worst play i've ever seen

you remember any details of the hand?
Yeah, (tournament) the blinds were like 75/150, there was an ante too, can't remember how much, but the button called, and the SB did as well. Flop came 5 T A two clubs, two players check to the Button who bets 450, the SB calls.Turn comes 7 Check, Button bets 800, the SB has 804 left and just calls.River comes Jack and the SB puts his last 4 chips in, and the button folds.
I smell collusion.
And it smells like moldy vaginal secretions.
Well I am glad that I am still full from lunch, cause I don't think I can eat dinner now, thanks!Wait I think I threw up a little in my mouth!

What was the board? Unless it was like 4,5,7,8 ,9 I wouldn't even fold 23 here. I'd hope they were bluffing a garbage hand like 34 if the board was 5,6,8,9,10

I think you all are forgetting the most important reason to call, to get information. If I'm ever given 5 to 1 or more in a tournament by someone's bet on the river. As long as it doesn't hurt a huge portion of my stack, I'm calling just to see what he was playing with and how he was playing. It's a simple tournament fact, you can't get good reads on people if you can't see their cards.

If I'm getting over 25 to 1 on my money I see no reason not to call with an ace high (sometimes). For 700 to 1 im gonna call playing the board. One time I called when I was almost certain i was beat but I was getting 200 to 1 on my money. The flop was Q74 and i had 56 I was betting agressively and then the board paired twice it was Q74Q7 and this guy bets 20 into a 2000 pot. So i call with 6 high, he shows 33. But anyway when youre getting those odds you might as well just call and hope theyre playing the board.