Any Canadians Get There Passport Yet?

Mine was suppsoed to get here by now. I phoned today and they said they still are in the process of reviewing my application and to try phoning again on the 19th. I appliedd for it on Dec 20 at our local government office. I want to go to vegas the first week of march so I can play some of the Venetian's deepstack series tourneys and some sattelites to the Wynn classic but it doesnt look good. Anyone get there already and when did you apply. TY

Mine was suppsoed to get here by now. I phoned today and they said they still are in the process of reviewing my application and to try phoning again on the 19th. I appliedd for it on Dec 20 at our local government office. I want to go to vegas the first week of march so I can play some of the Venetian's deepstack series tourneys and some sattelites to the Wynn classic but it doesnt look good. Anyone get there already and when did you apply. TY
Do you really need a passport to get into the US? Im going to Canada this weekend for a school related activity and we only need our driver's license... I don't think the passport rule applies until 2009, at least for US citizens coming to Canada
Do you really need a passport to get into the US? Im going to Canada this weekend for a school related activity and we only need our driver's license... I don't think the passport rule applies until 2009, at least for US citizens coming to Canada
It applies if you are flying but not for driving across as of yet. as of mid January they wont let you on the plane without a passport. It would be 2 days of driing 12 hours a day both ways and I only get a week off so driving isnt an option.

no you dont need it yet to get into canadaonly flying into the states right now for CanadiansThe latest delay estimate to getting a passport is about 60 days in Canada now i heard todaygl i still need mine going apply this week dont need it till sept though

questionsay i drive into the states with my ID. Then fly outta Bellingham, Washighton to somewhere else in the states wouyld i need passport??
no. thats a hell of an idea i might have to resort too. TY

Applied for mine in last week of Nov. and got it in 10 bussiness days. You have to tell them you'll pick it up though, by mail it takes 20 business days if you're lucky. It should be there before March though.

YES thats what I always do. Drive to Seatec airport and then fly out from there. Never have to worry about customs and usually save money on the airfare which covers the cost of extended parking.

actually I seen on the news that there is now up to 5 months wait.... kind of scary

It applies if you are flying but not for driving across as of yet. as of mid January they wont let you on the plane without a passport. It would be 2 days of driing 12 hours a day both ways and I only get a week off so driving isnt an option.
You don't have to drive the whole way. Just drive across the border and get a flight.
Americans don't need passports to go to Canada because Canada wants Americans there. Canadians need passports to get into the US cause the US doesn't want Canadians here. :club:
Americans also require a passport to get back into the US if they are flying.
Americans also require a passport to get back into the US if they are flying.
I live relatively close to the Canadian border and, from what I've gathered on the news, US citizens don't need a passport to get to Canada, just to come back to the states, whether you're flying or driving.
  • 2 weeks later...

Still not here :club: . Mother****ers cant tell me straight up when I am gonna get it. BS. Checked into flying out of Bellingham but there are very few flights to choose from and only on specific days.Looks like the US economy is gonna miss out on the 3K+ I was gonna spend on my trip.

it's what people in southern ontario are doing...driving to Buffallo and flying out ofthere...it's cheaper too
do you need a birth cerificate to drive across the border? I had to send mine in with my passport application :club: I think I am pretty much screwed.