Sean Avery Traded To The Rangers

TSN.ca has the deal but no return yet. Lets find out.
The Los Angeles Kings have traded centre Sean Avery and prospect John Seymour to the New York Rangers for right winger Jason Ward along with prospects Marc-Andre Cliche and Jan Marek.I think the addition of Avery makes the Rangers immediately better. It will be interesting to see what other teams in the conference will do in response.

The word on the street is a Montreal 1st round pick to Florida for Bertuzzi. The Habs would then turn around and ship Samsonov and Perezhogin to Chicago for a 1st rounder. That's the word. Write it down.

The word on the street is a Montreal 1st round pick to Florida for Bertuzzi. The Habs would then turn around and ship Samsonov and Perezhogin to Chicago for a 1st rounder. That's the word. Write it down.
I hope your source isn't Eklund.

Why the hell would the Hawks want Samsonov? I know they loved random Russian players in the past, but they seem to have gotten over that. I'm not saying there isn't truth to the rumour, it just doesn't seem to make sense from a Chicago perspective.

Uh, he's still top 5 in PIMs with 116 minutes. However, a lot less fighting since he's lighting up the lamp and making plays now.He'll lead the league in Gordie Howe hattricks in years to come.

Uh, he's still top 5 in PIMs with 116 minutes. However, a lot less fighting since he's lighting up the lamp and making plays now.He'll lead the league in Gordie Howe hattricks in years to come.
He's been in 2 fights this year against Laperriere and some other guy I think his name was Campbell this last Saturday. He also has a lot of penalty minutes with misconducts which at 10 minutes adds up. Also add the diving penalties and the I stopped moving my feet so I hooked the guy and took a penalty.I've watched almost every Kings games this year including being in attendance for every one at home and his play has not been what you have made of it. He was in an 11 game point scoreless streak and was on the third line and was not playing well at all. He has not been as hard as he has been in past seasons. He only has 28 points this season and he has 10 goals on 160 shots. He hasn't been lighting the lamp like you are believing.
He's been in 2 fights this year against Laperriere and some other guy I think his name was Campbell this last Saturday. He also has a lot of penalty minutes with misconducts which at 10 minutes adds up. Also add the diving penalties and the I stopped moving my feet so I hooked the guy and took a penalty.I've watched almost every Kings games this year including being in attendance for every one at home and his play has not been what you have made of it. He was in an 11 game point scoreless streak and was on the third line and was not playing well at all. He has not been as hard as he has been in past seasons. He only has 28 points this season and he has 10 goals on 160 shots. He hasn't been lighting the lamp like you are believing.
I don't know who amassed the statistic, but someone did.... Sean Avery leads the NHL in what they consider 'drawing' penalties... I still dislike the dude, tho..
I went through his stats on nhl.com and they have him with two fighting majors this year; one against Ian Laperriere (COL) and one against Gregory Campbell (FLA). He has three diving penalties.

Mustangs ownership will like to comment on this trade.We are very happy with the trade of Sean Avery to the Rangers. We hope this will enable Sean to get some more playing time and add to his offensive numbers. Avery will be joining Mustangs farmhand Blair Betts on the team..

Mustangs ownership will like to comment on this trade.We are very happy with the trade of Sean Avery to the Rangers. We hope this will enable Sean to get some more playing time and add to his offensive numbers. Avery will be joining Mustangs farmhand Blair Betts on the team..
It's certainly fitting that Avery is a Mustang as he is all talk and no action just like the team owner.2 fighting majors3 diving penalties
I don't know who amassed the statistic, but someone did.... Sean Avery leads the NHL in what they consider 'drawing' penalties... I still dislike the dude, tho..
If the Kings were any good on the Power Play I may care but they've been terrible lately.
I was only kidding about "lighting the lamp and making plays." I don't watch Kings games since I'm way over on the east coast so I'm only going by box scores and news reports. Isn't he an alright penalty killer?He had a power play assist tonight in his NYR debut, :club:
I was only kidding about "lighting the lamp and making plays." I don't watch Kings games since I'm way over on the east coast so I'm only going by box scores and news reports. Isn't he an alright penalty killer?He had a power play assist tonight in his NYR debut, :club:
He is effective when he wants to be. The question is will he.