125 members have voted

1. 1. Who do You want to Cover?

• Phil Hellmuth
    • Patrik Antonius
    • Jennifer Harman
    • Doyle Brunson
    • Mike Matusow
    • Gus Hansen

So I'm trying to make this a weekly feature on FCP and when the week is over the thread will be closed and moved to Player Profiles so you can read them whenever. Remember, keep the chit chat to a minimum and make your questions short and sweet. Ask me about Ivey...

• Like 1
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I'm trying to make this a weekly feature on FCP and when the week is over the thread will be closed and moved to Player Profiles so you can read them whenever. Remember, keep the chit chat to a mi

That's the amazing thing about Phil. When we were younger he was the most likely to tilt because he has such a wild and aggressive style, especially in Stud. In the last five years, though, the guy ju

He's kind of has a killer mentality when it comes to gambling. He loves it, and wants to crush people. He has intense focus and drive that's hard to practice, you either got it or you don't. His weak

Have you ever seen him tilt? He seems to have a very flat emotional style, I wonder how much this is just his natural state and how much it is self control at the table.
That's the amazing thing about Phil. When we were younger he was the most likely to tilt because he has such a wild and aggressive style, especially in Stud. In the last five years, though, the guy just doesn't tilt in poker anymore. If he feels like he's not "all there" he'll often play for like 15 minutes and then just quit and go do something else.
  • Like 1
He's clearly a degenerate gambler do you ever see him running into financial troubles"You know when you lose so much money you can't breath - i like that feeling"
I think he'll be fine. If he ever had to go back to "work" he could do it.
When you Ivey, Juanda and Cunningham all started out at about the same time did you think that it would be Ivey who would end up being considered the best ?
We all felt that Allen was the most knowledgeable about poker and knew all the right answers to the puzzles. Juanda was the most disciplined back then, Ivey was the wildest and most raw, but I thought I'd be the best of the group. Having said that, Juanda didn't think Ivey was going to make it, but I knew he'd make it for sure. I saw loads of talent in him and saw drive in his eyes.

You have regarded Phil as the best player in the world, and most people say that Chip Reese was the best of all time. How far do you think Phil is away from catching Chip of that title? In what games and areas of poker is Phil better and what games and areas does he have to improve to become the best of all time in your opinion?

Where would you rank Ivey as one of the greatest poker players of all time?

Hmmm... I think if I had to pick one game to play him heads up I would choose Omaha HL first and limit hold'em second. He is great at both, but I think Omaha HL might be his worst game.
That is a pretty amazing statement considering he was the one to go in a take over for the Corporation and make Andy Beal quit.
What would you say Ivey's biggest strengths/weaknesses are as a person?
He's kind of has a killer mentality when it comes to gambling. He loves it, and wants to crush people. He has intense focus and drive that's hard to practice, you either got it or you don't. His weakness, I think, would be his constant need for action ALL THE TIME.
  • Like 1
You have regarded Phil as the best player in the world, and most people say that Chip Reese was the best of all time. How far do you think Phil is away from catching Chip of that title? In what games and areas of poker is Phil better and what games and areas does he have to improve to become the best of all time in your opinion?
With all due respect to Chip, I think Ivey already did pass him along time ago as the greatest all around poker player in the world.

What quality would you say is the single most reason why Ivey is so good at poker. Is it his total disregard for money? His ability to stop playing when tilting? Is it his work ethic/studying the game? Ability to adapt to opponents? His "aura" at the tables? Or something else?