Book: Secrets Of Short-handed No Limit Hold'em

Has anyone read this book? Is it any good? I'm not experienced playing 6handed at all but am making a serious push at it, as I've been getting told left and right that 6handed is considerably more profitable/fun than full ring.I'm not up to speed on poker names, is this Ashman guy worth reading and/or listening to?Any other source material on short handed play worth reading?I'm crushing the $10NL game on Stars right now, but a blind monkey could do that, so I wanted to cover all my bases before making a move.

Meh, I'd think Cardrunners would be best. I don't have a subscription to them but they have the most videos by fatr so you should be able to find what you need there. I watch videos at bluefirepoker.com, but they don't have a lot of basic 6max videos and they have wayyyyyyyy less too choose from.

really you should be fine if you just follow the basics,raise liberally in positionplay tight from OOP3-bet for valuestack fools postflop
This I do already, and am killing micro stakes because of it. But, I don't want to just "be fine", my enjoyment in poker comes from playing my best and constantly striving to improve. And, of course, "stacking fools" :ts.But it's the striving to improve part that I'm looking for more resources on, I'm at a point where I feel I'm playing my best but unable to improve myself without outside perspectives that force me to rethink what I think is "the best".Hence, lots of FCP posts, new reading materials, and a solid online video collection :club:
I'd assume getting a membership to a video site (not pokerVT) would be your best bet at getting better at 6max nlhe. Watch a beginner series and crush.
That, or hire a qualified coach. I'd say:Great coach >>> Training site >>>>>>>>> Bad coach > BookBy cost: Coach > Training site > Book.For most people starting out, I'd say that a training site gives you the best bang for your buck. I was a member of DC a while ago and liked the HU selection (but didn't venture beyond that). I have heard nothing but good things about CR.