If I Hear One More Douchebag...

Whinge and cry about Lebron not shaking hands with the Magic, I swear to god I'm going to curb stomp somebody. THis is the biggest ****ing non issue ever, and all these pundits are so full of shit. Who gives a shit about if Lebron does or doesn't shake hands with Orlando? What on earth does that have to do with what matters, IE Lebron and the Cav's performance on the floor. IT has nothing to do with his on court leadership. Every one of these clowns on the radio and TV that talk about how they have lost respect for lebron need to get throat cancer so they stop polluting the airwaves. God, the shit these hacks talk about to fill time tilt the shit out of me. THis is why I basically can only stand to listen to PTI, The sports guy, Dameshek and dan lebatard. everyone else in the industry can get cat aids for all I care.

You sure about that ?
Seeing you, a proud canadian hockey fan, reminds me of the Avery "sloppy seconds" comment, which might have been a bigger non-issue, since he got suspended for multiple games for it. That's the craziest supsension I've ever heard of.

it's what you get when there are 5 days between the conference finals and the finalspeople in cleveland went insane when LeBron wore a Yankees hat at a NY CLE playoff gameI'm like as long as he's on our side i don't care if he wears a knicks jersey on the courtplus if he was all diplomatic and granted tons of interviews Jadaki would say he didn't want it bad enough :)The year the Bulls finally beat the Pistons Isaiah and company (probably everyone but dumars) walked off the court with like 30 seconds left - not only were there no handshakes they didn't even watch the end of the gameof course that didn't stop chicago fans from rooting for Rodman five years laterof course there was the Isaiah Dennis - If Bird were black he'd just be another dude scandal -

it's what you get when there are 5 days between the conference finals and the finalspeople in cleveland went insane when LeBron wore a Yankees hat at a NY CLE playoff gameI'm like as long as he's on our side i don't care if he wears a knicks jersey on the court
I thought it was more interesting that when he finally did meet with the press, he was wearing a yankee's cap.

I dont really get it. I guarantee you he wont do it again after this anyways.fwiw, both PTI guys panned Lebron for this. I figured Wilbon or Kornheiser would say who cares. At least one of them.The story should be can a jump-shooting team actually win a title. Thats what Orlando is (if viewed as a NBA experiment). They are a fascinating team and while I picked the Lakers easy I wonder if they can just keep shooting the lights out. They did sweep LA in the regular season (just like they owned the Cavs in the regular season) so who knows.

I dont really get it. I guarantee you he wont do it again after this anyways.fwiw, both PTI guys panned Lebron for this. I figured Wilbon or Kornheiser would say who cares. At least one of them.
Their reaction doesn't really surprise me. They are old, and often react like old men do w/r/t sportsmanship issues.
They are a fascinating team and while I picked the Lakers easy I wonder if they can just keep shooting the lights out.
Have they really shot the lights out?Regular season 3pt%: 39.1Playoffs: 36.7 -vs Sixers: 34.6 -vs Celtics: 34.5 -vs Cavs: 40.7

The shaking hands is whatever, but he should have talked to the media. He can't get enough of the camera when things are going good and he's King James etc, but as soon as something doesn't go his way he takes his ball and goes home. Pussy move.

Have they really shot the lights out?Regular season 3pt%: 39.1Playoffs: 36.7 -vs Sixers: 34.6 -vs Celtics: 34.5 -vs Cavs: 40.7
shooting 40 % from 3 is like shooting 60% from 2 - everyone seems to always ignore this
The shaking hands is whatever, but he should have talked to the media. He can't get enough of the camera when things are going good and he's King James etc, but as soon as something doesn't go his way he takes his ball and goes home. Pussy move.
This. I would have expected him to go say something to Howard just because they were at least teammates on the Olympic squad. Isiah and the rest of the Pistons were sore losers too. I'm interested in what the Cavs do in the off season.
:roll

for the most part i agree with mcdee's sentiments, but the thing is Lebron is a Role model to millions of kids, and needs to promote good sportsmanship (as cheesy as it sounds)

for the most part i agree with mcdee's sentiments, but the thing is Lebron is a Role model to millions of kids, and needs to promote good sportsmanship (as cheesy as it sounds)
1) No he doesn't need to do shit.2) Parents, coaches and peergroups matter infinitely more w/r/t learning sportsmanship. 3) why should I give a shit if kids shake hands after little league games? Why should I care about teaching kids how to lie and to hide their real emotions?
Why should I care about teaching kids how to lie and to hide their real emotions?
It's not teaching kids to lie, it's teaching them to lose with a little dignity and sportsmanship. You want to be pissed about losing, that's cool but blowing everyone off because you lost just makes it look like he felt he was entitled to win.I guess it's what we should expect from a guy who was getting everything handed to him on a silver platter since he was 16.
Why should I care about teaching kids how to lie and to hide their real emotions?
Quoted for extreme truth. Let those lil fuc.ks learn from their own experience. Instead of learning to be fake lil fascist nazi sociopaths that grow up into puerile human waste incapable of discerning real truth. In other wards it is good to see someone stand up for their beliefs whether those beliefs are right or wrong. I would rather have someone stand up for their beliefs and be wrong than be a fake. that is why I like BigD.
It's not teaching kids to lie, it's teaching them to lose with a little dignity and sportsmanship.
yes, exactly. Teaching them to lie. And I also fail to see why I care about kids learning this valuable lesson about dignity, or why it's Lebron's duty to teach it to your children. If you want to teach your kids how to hide their emotions, cool. But it's not Lebron or any other athlete's responsibility to teach your children anything. It's an athlete's responsibility to perform on the court.

Kids do need role models to learn how to stand up for themselves. We don't get those role models often. So kids can think things like, "hmmm beliefs I should has some."

More to my point, in the same weekend that hte story breaks that Brandon Marshall is bascially a serial woman abuser, people freak the **** out about Lebron not shaking hands. That type of thing boggles my mind. Domestic violence is a real, actual issue that plagues our country, not a made up issue like sportsmanship, but there was approximately 1000 times more attention given to Lebron blowing off Orlando, and that doesn't make any sense to me at all.

yes, exactly. Teaching them to lie. And I also fail to see why I care about kids learning this valuable lesson about dignity, or why it's Lebron's duty to teach it to your children. If you want to teach your kids how to hide their emotions, cool. But it's not Lebron or any other athlete's responsibility to teach your children anything. It's an athlete's responsibility to perform on the court.
Do you think it's better that if they lose they get all pissed off and run away like little bitches? Is that what being a man is?It's not lying to go up and congratulate someone for winning. You don't have to be happy you lost to walk up and say "Congrats on making it to the finals Dwight, good luck" and not come off like a total douche.I agree it's not Lebron's responsibility, but when you are supposed to be the poster boy for the NBA you can expect to get ripped apart for shit like this because it comes with the territory like it or not. Just like when he walked off the court with time left on the game leaving 4 of his teammates to play defense for the last possession. It's acting like this that makes me laugh when he is called the most unselfish superstar in the game. This isn't the first time he has acted like a spoiled brat when things haven't gone his way.
More to my point, in the same weekend that hte story breaks that Brandon Marshall is bascially a serial woman abuser, people freak the **** out about Lebron not shaking hands. That type of thing boggles my mind. Domestic violence is a real, actual issue that plagues our country, not a made up issue like sportsmanship, but there was approximately 1000 times more attention given to Lebron blowing off Orlando, and that doesn't make any sense to me at all.
I agree, the media doesn't focus on the more important issues. Are you really surprised at this point? Did you see all the coverage yesterday about Lamar Odom's obsession with candy?
Do you think it's better that if they lose they get all pissed off and run away like little bitches? Is that what being a man is?
Well, I think it's more honest, but I don't think it's better or worse. I don't think it matters at all. I just don't give a shit about athletes " being a man" or not. I don't give two shits about that kind of thing. Why do I care how an athlete behaves once the clock has stopped. The only thing I possibly care about an athlete doing off the court is making me laugh like Barkley or something, that's about it.