Things That You Do In A Brick And Mortar

When I play in a live cardroom, I always like to make conversation with my neighbors not only to loosen things up, but also to make the game less boring. So what are things that you guys do to loosen up the table or be friendly to your neighbor? I'll start1. Get my neighbor to guess where I'm from and if he gets it right, I'll buy him a drink (or take care of the waitress' tip if it's a non-alcoholic one)2. Make small side bets on the color of the flop or for a hand we're not involved in, which player will win the hand3. If my neighbor is a newbie, I'll offer him the use of my cardprotector (a coin) if I've been on a streak.

I try to be friendly to my fellow players, but I'm generally quiet and keep to myself for the most part. Invevitably though, someone will sit down near me who doesn't suck as much as the rest of the table and recognize me as a good player and try to discuss hands and stuff. I usually just smile and tell them they're right. I make it a practice never to get into real strategy discussions where I give away information about how I play or how I think the game should be played.

I don't talk at all. I only speak when spoken to, and only then because it's socially acceptable to do so. I don't whine about bad beats, I don't tell other people how poorly they played, I don't say Sorry when I lay a bad beat, I don't tell stories about amazing hands I saw last week. I am by far the most boring person at the table. I just sit there and play cards.

I don't talk at all. I only speak when spoken to, and only then because it's socially acceptable to do so. I don't whine about bad beats, I don't tell other people how poorly they played, I don't say Sorry when I lay a bad beat, I don't tell stories about amazing hands I saw last week. I am by far the most boring person at the table. I just sit there and play cards.
I met this one guy when I was playing in Vegas who fits your exact description. He only spoke 3 words throughout the 3 hours that he played with us.Tourist : Do you chop?Guy : Yes.Tourist : So where are you from?Guy : No where
I try to be friendly to my fellow players, but I'm generally quiet and keep to myself for the most part. Invevitably though, someone will sit down near me who doesn't suck as much as the rest of the table and recognize me as a good player and try to discuss hands and stuff. I usually just smile and tell them they're right. I make it a practice never to get into real strategy discussions where I give away information about how I play or how I think the game should be played.
I am the same way, except i talk to people when i get bored and understand them

Depends on the game if I talk or not. If I like the people, I get very social. If not, I get very quiet. Sometimes, there is that table where when you play poker, it is so much fun. Everyone is laughing and having a good time. That is when I like poker best.

Depends on the game if I talk or not. If I like the people, I get very social. If not, I get very quiet. Sometimes, there is that table where when you play poker, it is so much fun. Everyone is laughing and having a good time. That is when I like poker best.
Definitely!It was hilarious when we were playing with Gary that first night at Binions. He kept putting that jerk guy in his place. Good times.
Definitely!It was hilarious when we were playing with Gary that first night at Binions. He kept putting that jerk guy in his place. Good times.
Yeah, that was fun. I also liked it when we went to the Venetian and they spread that Omaha Hi/Lo game for us and that guy sat down and had no clue what he was up against. I miss you! :club:
Yeah, that was fun. I also liked it when we went to the Ventian and they spread that Omaha Hi/Lo game for us and that guy sat down and had no clue what he was up against. I miss you! :club:
ill keep this short and sweet.my names tom and i ****pm meand dont go try change me babe

I talk a lot. It makes the old people love you if you're friendly, and it makes the young people hate you because you're being nice to the people who put the bad beat on you. Both ways are good for making people give you money.

I ***** about people busting my aces with runner runner straights, then when they say "don't tell me how to play cards mother****a!" I get the card room manager to come over and remove them from the table for being belligerently drunk.

Yeah, that was fun. I also liked it when we went to the Venetian and they spread that Omaha Hi/Lo game for us and that guy sat down and had no clue what he was up against. I miss you! :D
good times :club:
I met this one guy when I was playing in Vegas who fits your exact description. He only spoke 3 words throughout the 3 hours that he played with us.Tourist : Do you chop?Guy : Yes.Tourist : So where are you from?Guy : No where
lol

I sit in my overcoat and glower at people. If anyone says anything to me I tell them to shut up. If anyone asks me a question I ignore it. If anyone gets lippy with me then I punch them.I don`t take prisoners on or off the table

I sit in my overcoat and glower at people. If anyone says anything to me I tell them to shut up. If anyone asks me a question I ignore it. If anyone gets lippy with me then I punch them.I don`t take prisoners on or off the table
How about your brother?
Not to be a dick, but that's only two words.
I'm with this guy, I play poker for money not friend's. I love sitting at a fun table because they lose focus when I don't. Also I try to stay away from the quiet tables. If you can do both thats great, its just not for me.
Tourist : Do you chop?Guy : Yes.Tourist : So where are you from?Guy : No where
Not to be a dick, but that's only two words.
Tourist : Do you chop?Guy : Yes (1)Tourist : So where are you from?Guy : No where (2,3)The way that he wrote it was three words. You probably thought that he should have said "Nowhere" to make it two words.