Gen Poker's Goals For '09

I havent finished my goals yet but Ill post them in here soon. I think the best way to do this to avoid alot of clutter would be to have everyone only post once in this thread before Midnight Est on Jan 1. In that post put all of your goals/aspirations/anything else you feel is important to talk about regarding how last year went and so on. Obviously, this shouldnt be limited to poker goals so put goals about whatever you want. Again... try and just post once before the new years so that It will be easier to bump and go back to it later. Thanks and GL in '09.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$30k profitLife Goals-STOP GETTING RATE LIMITED ON AIM-Graduate with a 2:1 or better in July.-Get into teacher training course year after (0 chance of not getting in if I graduate)MTTs--Not gonna play many MTTs for a long time at the start of this year until I get rolled to play higher (200 buy ins)-Hopefully use FPPs from cash games for MTT buy ins-Once I get rolled for it, just play $33s+, $11Rs+ -Hopefully be playing $109s/Sunday Majors at the end of the year-$10k profit. LHE-Move up from 1/2 to 5/10 6 max (and maybe further) successfully. - $20k profitOther-Get to Supernova on StarsGonna be a big year I think. This is the last year of my life I can afford to spend a lot of time playing poker (despite a need to graduate).Been a huge year this year, looking back on it, I sucked so hard until about September (despite thinking I was good) and even then I was half the player I am now. I'm probably half the player now that I will be in February. I made about ~$3k in 2008.I'm gonna turn 21 in 2009I predict vtlaxer09 to blow up huge in 2009.

I'm not really sure what to set as far as specific goals, as I have no idea where I could be at a year from now. There are some general things though:-Continue studying and improving my MTT game. I've come pretty far this year as far as my understanding of the game goes.-Make lots of FTs obv!-Be able to continue to move up throughout the year. I don't necessarily know if I'll be able to play majors in the next year, but I'd sure like to get there.-Maybe play a few SCOOP or WCOOP events.

Copied from the LHE challenge thread...

you're selling yourself way short. set an unreasonable goal for yourself and actually try to do it imo.
In this spirit, my goal for 2009 is to make $100k online.This year I made just about 15k (EDIT: make that 17k 2nd EDIT: Make that 18k) when I include live results.I almost feel like 100k is not too unreasonable. Of course I'll have to get some breaks and either run really good for a while or get a nice tourney score, so that when I cash out it doesn't put a huge dent in my roll like it has several times this year.---Personal goals: Get in much better shape, and get my wife pregnant sometime during the 2nd half of the year.
I havent finished my goals yet but Ill post them in here soon. I think the best way to do this to avoid alot of clutter would be to have everyone only post once in this thread before Midnight Est on Jan 1. In that post put all of your goals/aspirations/anything else you feel is important to talk about regarding how last year went and so on. Obviously, this shouldnt be limited to poker goals so put goals about whatever you want. Again... try and just post once before the new years so that It will be easier to bump and go back to it later. Thanks and GL in '09.
produce a son.

Poker Goals:10x my current bankroll (250$), without cashing/depositing.Work on my game, learn how to focus and work alot on bet sizes in tournaments.Be active and learn how to adjust to the table. FT a 40k+ prize pool tourney.Help fcp'ers as fcp'ers have helped me. Continue with patience, even if the table seems rigged!Real Life:Turn 18Work out and eat moreKeep the grades upEnjoy every day

Poker Goals-Dedicate 24 hours a week to cash games, and all of Sunday to tourneys.Take a mandatory 2 days off per week no matter what.Win a Sunday MajorMake 200k in cash games + 150k in other business Life goalsTrain for a half ironman or some other type of competitionStart mountain biking on the regularMandatory 5000 calories a week burned via cardio until I reach 10% body fatAvoid carbs before i go to bedContinue to build muscleOwn at least 3 income producing properties by the end of 2009

Goals for 2009Poker-Turn $800 into $40,000 playing cash games-Play at least 125,000 hands for the year, at least 2.5K hands a week except 2 weeks vacation-Stick to my bankroll management plan (300BB FRLHE, 500BB SHLHE, 20BI NLHE, 30BI SHNLHE)-Track results daily-Analyze each session and constantly improve. Work on my game when I'm not playing.-Become a positive influence in this community. Think positively and stay away from negativity. Take nothing personally.Non-Poker-Write fiction for at least one hour every morning before anything else. Complete and submit at least one novel.-Get to the gym at least 4x/week and stick to my workout. Turn 220 lbs. of flab into 190 lbs. of muscle.-Stick to my budget. Pay off my Home Equity Loan early with poker profits.-Become a positive influence in my own community. Spend some time each week doing volunteer work with non-profit community organizations. Lead by example and without ego.Good luck to everyone at FCP in 2009. Happy New Year.Edited to adjust goals due to poor math on my part. I can't 2-table 40 hours a week in addition to a full time job and stay sane, and I shouldn't be 4-tabling right now. Above goals are based on 2-tabling 20 hours a week.

-Make at least $80,000 playing poker-Don't play any online tournaments until WCOOP-Get a summer Accounting Internship-Continue to enjoy college life
that has become significantly more difficult in the past 3 months.

Make SuperNova.Make at least 40k from cash games and set myself up to decide whether or not I want to do this fulltime as my profession by July 2010.Make at least 10k in rakeback.Edit: I'm 24

I have one goal for 2009 and it is to continue to build my bankroll until I can afford to regularly play above the micro-limits successfully.
wow, above sounds good to me. other poker related goals for 2009play 1-2 WSOP events 1 being a ladies event.focus more on my cash gamesto make top 3 in NegOLife in Gen goalscontinue with my diet and exercise planLess time on computertravel

Goals for 2009Poker-Continue playing Mtt’s for the full year with mandatory 2 days off per week.-Make 100k profit (not winnings) online-Develop a better routine before playing and play only when I’m in the right mindset and in the right environment.-Start playing ring games again whether its on a stake or through my own money. I need to supplement my income from mtt’s.-Win a Sunday major-Continue to work on my mental game and not get frustrated or tiltedNon-Poker-Lose 25 pounds. I am 6’1 and 210 lbs currently and I’d like to get to 185 then stay in the habit of working out daily and staying healthy.-Absolutely no fast food or take out. This ties in with the above.-Volunteer at least a few times a month.-Run a marathon.-Have a lot of fun and enjoy myself. I’d like to go to Europe again and somewhere tropical.-If Poker is not working out for me/I get tired of it, look into finishing school or getting a different job.

Poker Goals- Keep grinding $25NL and be able to move up through the levels (always have 20-25 bi's for whatever level)- Get in a lot of volume- Start playing more MTT's and FT some of them obv- Get into touch with more people to help improve my game- Get BR to 5,000- Keep improving my game everyday (be open to critics!)Life goals- GET GOOD GRADES! - Don't eat out as much - Don't spend as much money - Dedicate 2 hours everyday to studying - Read more - Keep a positive attitude when things aren't looking good. Things will get better GL to everyone and their goals. Hopefully this is a big year for everyone!