Tretiak's presence is tres cool!
Absolutely.... when I was a kid, there were two great goaltenders.... Dryden and Tretiak.... great to see them together again. And, seriously.... playing road hockey as a kid...who didn't lean on their stick imitating Ken Dryden!!
I was a little surprised that there was no mention of Gump Worseley, who passed away on saturday...
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Worsley's family made that request so as not to take away from the ceremony.
Absolutely.... when I was a kid, there were two great goaltenders.... Dryden and Tretiak.... great to see them together again. And, seriously.... playing road hockey as a kid...who didn't lean on their stick imitating Ken Dryden!!
You're forgetting Doug Favell.
Why so long after he retired? Just wondering or am I missing something?
The Canadiens organization is very picky over who gets their number retired. Also, I believe Dryden was being punished a little for his time served in the Leafs organization. :club:
The Canadiens organization is very picky over who gets their number retired. Also, I believe Dryden was being punished a little for his time served in the Leafs organization. :club:
How many more sweaters can Montreal retire? I think Dryden is the 11th number now and they still have lots of players to go (re: Patrick Roy, Larry Robinson, Bob Gainey).I can just see future drafts picks..."Well Johnny, you can choose between 83 or 98. That's all we got left!"
How many more sweaters can Montreal retire? I think Dryden is the 11th number now and they still have lots of players to go (re: Patrick Roy, Larry Robinson, Bob Gainey).I can just see future drafts picks..."Well Johnny, you can choose between 83 or 98. That's all we got left!"
The Canadiens organization has had a lot more than 11 players that deserve the honour. However, they need to stop "retiring" numbers. Put the name AND number up in the rafters, but allow the number to remain in circulation.

Best jersey retirement ceremony of the season.Also...from another sitethe Habs annouced a couple of years ago they would be retiring 5 jerseys up to their 100th anniversary in 2009. And it was also mentioned that they would be doing so in a Chronological order, so, the first year they went ahead with Geoffrion and Moore/Cournoyer, this year they did Savard and Dryden so its very easy to determine that next year is Patrick's turn.Patrick will up the Rafters in 2008--2009 for the 100th anniversary.

Unreal. Six Cups in eight seasons.In a semi-related story, the Leafs are planning a ceremony next Saturday to retire the numbers of their players who have played six playoff games in eight seasons.

Best jersey retirement ceremony of the season.Also...from another sitethe Habs annouced a couple of years ago they would be retiring 5 jerseys up to their 100th anniversary in 2009. And it was also mentioned that they would be doing so in a Chronological order, so, the first year they went ahead with Geoffrion and Moore/Cournoyer, this year they did Savard and Dryden so its very easy to determine that next year is Patrick's turn.Patrick will up the Rafters in 2008--2009 for the 100th anniversary.
I wonder if Mario Tremblay will give a speech?
lol not the best idea. That was some stupid night. An Original Six matchup on Saturday night at the Forum and Tremblay just left Roy out there getting slaughtered. Man, big ego clash that was. And it turned into a trade to the ex-Nordiques for Thibault (!), Rucinsky (!!) and Kovalenko (!!!) a week later. And they give up Keane too ? NooooooooRoy was the nuts back in the day. 10 playoff overtime wins in 1993 :club: Case closed.He's got a temper though. I remember one reported episode in Crawford's office where he allegedly threw and broke a VCR. But hey, I'm not one to judge, that's kind of a cool way of making a point.But this last episode just recently is a bit overblown IMO. The alleged assault I've heard was just a firm arm grabbing. There was so much French Canadian press about it here, for really just a nothing event. And he was about to resign, huh ?
Just would like to say that I hate the Montreal organization and everything they stand for..seeing them lose is JOY ...Dryden is a loser and set back the Leafs franchise with his inept management stylego back to Montreal where you belong...the only number 29 in my book is FELIX POTVIN and MIKE PALMATEER
Just would like to say that I hate the Montreal organization and everything they stand for..seeing them lose is JOY ...Dryden is a loser and set back the Leafs franchise with his inept management stylego back to Montreal where you belong...the only number 29 in my book is FELIX POTVIN and MIKE PALMATEER
Just would like to say that I hate the Toronto organization and everything they stand for..seeing them lose is JOY ...Dryden is a loser and set back the Leafs franchise with his inept management styleI AM A SENS FAN !!!
Just would like to say that I hate the Toronto organization and everything they stand for..seeing them lose is JOY ...Dryden is a loser and set back the Leafs franchise with his inept management styleI AM A SENS FAN !!!
How is the SENS record against the Leafs in the Playoffs..hmmm
How is the SENS record against the Leafs in the Playoffs..hmmm
Mr. Serge, I will not end up on the winning end of a battle of the wits with you. I've realised that was a hopeless cause knowing you through this forum...BUT, in hindsight...Leaf Cups = 0Sens Cups = 0Let's please call it a truce, we can still be friends.
Mr. Serge, I will not end up on the winning end of a battle of the wits with you. I've realised that was a hopeless cause knowing you through this forum...BUT, in hindsight...Leaf Cups = 0Sens Cups = 0Let's please call it a truce, we can still be friends.
last time i checked the leafs have 11 cups
How many in your lifetime ?Honestly, I don't know how old you are...
I am 34...so yes no cups...i really hope we get in the playoffs and draw the senators