bad use of miller's short stack theory?

Still trying to get a grasp of this concept. No read on MP and Button is LAG.Was this used properly?Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converterMP ($35.6)Button ($32.57)SB ($49.5)Hero ($15)UTG ($73.35)Preflop: Hero is BB with [Ac], [Qd]. SB posts a blind of $0.25. 1 fold, Hero is all in ($15), Button calls $13, SB calls $13.****EDIT******The $2 pf raise was standard, had seen it done w/ hands such as JTs/os, KQs/os, A10, QJ, etc....

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, from what I see it is a very stupid theory. There are 100's of places I'd rather get all my money in.
Like I said I"m not 100% sure I used it correctly. Maybe you should read or understand the theory before you just start saying "its stupid" or "bad play", etc..

Well, from what I see it is a very stupid theory. There are 100's of places I'd rather get all my money in.Not really.If you could buy in for one blind constatly, you'd be almost guranteed to make money.

Well I can agree with you there, but comon... You don't have to follow this guy's THEORY, Poker isn't a game set in stone, books and theories only show you the door man... AQ in that situation... ouch.

Money shouldn't be the issue at all, Expected Value is the issue, this could be at the penny tables but I'd still advise against it. DN wastes his money on 1.5k tournies, he is making -EV plays... just because the MONEY isn't that much for him doesn't change the fact it's not a good play.AQo in that situation -EV.Don't do it.

Good players rebuy to the max and kick ass. But if you've only got 15 bucks, what's the point of making it 7 to go here? You're just gonna push or call a push on the flop, or call any bet anyway. Nobody's folding to your flop bet.Rebuying Like a Man > Moving In > Calling > Standard RaiseIce

AQo in that situation -EV.Don't do it.
Since when is AQ such a bad hand 5-handed? What game do you play in? Hands that will probably call you from MP: AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, any pocket pair, How many of those hands are you ahead of? How many are you behind? How likely are you to win less than a third of the time once the button flat calls? Ice

Do you really expect to win this hand here that often that it will make it the +EV play? I doubt itI expect to win way more than 1/3 of the time.You need to do some work on NL theory I think.