Well i finally got to play some live Omaha hi/lo in Vegas, thought i would share my experiences. I sat down at the venetian where they regularly run 4 - 8, and 8 - 16 limit games with a half kill (they also spread a 8 - 10 mix game with all the HORSE games plus 2 - 7 triple, Badugi, and PLO if you get enough). The table was 9 seated and was mostly filled with regulars who seem to play every morning. I sat down and proceeded to literally get 4 out scooped the first 4 - 10 hands. Then the following hand came up in a kill pot, sorry there is no converter.BB Hero [ K h 10 h 2c 3 c ]Action: folds to button who raises, small blind folds, hero calls. Heads upFlop: J h Qh 4 c Action: Hero Bets, button raises, hero 3-bets, button callsTurn: A sAction: Hero checks, button bets, hero raises, button 3-bets, Hero 4-betsRiver: 7 dAction: Hero bets, button raises, Hero re-raises, button callsI dont remember how much was in the pot but it put me up a little after the brutal beats. The guy was nice and claimed he had the Ace high flush draw and the second nut low. Guess i got luckyOverall it was fun, about half the table was nice and knew what they were doing, the other half knew the rules and thought they were experts, but played only low hands. If the board came high, one bet would usually take it down for me. Only pet peave was that more than once i had to correct the dealer or player with what the high and low hands were. Other than that i highly recommend the Venetian for Omaha hi/lo. Great cocktail and food service and they treat their players well.

I kind of wanted it to look like i had an A 2 or a flush draw that didnt get there. I was trying to be tricky with the guy because he tended to over think things based on talking to him through other hands

whats the general speed of O8 games live? i have a feeling that even thou they are soft it will end up like live plo where there is shit tons of people to the flop and you get 12 hands in an hour

THe speed was pretty fast paced. It only slowed down when multiple people went to showdown and they tried to figure out what people had. The dealer kept things moving, but i enjoyed the pace just fine. I played about a 3 hour session, average people to the flop was around 4, but sometimes 7 were in, but alot of people were out on the flop

• 2 weeks later...
i have a feeling that even thou they are soft it will end up like live plo where there is shit tons of people to the flop and you get 12 hands in an hour
sums up my experiences. I play in a live game almost every week. Everyone to the flop... half of everyone to the river. If you fold 2 hands in a row everyone cries about you being a nit. Pretty slow, I'm used to it now though. It's great when players from the holdem table switch over because they just get bored out of their minds and start to spewI 2nd MSP's opinion on Venetian though. My favorite place to play omaha and holdem. Plenty of space, comfortable chairs, always a game going... etc etc.It's funny how everyone thinks they are a pro at the 1/2 NL game there. Like there are 4 or 5 Royal Tour's at everyone's table (don't expect anyone to get that).
  • 2 months later...