• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking at the WSOP schedule on ESPN and IF I saw correctly, they are not showing either Doyle's win or Johnny Chan's win. I thought they would show one if not both. Again, I might have saw incorrectly.
I'd be shocked if they didn't show at least Doyle's win.
I was just looking at the WSOP schedule on ESPN and IF I saw correctly, they are not showing either Doyle's win or Johnny Chan's win. I thought they would show one if not both. Again, I might have saw incorrectly.
Why would they show either one? They're both just lucky anyway. I would rather just see 24/7 coverage of Moneymaker and Varkonyi.
I was just looking at the WSOP schedule on ESPN and IF I saw correctly, they are not showing either Doyle's win or Johnny Chan's win.  I thought they would show one if not both.  Again,  I might have saw incorrectly.
Why would they show either one? They're both just lucky anyway. I would rather just see 24/7 coverage of Moneymaker and Varkonyi.
That's pure entertainment.Varkonyi's wife is a better player then him, even Mike Matusow said so.

The two tournaments were never intended to be aired. ESPN and the WSOP has already decided which tournaments were to be filmed before the WSOP began. Those 2 were not part of the filming...

The ESPN schedule was set before the event started. They may have some footage of them winning once ESPN saw them get to the end that they may parcel into some other episodes, but not all of the final tables were taped, which might have been the events they won.

The ESPN schedule was set before the event started.  They may have some footage of them winning once ESPN saw them get to the end that they may parcel into some other episodes, but not all of the final tables were taped, which might have been the events they won.
I said it first...lol
That band is terrible and owns nothing but a couple of gay sex toys and some KY.
They own you.
How do they own? THEY HAVE ONE ALBUM! And they play a bit part in a corporate scheme. So go to Hot Topic and get all their Merch. Im sure Sony or whoever owns them appreciates it.
That band is terrible and owns nothing but a couple of gay sex toys and some KY.
They own you.
How do they own? THEY HAVE ONE ALBUM! And they play a bit part in a corporate scheme. So go to Hot Topic and get all their Merch. Im sure Sony or whoever owns them appreciates it.
They have two albums andThey own you.

Someone tell me who this damn band avatar is....I googled "bands who have frontmen who wear stupid ties" but no matches...It would be funny if the band's name was "they own you"Abbott and Costello style...Seriously though... who the f are they.

Someone tell me who this damn band avatar is....I googled "bands who have frontmen who wear stupid ties" but no matches...It would be funny if the band's name was "they own you"Abbott and Costello style...Seriously though... who the f are they.
http://www.mychemicalromance.com/http://www.mychemicalromance.com/http://www.mychemicalromance.com/http://www.mychemicalromance.com/

Why are you knocking a perfectly good band like my chemical romance without even knowing that they have two albums for christ's sake? i agree the Hot Topic element of their fan base blows, but jeez...that's like when someone here insults the skill of a professional in a thread for making some weird play without even knowing the context. :club: Nick

I am 75% sure that they found a way to televise Doyle's win. Last minute subsitution or something. I am not positive however.Dont know about Chan. if ESPN didnt figure out a way to make it work they are complete jacque a$$e$

I'm not surprised, the coverage this year sucks. How can you show a 6-8 hour final table in 60 minutes - commercials? Anyone wanna start a Poker Network with me?  :club:
I agree that ESPN's final table coverage leaves some things to be desired. They did not properly represent how impressive Eric Seidel's win was last week at all. But really exactly how would you do it better? Make the shows longer?? That would cut their viewing audience in half at least probably by as much as 75%. The hour format is perfect for everyone but us poker snobs on poker forums.We know the deal, it is best to keep everyone else in the dark. ESPN does the best they can with a difficult situation. Other than stale, lame ex-wife jokes from Norman Chad I am perfectly happy with ESPN's coverage. it is easy to criticize, hard to come up with a better idea.