NL Freezeout @ Luxor

Hello. I'm going to Vegas in a month, and while researching tournaments I discovered a $25 buy-in, No Limit Freezeout tournament at the Luxor twice a day. I've already read some Luxor complaints on here.Has anyone ever played in this? How often are blinds raised? How many people generally play? One knock I've heard on NL Tourneys in Vegas is the rebuys and add-ons make it hard to win against someone with more money who's willing to spend it. Since this is freeze out, does it make for a more even playing field?Any help would be appreciated.

Played in it twice, made money the 2nd time.Blinds go up every 15 minutes. Betting isn't No Limit until after 1 hour. You start with $250 chips, and for $3 you can get anouther 50.The two times I played there were over 50 people.My advice to you if you play is to be aggressive early on. If you get decent cards, play them. A lot of the players are complete newbies to poker, as the low buy-in will attract novices, and they will often play with nothing.It's a fun little tournament, and only lasts about two hours. Good luck if you enter!

I've played in this tournament before...i don't like it all....i found it's very hard to be aggressive early in the tournament cause it's a limit game with low blinds, so everyone who has anything calls down to the end because it's so cheap, once it turns to no-limit...you need to double up twice before i feel you can truly play the game....good luck

thanks for the advice. I probably will give it a shot once basically just to do it. I'm really disappointed it's limit poker for the first hour, though. It didn't mention that on the Luxor's website. (it also didn't mention the $3 add on). Maybe i'll start thinking a little harder about the daily tournament at the horseshoe instead...