Deleting Threads?

I just wanted to say that I think its bull **** that Mods delete threads where people are discussing trading funds... Obviously in todays age of online poker its alot more difficult to play online... and then Mods go and delete every thread related to putting money on a site. - That is why FCP sucks as a forum compared to other sites.. and also as a Poker site. .because they dont cater to their customers. end rant

I just wanted to say that I think its bull **** that Mods delete threads where people are discussing trading funds... Obviously in todays age of online poker its alot more difficult to play online... and then Mods go and delete every thread related to putting money on a site. - That is why FCP sucks as a forum compared to other sites.. and also as a Poker site. .because they dont cater to their customers. end rant
great post man as i just saw my threat get deleted where i am actually not tryin to take money from people but make them money .. hope others see deleting threads as a definate flaw to this site ... so much for the first amendment right

Daniel of all people as of his blogs and what not should def be offended by this( he is a peoples person and loves to see people stand for what they think is right) .. people come to this site for a reason. Daniel is the most open minded player out there and we love that about him, to delete someones thread on his site doesnt speak well for whast you guys as a team for FCP are tryin exploid to the poker world

Keep in mind moderators do not make up the rules they simply enforce them. I will be the first to agree that times are more difficult now, but the rules themselves have not changed. "Members are restricted from soliciting money or requesting transfers of funds to or from themselves or other parties including non-members."

great post man as i just saw my threat get deleted where i am actually not tryin to take money from people but make them money .. hope others see deleting threads as a definate flaw to this site ... so much for the first amendment right
You agreed when you joined to abide by the rules. If you don't like the rules put in place here, you are more than welcome to leave. But your argument about the first amendment is quite ridiculous.Your Retarded.
You agreed when you joined to abide by the rules. If you don't like the rules put in place here, you are more than welcome to leave. But your argument about the first amendment is quite ridiculous.Your Retarded.
you say it in such an eloquent way.
Keep in mind moderators do not make up the rules they simply enforce them. I will be the first to agree that times are more difficult now, but the rules themselves have not changed. "Members are restricted from soliciting money or requesting transfers of funds to or from themselves or other parties including non-members."
I guess the purpose of this rule is to protect the members of the forum from being scammed. Obviously Daniel Negreanu doesn't want to offer a platform for fraudsters to cheat his fans.But if a well known member asks around if someone of the people here who he trusts, could help him move some money around - where is the harm in that?[and I'm saying that as someone who doesn't even care about that, since I have no trouble transferring money at all]
I guess the purpose of this rule is to protect the members of the forum from being scammed. Obviously Daniel Negreanu doesn't want to offer a platform for fraudsters to cheat his fans.But if a well known member asks around if someone of the people here who he trusts, could help him move some money around - where is the harm in that?[and I'm saying that as someone who doesn't even care about that, since I have no trouble transferring money at all]
I don't think anyone would mind transfers between members with credibility, but the forums aren't the place, for the reasons you stated. Why can't people just use private messages?
lol probably 95% of general has no clue who Jayweb is.
isnt he the guy who ripped everyone off of their rakeback? and also created the you know youre playing a fish thread

Your comments will not be deleted from this chat. Not a forum though. Just good people.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sunday, November 5th, 2006, 1:47 PM Post #1 A New Fcp Chat Room For The Transition And Beyond!, IRC is a wonderful platform for this For those of you that have used IRC before - this will be easy and a no-brainer. For those of you that have not, I would be glad to help you set it up. What I basically propose is that we have a chat room setup for us to all "play" in. It is clear we are all transitioning away from the old software and waiting for the new software. Rumor also has it there will not be a chat feature immediately available upon joining our new home. So I propose we make our own.For the people who know what IRC is and how to use it, here is all you need.Server: IRC.Holonet.ORGPort: 6667 (default)Channel: #FCPPlease feel free to register and come hang out. For those of you interested but pretty clueless what IRC is and how to use it, read on!IRC Stands for Internet Relay Chat. Their are programs out there that let you connect to IRC servers, join chat rooms (called Channels and donated by a name with # in front of it), and chat.I can go deeply into commands and details and stuff that won't interest most of you. But in it's simplest form, it is just a chat room. All you have to do to get to the chat room is the following. OPTION 1 - Download program - get full features1) Go here and download PIRCH98. http://www.pirch.com/software.html 2) After installing and running the program, hit the Login button on the top left corner.3) Under 'IRC Network' type in a name for the network, it's real name is Holonet but you can name it FCP Chat or whatever. Under 'server' type in irc.holonet.org - Change your Name if you feel like it, or put anonymous, whatever. Next to 'Nickname', put what you want your name to show up as, ie your forum or poker client name.4) Check off Auto-connect and hit the connect button. That window will close and u should be connecting to the server now. If it looks like nothing happened you can hit the connect button again on the left. 5) type /join fcpThat is it, you should be in the chatroom - and it will probably be mostly empty to start. But hang out if you can and lets make this a fun place to hang out with the FCP community.OPTION 2 - The easy no feature wayGoto the website irc.holonet.org - You can click on Looking to chat. Enter in a nickname and FCP as the channel, and boom. You can join our room.This is WAY easier then the other way, but remember you are going to be on a very plain java chat with no features. Still good for people that don't want to be bothered with the download though!Questions/Comments/Criticisms?P.S. Unless nobody wants a chat room or there is a reason why we shouldn't want this - I think this should be stickied. --------------------

If it was really that black and white every single barrage thread would be deleted from the stake requests.I don't actually care...just sayin'
If it was really that black and white every single barrage thread would be deleted from the stake requests.I don't actually care...just sayin'
I never actually opened a barrage thread before, but I'll keep an eye now.

Generally speaking, those who request funds are often those who can't deposit money. Quite often that's because they are underage and FCP doesn't promote underage gambling.Furthermore, members have also been scammed many times through forums and instant messenging - this rule protects our members from such nonesense.Finally, the last thing we need are members posting threads how so and so owes them money and hasn't paid "He stole money from me". We don't want people stealing money from others whether it's $1 or $100 it doesn't matter.

I never actually opened a barrage thread before, but I'll keep an eye now.
Just for clarification...as long as the thread itself is not requesting funds then it's okay right?For example. In a barraqe thread the purpose is to have a large number of forum members play the same tournament. If one person makes a post requesting for a stake the whole thread doesn't get deleted does it? 'Cause that would make no sense.

Don't delete the barrage threads, that'd be bullshit.Pokerhaus has a trading forum, Newerwin has a trading forum, I dunno if 2+2 does but whatever.If you want to discuss do it in PM's or IRC is always open, its hard to find people tho I dunno.

meh.. my main problem was that no one was online at 5 AM and I wanted to shovel money over from FTP to stars because I was watching the 2003 Series and it inspired me. Normally I trade with a friend on AIM but no one was on at 5 am. Sorry for the rant.... I know the rules and I shouldnt explode like Ron Jeremy anytime something upsets me.

I guess the purpose of this rule is to protect the members of the forum from being scammed. Obviously Daniel Negreanu doesn't want to offer a platform for fraudsters to cheat his fans.But if a well known member asks around if someone of the people here who he trusts, could help him move some money around - where is the harm in that?
I think that's what private messaging is for. Every site I was ever on deletes posts where people solicit other posters. This is SOP.
meh.. my main problem was that no one was online at 5 AM and I wanted to shovel money over from FTP to stars because I was watching the 2003 Series and it inspired me. Normally I trade with a friend on AIM but no one was on at 5 am. Sorry for the rant.... I know the rules and I shouldnt explode like Peter North anytime something upsets me.
FYP