

My understanding is that he does his thing in this series across the political spectrum.

My side wicked smart, other side morons. While sometimes true more often it's all sides are morons.

Iím sure there will be some dumb dems in there too. Any type of state and federal politics is a dumb little world for sure. I would guess that the Dems heíll ďgetĒ are less prominent than Palin and Moore, but thereís a very fair argument that those two are mainly prominent because of their absurdity rather than actually representing Republican voters (though they do represent the Republican Party, which has stood by both of them).

#3397 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,471 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

The Onion
‏@TheOnion
GOP Leaders Move Goalposts On Opposing Trump To Him Being Filmed Masturbating On U.S. Flag In Arlington Cemetery https://trib.al/XNu520N

Posted Image
Bob

#3398 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,471 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Posted Image
Bob

#3399 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,349 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:30 PM

The memes from that meeting are obviously meaningless but so hilarious. Putin is such an incredibly smarmy guy.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users