Outs / Pot Odds Trainer?

Hello, I am looking for some kind of trainer program in order to improve my board reading and calculating speed. I am kind of new into poker, however I understand the concept of pot odds, so I am not looking for a odds calculator but a program which will generate random hands and ask me for possible outs and draws. Outs and Pot Odds puzzles are also welcome.Sometimes I fail to see straight draws :club: ( I know, if the board is unpaired and contains no card higher than jack there is always a possible draw, but nethertheless), gut shots or open ended straights so I can determine the opponents strength properly. So is there some way to improve this part of my game, besides just playing? Playing on play money tables is fine, however most of the players are loose-passive and just want some gambling action, I dont want to slow down the game, furthermore I have no prove to my calculations (f.e. often mistake is to calulate the cards twice on draws). Poker Academy is a great tool, but it does not show the outs.Well, I hope you could understand my problem and I am looking forward for some hints. Thanks in advance.

For outs, just google "counting outs in poker" and youll find some references. Re straights watch for Ts and 5s, one of which is needed for a straight. discounting likely dead outs is the art in counting.Odds are easy once you have the outs. Multiply outs by 2 to get the probability of hitting on the next card, multiplay outs by 4 to get the probability of hitting in 2 cards. Approximations that will not affect your decision making vs the exact calculationNote that if you are on the flop you need better than the 2 cards to come odds to support a call if youre going to have to invest more on the turn.

The only way to get better at board reading is just to practice. You have to train yourself to quickly identify what draws exist on the flop and what cards are needed to complete those draws, so you know what to look out for on the turn and river. My advice: take a deck of cards and just practice dealing out hands and reading the board.

thanks for the reply. actually I already understand the concept of outs and odds, I know the percentages and quotients to hit a gut shot, a flush etc. However I feel like I need practice, I want to reduce the time to make it "click" in my head to miliseconds :club:

The only way to get better at board reading is just to practice. You have to train yourself to quickly identify what draws exist on the flop and what cards are needed to complete those draws, so you know what to look out for on the turn and river. My advice: take a deck of cards and just practice dealing out hands and reading the board.
Well, I will feel more comfortable if someone/thing would test me. f.e. my hole cards are Ac Kc and the flop is 4c 6c Js and I am like: "oh thats easy, flush draw" 19% chance, about 4:1, but a few seconds later I realise there are also 6 overcards: aces and kings (despite the runner runner straight which is very unlikely) which a more experienced player also sees. So I want to reduce this time by training. I like your advice though.
Well, I will feel more comfortable if someone/thing would test me. f.e. my hole cards are Ac Kc and the flop is 4c 6c Js and I am like: "oh thats easy, flush draw" 19% chance, about 4:1, but a few seconds later I realise there are also 6 overcards: aces and kings (despite the runner runner straight which is very unlikely) which a more experienced player also sees. So I want to reduce this time by training. I like your advice though.
Assuming an overcard would be a win you just use the same basic math: 6 overcards + 9 flsuh cards = 15 outs15 * 4 = 60%

I learned by playing tons of hands of pot limit omaha. I got pretty good at counting outs by getting in with the best hand then figuring out how many ways my opponent could beat me with their draw. Unfortunately, they seem to him at a high percentage no matter how many outs they have :club:

Assuming an overcard would be a win you just use the same basic math: 6 overcards + 9 flsuh cards = 15 outs15 * 4 = 60%
I wonder if you have read my post
I wonder if you have read my post
If you understand outs and discouting outs and the math, then why not do what Jim suggested and deal out flops?1. Deal2. Quickly right down "Nominal Outs"3. Quickly convert these to "Realistic Outs, aka Discounted Outs"4. Quickly convert this to a % for Turn and Turn+River5. Repeat for 1 hours6. Go back and grade yourself7. Try to do more next time and get more correct.Problem I see is without action from other players you miss the discounting based on reads portionAlso, this impacts the redraws against you.Is this what you are trying to accomplish with a program?

thank you for your answers, dealing cards is a good idea. I also found out poker academy has a tool to show draws, so I can compare my outs with the draws shown and figure out if they dont add up.

For outs, just google "counting outs in poker" and youll find some references. Re straights watch for Ts and 5s, one of which is needed for a straight. discounting likely dead outs is the art in counting.Odds are easy once you have the outs. Multiply outs by 2 to get the probability of hitting on the next card, multiplay outs by 4 to get the probability of hitting in 2 cards. Approximations that will not affect your decision making vs the exact calculationNote that if you are on the flop you need better than the 2 cards to come odds to support a call if youre going to have to invest more on the turn.
:club: I found a great tool for training yourself to be able to figure odds more quickly. It is at pokerroom.com and if you log in and look at the bottom of the page you will see BETA in a column. Click on the and then scroll down until you see Play Pot Odds Trainer. It is a great exercise that I found useful. There are also a couple other good exercises worth taking a look at. I will post a link below. I hope this helps.http://www.pokerroom.com/community/betah/p...ds-trainer.html
:club: I found a great tool for training yourself to be able to figure odds more quickly. It is at pokerroom.com and if you log in and look at the bottom of the page you will see BETA in a column. Click on the and then scroll down until you see Play Pot Odds Trainer. It is a great exercise that I found useful. There are also a couple other good exercises worth taking a look at. I will post a link below. I hope this helps.http://www.pokerroom.com/community/betah/p...ds-trainer.html
that game owns melvl 3 and lucky to get thereI love the drawing dead questions.