not sure about bugsys club

I just opened an account w/ Bugsys Club and I'm not too sure about it. I'll make a list of positives and negatives.Positives:The play is pretty weak (so far at least).They offer a variety of games at reasonable stakes (I played Stud8 for the 1st time b/c they offered a $2 tourney).Negatives:The SNG structure is an absolute JOKE.There's not a lot of traffic, so even though they offer a variety of games, there's no one to play them.It's gonna take me 10 years to clear the deposit bonus.The interface and playability kind of suck.Does anybody else play there? Do you have anything to add?

The WSOP qualifier is fantastic. You start with 10,000 chips. The NL rooms are easy to beat. I, however, am still devastated from the final three of my WSOP qualifier, so I haven't been back there.Peace,Jay

I LOVE Bugsys!! They have an awesome hu structure. You get 10k in chips and plenty of time to play. Their rake in hu games is also the lowest (or equal lowest on the net).Their WSOP promo is greatThey often have guaranteed money tourneys where there's an overlay due to low numbers.If you play a lot you can score BIG in their leagues (whoever plays the most in 1 month gets 2k cash.. 2nd 1.5k etc)Their limit games are simply weak. I couldn't beat $1-$2 on Paradise.. but I'm mauling the $2-$4 game at Bugsys...I play as doug-less.. I'm not an affiliate just someone who has played there for almost 2 years and loves it. And yes their only fault is lack of players (I like the software)

I just opened an account w/ Bugsys Club and I'm not too sure about it.  I'll make a list of positives and negatives.Positives:The play is pretty weak (so far at least).They offer a variety of games at reasonable stakes (I played Stud8 for the 1st time b/c they offered a $2 tourney).Negatives:The SNG structure is an absolute JOKE.There's not a lot of traffic, so even though they offer a variety of games, there's no one to play them.It's gonna take me 10 years to clear the deposit bonus.The interface and playability kind of suck.Does anybody else play there?  Do you have anything to add?
One more thing. The SnG structure is a HELL of a lot better than anywhere else I've played. paradise gets to a point where the blinds are so huge relative to the chips in play that you have to go all in every round or two to survive. This happens less than an hour into it. bugsys gives you PLENTY of play.

How do you not like the interface/playability? I think it's easily the best. I love being able to mess around with the scroll bar (NL) even before my turn to act. The software and tournament structures are both great. They do have some great WSOP promotions, as well. I played the Elite league for the first time last month and placed myself at the top of the yearly rankings. Unless 3 people post better one-month performances before the year is through, they'll be paying for my 2006 WSOP ME buy-in + travel. Their other great WSOP promotion involves placing in the top 4 in a 70-120 person tournament for a free shot at a ~250 person tournament (Money added + WSOP seat). You can do this multiple times.If you like large tournament fields, however, Bugsy's is not for you. It's tough to win a huge 1st prize there without also putting up a large entry fee. Also, they don't have many tournaments with large entry fees.The players there aren't particularly fishy... at least not in the traditional sense of the word. They have a lot of thinking players there, including some pretty good ones from their Poker School Online. Thing is, most of them play too tight and predictably. You can really lag it up and dominate their tournaments if that's your style.Overall, I like Bugsy's a lot. The small community makes for a lot of friendliness and familiarity between players. Unfortunately, I felt the need to move on to Stars, for the wider variety of tourneys and bigger prize pools. I do still play Bugsy's on occasion.

best. tournament. structure. ever.
If you're into crap shoots I agree with you. I'm used to playing SNGs on Hollywood/PokerRoom where you get 1500 chips and blinds go:10/2015/3025/5050/10075/150100/200But on Bugsys Club they start at 25/50. That's two whole levels that are missing. The blinds get so high so quickly that you can't afford to play around with fun little hands. If you don't have big cards you're screwed.
best. tournament. structure. ever.
If you're into crap shoots I agree with you. I'm used to playing SNGs on Hollywood/PokerRoom where you get 1500 chips and blinds go:10/2015/3025/5050/10075/150100/200But on Bugsys Club they start at 25/50. That's two whole levels that are missing. The blinds get so high so quickly that you can't afford to play around with fun little hands. If you don't have big cards you're screwed.
The real test is where are the blinds after an hour.At Bugsys they are 150-300... not a whole lost different from 100-200.. basically 1 level faster.

Perhaps their structure isnt the best out there... but believe me they play a helluva lot slower than Paradise.. plus they charge half the rake for their $5.50 events...

On both sites you start out with 1500 in chips:Poker Room: 10/20 15/30 25/50 50/100 75/150 100/200 150/300 200/400 300/600 400/800 Bugsys Club:25/5050/10075/150100/200100/200 25 ante150/300 50 ante200/400 50 ante300/600 100 ante400/800 100 ante500/1000 200 antePoker Room gives you 75 big blinds to start with, Bugsys Club gives you 30. Now you tell me which has a better structure. I'll take the one that allows me to see a few hands, not the one that forces me to make a move by level 2. Some people like high blind structures, I just happen to like being able to play poker, not shoot dice.

I love Bugsys for tournaments. With 10K in chips and 10 minute levels really gives good players an edge.The SNG's are the worst on the net which is odd since the tournament structure is one of the best.And the heads up structure again is great. 10K in chips and slow blind level increase makes it favorable for patient and skilled players.The only downer about that site is the lack of players and sometimes the tournaments are not good value, however sometimes you can get a decent overaly in the garunteed tournaments and the shootout on sundays is the best one to play in. Also the $10 weekend round 2 WSOP's are good also. Hopefully more playesr will play there. Also one final note, even in the cheap buy in tournaments I often find that I can steal and make plays, even against some looser players since the stacks are so deep.

when i emphasized best tournament structure ever, i meant MTTs.sorry, not familiar with their SNGs, but their MTT structure is by far (not even a close match to any other site) the best online structure on the internet.you start with 10k chips and the blinds follow the world series structure with 15 minute levels.even the freerolls become beatable.give an MTT a try, you'll like it.aseem

when i emphasized best tournament structure ever, i meant MTTs.sorry, not familiar with their SNGs, but their MTT structure is by far (not even a close match to any other site) the best online structure on the internet.you start with 10k chips and the blinds follow the world series structure with 15 minute levels.even the freerolls become beatable.give an MTT a try, you'll like it.aseem
I'm trying to clear the bonus there, so I'll be there for a while. I'll give some MTTs a shot, but the SNG structure definitely sucks.