In case that you won't like ist, but after watching PAD this week so far I definetly have to say: If he takes it seriously, Jamie Gold is going to be a player the others have to watch out for. I don't think that JOhhny Chan picked him for tutoring for nothing.Beside of having lost most of the time on HSP there were a couple of plays I really like simply because of the way of his thinking. And of course it was a great work, saving this 180k with KK against Sammy Farha's AA. Most of the other Players would have been all in at least on the flop. As Barry Greensetin just said at the show.And now, I really love his play against Chris Ferguson's full house. THAT was definetly a bluff wich would have earned him his "Best Bluffer"-title. I mean, Chris flipped a realy coin! And still hesitated for a moment. And I don't think that was just for the show.Jamie is really well playing not only the card, but the players. As seen against Hellmuth a couple of hands ago. And I like that.Just my two cents. Flame on ;-)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too much credit to Gold for not losing more to Sammy on the KK vs AA hand. He was not preforming a calculated move designed to reduce his losses.He was crying cause he wasn't good enough to throw KK in the muck when he might be beat.

Way too much credit to Gold for not losing more to Sammy on the KK vs AA hand. He was not preforming a calculated move designed to reduce his losses.He was crying cause he wasn't good enough to throw KK in the muck when he might be beat.
well, i think that there were several reasons for his acting. maybe he wasn't sure if sammy had the aces on the flop. just because it's sammy. then he wanted to take a shot on a third king or any card he possibly could bluff sammy out of the pot. after he realized that it didn't work, he convinced sammy just to check. i think, he would have mucked it, but maybe he saw on sammys acting also, that another bluff wouldn't work.he simply did not gave up the pot until the river, although he might knew that he was beat. that's why i give him credit.
well, i think that there were several reasons for his acting. maybe he wasn't sure if sammy had the aces on the flop. just because it's sammy. then he wanted to take a shot on a third king or any card he possibly could bluff sammy out of the pot. after he realized that it didn't work, he convinced sammy just to check. i think, he would have mucked it, but maybe he saw on sammys acting also, that another bluff wouldn't work.he simply did not gave up the pot until the river, although he might knew that he was beat. that's why i give him credit.
Well if losing 3/4 of your stack drawing to 2 outs is the sign of a good player, then yea, I'm with you
Well if losing 3/4 of your stack drawing to 2 outs is the sign of a good player, then yea, I'm with you
well, it maybe would have worked to bluff sammy out, if something like a flush or straight draw were on the board. i think, he was hoping for something like that. a third king would have been pretty nice, too, of course^^

Good luck to him, but not paying up when he promised half his winnings left me with a bad impression of JG.His losing a lot of money on HSP doesn't change my feelings towards him.

QFThe knew he was beat, and I think just about any player in that situation with that much action should know that sammy had AA.I do have to admit, he makes some really gutsy plays that work, sometimes he gets picked off but everyone does once in a while. I don't think he is a terrible player, but he definately has a long way to go to be a top pro.[x] just wanted to use one of these boxes.
MAYBE he would have mucked, but I doubt it. Even though it wasn't binding, he said something like... "go ahead and bet, I call" and such. Soooo... he was probably going to call anwyay.
MAYBE he would have mucked, but I doubt it. Even though it wasn't binding, he said something like... "go ahead and bet, I call" and such. Soooo... he was probably going to call anwyay.
no, i think he just tried to make sammy suspicious. he could have a pocket pair and hit trips...

Did anyone notice how after he bluffed Ferguson he kept saying it was a good play. i think that he realizes everyone thinks he sucks and anytime he makes a semi-good play he is looking for some recognition. He definitely is not very self secure in his playing.......................................................................or I could just be thinking this because I don't really like watching him play.

Anyone who loses 500 bb's the first hand of the Main Event on a complete, stone cold bluff, pulling off the same stunt the year before and not knowing how to adjust, is simply not good at poker. There is nothing else to say about it.

I thought it was funny that when Hellmuth and Chan went over to Marianella to talk during the hand they both said that they thought Jesus had a 3, obv., and was going to call. Jamie kept being like, "Really? I think he has to fold. How can he call? I can easily have the Q.", etc. I found it quite interesting the mindset of 2 top tier pros vs one Jamie Gold. I would've been quite shocked if Jesus would've layed that hand down getting 3:1 w/ the way that hand went down vs a player like JG.

Exactly. Had Sammy moved in for the extra 180K, jamie would have called.He knew he was beat, yet he did not have it in him to throw the KK away.He is a donkey, and will always be a donkey.People credit him for being able to out talk his opponents. No he doesn't! He justsays a bunch of random crap that not even he understands, what he is saying nor the motive to saying it, and it just works out sometimes.EDIT:He also doesn't know his opponents well enough, or at least doesn't know how to adjust.I think it was season 3 of HSP when Jamie tried to pull off a non sequential bluff against Doyle, finally makinga piss weak bet at the river, and Doyla called with ace high. Now knowing that this is Doyle Brunson, the right move, if you are an idiot, wouldbe to not try and bluff the river. He kept defending his shitty play (Matusow was berating him for it) by saying "I read him for ace high. If someone hasace high, its a good idea to bet". Not if the guy is going to look you up, idiot.

i'm not that sure about this. i think most people don't like him because of the things that happened after is ME win. (i don't really care about that, i don't know what happened and i'm not interested. i don't know him personally, so...)well, he still has to prove his poker skills. and in my opinion he is on his way.but I think he knows it as well, that he still has to improve...

i'm not that sure about this. i think most people don't like him because of the things that happened after is ME win. (i don't really care about that, i don't know what happened and i'm not interested. i don't know him personally, so...)well, he still has to prove his poker skills. and in my opinion he is on his way.but I think he knows it as well, that he still has to improve...
I'll give you that he appears to be somewhat better than he was during his ME run (whatever that means), but he definately still has a long way to go before he can consider making this game his profession, IMO. All that money he won could be gone in a few years if he's not careful about the games he plays in. Also, when he was talking about the NL cash game at Venetian w/ D Williams, Gabe, etc....I found it funny that he didn't seem to understand they set that game up around him. He kept saying, "I've won all 4 sessions, blah blah blah" Haha...those guys aren't stupid. With his style of play, he could probably play 10 sessions and win all but 2 of them and barely make a profit overall./pointless JG rant

Ye I think he isnt a bad player but he's too much of an ******* at the table doing unethical things like saying I CALL x30 to sammy, crying when people call him with a worse hand in the ME then pretending to feel bad when he knocks them out. That being said I think he has played well on PAD.

isn't lieing, acting, pretending to have this and that, etc. part of poker?kinda philosophical question, lol.

isn't lieing, acting, pretending to have this and that, etc. part of poker?kinda philosophical question, lol.
please read my post properly thx.
Anyone who loses 500 bb's the first hand of the Main Event on a complete, stone cold bluff, pulling off the same stunt the year before and not knowing how to adjust, is simply not good at poker. There is nothing else to say about it.
Pretty tuough to lose 500bbs on the first hand of a 200bb tourney
Pretty tuough to lose 500bbs on the first hand of a 200bb tourney
OMG I got pwneddddd by a person with 2 posts, no less.I meant to say 50% but then I started thinking about bb's and yeah you know the result. Clusterfck