Vick12 Hosting Home Game...

HeyI know we have a Chicago thread, but wanted to start a seperate thread on this.I am hosting a home game next weekend at my facility. For those who don't know...I run a Volleyball/Basketball facility. It's a huge place w/ a sik Margarita-type machine. Anyway....I am thinking next Saturday looks great here. I was thinking we could do some sorta MTT if we get enough people. If not we can do some cash games etc. So let's get a head count going etc. so I can start planning.Also...Cubs99 and I have a prop bet that day that I am sure others may wanna get their own action on. Basically Cubs said in a thread he could hit 30/50 from top of key or something. I said he wouldn't even make 25. Anyway..I have Basketball Cts. here and we will be doing the bet at my place. We haven't set up the total parameters of the bet, but it has been agreed to in principle!!! I am sure cubs99 and I can sort all the details out in this thread.So let me know who can make it etc.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Kenosha so I can def. make it down. It'll be nice taking a day off from grinding Potowatomi.More details please.

First in.
lol...please come...we need dead mobney!!!!
I'm from Kenosha so I can def. make it down. It'll be nice taking a day off from grinding Potowatomi.More details please.
Details to follow as the thread grows....but basically as stated...we will gather at my building and play cards of some variation!!!
Im down for some sort of MTT, can i bring 2 or 3 friends with? What would be the buy-in? Where in Chicago?
Not sure of buy in for mtt...likely $50-$100 if we get enough people. Cash games are usually .25/.50 (or was is .50/1) NL and/or 2/4 or 3/6 limit if we play HORSE games etc....as for friends I would liek to keep it FCP for now...if we need a few extras for an mtt than maybe....but if it's more likely cash games then prolly not.
If you can fly me in, I can be a celebrity guest.
If I am flying in a celeb guest I'll try and at least find a C-Lister!!!!! :club:

If we wager a decent amount Ill come down in the early afternoon and win a couple Gs shootin hoops.. I have a few friends visiting Saturday so I wouldnt be able to play teh poka .. but id def come down and make an appearance if you guys made it early enough.

Sweet, I'm in. I thought of an idea for the prop bet too. I think I'll make 30 and you think 25 or less. Lemme know what you think:$100 main bet, that I will make between 25-30 three pointers. If I hit anywhere above 25 threes, you owe me $100 at least. If I don't, I owe you $100 at least. Each three pointer over 30 I make, you owe me $20 per make. Each three pointer under 25 I don't make, I owe you $20 per miss. Also, on the honor system, I have never played high school basketball, and as everyone that has me tme can attest, I am in fact a 5'10 chubby white guy. Furthermore, I will not go out every day this week and shoot 200 of these shots. I have a league Thu night and that will be the only time I practice.Additionally, I need at least 10 minutes to get warm before we get it rolling.I don't care if I have a rebounder, but it will speed up the process, and also probably add 2-3 makes to my total (possibly more) since I'll be in rhythm. I'll let you decide that one. If you want to put a time limit on it fine, but I don't intent to stop once I start.Thoughts?

If we wager a decent amount Ill come down in the early afternoon and win a couple Gs shootin hoops.. I have a few friends visiting Saturday so I wouldnt be able to play teh poka .. but id def come down and make an appearance if you guys made it early enough.
You "100kers" can do that high limit stuff, I will spectate though.
bah.. taht came out worse then I wanted it to:)
No worries...I'm sure you were just on LFT, you probably sprained your ankle on a bag of cash or something as you were heading to the bathroom.
Sweet, I'm in. I thought of an idea for the prop bet too. I think I'll make 30 and you think 25 or less. Lemme know what you think:$100 main bet, that I will make between 25-30 three pointers. If I hit anywhere above 25 threes, you owe me $100 at least. If I don't, I owe you $100 at least. Each three pointer over 30 I make, you owe me $20 per make. Each three pointer under 25 I don't make, I owe you $20 per miss. Also, on the honor system, I have never played high school basketball, and as everyone that has me tme can attest, I am in fact a 5'10 chubby white guy. Furthermore, I will not go out every day this week and shoot 200 of these shots. I have a league Thu night and that will be the only time I practice.Additionally, I need at least 10 minutes to get warm before we get it rolling.I don't care if I have a rebounder, but it will speed up the process, and also probably add 2-3 makes to my total (possibly more) since I'll be in rhythm. I'll let you decide that one. If you want to put a time limit on it fine, but I don't intent to stop once I start.Thoughts?
Confirmed
looool h8 you.i'll be in virginia :club:
She sounds hot
Bring your running shoes for an endline to endline race, skinny boy.
looooool I only run when chased.What kinda odds can I get that you dont make more then 10?My guess is youre better at triple draw that shooting from the top of the key
count me in
Cool...
I would gladly take a piece of that 3-point shooting bet. LOL.
I know u will!!!
Cough....cough.
I said C-Listers R-Dog...not D-listers!!!! =)
Come down anyway!!!
If Adam gets to be in your ear it's gg chgocubs.
LOL, I'd rather not have him in my face like a drill sgt, but if he wants to talk trash while I'm shooing and/or shout "HEY!" when I'm about to launch one, I can live with that.