paying people off

I find that I keep paying people off with the second nut low, or the lower full house when the board is paired. Are there any situations I should ever be calling people down with hands like these? I always find it hard to lay them down, convincing myself that "They can't have it." This is definately the biggest leak in my omaha game, and I'm wasting a lot of money paying people off with second nut hands. Despite this, I've been profitable in the small amount of omaha/8 I've been playing (a couple thousand hands.)

for the most part, low limit O8 is a game where you're going for the nuts (or the best likely hand, e.g. top boat on a paired board, although quads are the nuts). so it's completely true that calling down with 2nd-nut hands will be a leak in any O8 game.if it's fixed limit, you should be ready to drop these hands on the flop if you don't have the nuts or a draw to the nuts. fixed limit is all about making the most of little edges, and you can't afford to lose two big bets on the turn and river (at the least) just to see a showdown, when more likely than not, you'll lose the hand.if it's pot limit, you should be ready to fold to aggression but try to see a cheap showdown. implied odds are there in pot limit, but picking up small pots is also important while you wait for monster hands. so if you can see a cheap showdown, it can be worth it if you can pick up the small pot, but otherwise, only get aggressive in pot limit when you have a huge hand.example:you call with A992. a decent call, you're mainly shooting for the low.flop comes K98. in limit, check/fold this hand. you have middle set and a weak, uninsured backdoor low draw, it's nothing in O8. suppose someone bets and you make a bad call. now turn comes 8. you now have the second boat. more often than not, you're now tempted to stay and will pay off KKxx.in pot limit, make a small bet (half-pot-ish) if it's checked to you or if you're in early position, but fold to aggression. you're looking to either pick up this pot right here or, if called, you're hoping for a cheap showdown, and you can do this by being the aggressor through pot manipulation (it'll likely get checked to you again on the turn, you can check behind, or if you're in early position, check to see a free card but fold to a bet). of course, your play will vary based on the turn, if a J comes, for example, you can try betting out again and hope the other person will fold his busted backdoor low draw.instead of paying off better hands with weak holdings like the above example, wait for better opportunities, where you have top set that fills up, for example.good luck,aseem

Thanks Aseem. At this point I'm playing .25/.50 limit, so the pot limit advice doesnt apply. I'll just have to start convincing myself to fold hands that aren't the nuts. I'm sure it'll eventually become easy.