Middle Set On A Single Suit Flop

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($118.95)UTG+1 ($34.50)CO ($18.05)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9 :club: , 9 :D . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $2, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.50.Flop: ($6.75) 2 :D , 9 :D , T :D(3 players)UTG+1 bets $6.75, Hero ???Villain is pretty new to the table but has seemed pretty LAGgy to this point.

I either call or 3 bet, depending on the villain. If the villain has been loose I 3 bet, you are usually ahead here and if you aren't you still fill up about a third of the time.

I either call or 3 bet, depending on the villain. If the villain has been loose I 3 bet, you are usually ahead here and if you aren't you still fill up about a third of the time.
The only way you could three bet is by calling... :club: it's k thought I getcha.I put the CO all in and plan to call the shove from UTG+1. CO's stack size is pretty near perfect for a pot-committing raise to UTG+1.

Make it 20, and instacall if either or both shove. You're not folding this regardless so explain that to them with a raise to $20.Reasons we're never folding:1) They have less than 100 BBs2) They can have a bunch of hands we're crushing at this point, and against a made flush we're only like a 40/60 dog. TT is all that you can be worried about, and if either shows up with TT ever, I'll send you your money back.BTW, flop of all the same suit is called Monotone - just for your future poker vocabulary.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($118.95)UTG+1 ($34.50)CO ($18.05)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9 :club: , 9 :D . 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $2, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.50.Flop: ($6.75) 2 :D , 9 :D , T :D(3 players)UTG+1 bets $6.75, Hero ???Villain is pretty new to the table but has seemed pretty LAGgy to this point.

I thought for sure mtdesmoines was insta-folding this. :)I make it 18, CO folds, UTG+1 shoves I have to call even if he shows me a flush. I was just wondering if given these stack sizes there was any other way to play the hand.

BTW, flop of all the same suit is called Monotone - just for your future poker vocabulary.
I've heard people call a flop "monochrome" but technically monochrome means a single color and not a single suit. Monotone doesn't make sense to me since the cards aren't making any noises. I figured I'd opt for the slightly wordier but more explicit "single suit".

$18 sounds ok... depends... i like 18-20this looks like something along the lines of like TP broad way club kicker (QcTx AcTx KcTx JcTx etc)... esp if he's laggy.... usually (i'd say at least 7/10x) he doesn't have a flush here... then again if he's a lagtard this IS the perfect spot for him to actually have it... this could easily be 9sTs as well... or even 222... i doubt TTT as well... yeah, raise that shyt... if you flat call you're inviting Ac to come along if it resides in the CO... UTG looks like he's not going anywhere... plus you raising this could look like you have like KcKx if he had it hope it paired FTW =]

if he had it hope it paired FTW =]
He had 6c3c and the board didn't pair. The interesting thing about the hand to me is that:- I do think we need to raise here- a legit raise commits us to call the shoveI'm finding myself playing a lot of hands against short stacks lately. This guy wasn't so short but still ...