Sharkscope-i Don't Get It...

Was looking someone up today and they had 54 games with a ROI of 44% but a total profit of negative $17. Any help on explaining how this is possible would be appreciated.

Was looking someone up today and they had 54 games with a ROI of 44% but a total profit of negative $17. Any help on explaining how this is possible would be appreciated.
They played a couple games higher than their average game and didn't cash.
This is what I understand it to be too.Check out the FAQ on sharkscope, it's explained there.
I believe this is the quick explanation:4 Sngs:1. $5 buy-in, win $10, 100% profit2. $5 buy-in, win $10, 100% profit3. $5 buy-in, win $10, 100% profit4. $50 buy-in, out of the money, -100% profitAverage profit = (100 + 100 + 100 + (-100))/4 = 50%Total loss = -$35No, that's not how I'd figure it either. But it's a complicated issue over the long run. Basically, the %profit is only valid over a single level. Total return is a more meaningful figure, but they don't compute that for you, unless you only play one level.
I believe this is the quick explanation:4 Sngs:1. $5 buy-in, win $10, 100% profit2. $5 buy-in, win $10, 100% profit3. $5 buy-in, win $10, 100% profit4. $50 buy-in, out of the money, -100% profitAverage profit = (100 + 100 + 100 + (-100))/4 = 50%Total loss = -$35No, that's not how I'd figure it either. But it's a complicated issue over the long run. Basically, the %profit is only valid over a single level. Total return is a more meaningful figure, but they don't compute that for you, unless you only play one level.
yes you are rightgo read the sharkscope FAQ'sit does it by avg. ROI not overall ROI