Temporary Nuts

Glub Glub

• Members
  • 2,423 posts
  • Interests:Beer
  • Favorite Poker Game:Go Fish

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:31 PM

View Postnomad_monad, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 3:29 PM, said:

I think you're being pretty generous with your percentages there but I get your point.I'll concede that at 25NL this is call because the average unknown shows up often enough here with a less than reasonable range.Still, I don't see retardedness like this at 100NL-200NL online, unless hero has been playing aggressive enough to inspire villain to shove with less than two pair (in an unraised pot, no less).
WTF sites are you playing on? Find a better room.Also, FWIW, I'm pretty sure if the stakes are good enough where this is always a straight, then it's equally likely the stakes are good enough to flat call the raise with the straight on this flop...
QUOTE (NoBBiR @ Monday, August 11th, 2008, 7:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If god didn't want that particular law broken, he had no business making those that big.

Climb
Support your underground artists damnit

#22 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

View Postnomad_monad, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 12:29 PM, said:

I think you're being pretty generous with your percentages there but I get your point.I'll concede that at 25NL this is call because the average unknown shows up often enough here with a less than reasonable range.Still, I don't see retardedness like this at 100NL-200NL online, unless hero has been playing aggressive enough to inspire villain to shove with less than two pair (in an unraised pot, no less).

View PostTemporary Nuts, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 12:31 PM, said:

WTF sites are you playing on? Find a better room.Also, FWIW, I'm pretty sure if the stakes are good enough where this is always a straight, then it's equally likely the stakes are good enough to flat call the raise with the straight on this flop...
We don't fold flopped sets. Not ever. We get the money in and if we're beat, oh well. But we don't fold flopped sets.
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#23 Temporary Nuts

Temporary Nuts

Glub Glub

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:35 PM

View Postmtdesmoines, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 3:33 PM, said:

We don't fold flopped sets on the flop. We get the money in and if we're beat, oh well. But we don't fold flopped sets.
FYP :club:
If god didn't want that particular law broken, he had no business making those that big.

Climb

#24 nomad_monad

nomad_monad

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:39 PM

View PostTemporary Nuts, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 12:31 PM, said:

WTF sites are you playing on? Find a better room.
LOL. Touche.At least I didn't get a big fat FAIL for my choice of site (which is UB, btw).Love the software, results have been good, and it's probably due to get bigger & fishier with the impending merge with Absolute.Not to mention, I haven't heard that FT is any softer at those stakes. Stars maybe, but I don't get rakeback there.

#25 Temporary Nuts

Temporary Nuts

Glub Glub

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:40 PM

View Postnomad_monad, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 3:39 PM, said:

LOL. Touche.At least I didn't get a big fat FAIL for my choice of site (which is UB, btw).Love the software, results have been good, and it's probably due to get bigger & fishier with the impending merge with Absolute.Not to mention, I haven't heard that FT is any softer at those stakes. Stars maybe, but I don't get rakeback there.
I loathe all sites designed specifically for poker. :club:

Climb

#26 nomad_monad

nomad_monad

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:44 PM

View Postmtdesmoines, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 12:33 PM, said:

We don't fold flopped sets. Not ever. We get the money in and if we're beat, oh well. But we don't fold flopped sets.
Middle & top, never. Not so sure about the absoluteness of the rule as applied to bottom set. But at this point, we're not really doing analysis anymore - we're just trading declarations.

#27 AimHigher

AimHigher

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:58 PM

View PostTemporary Nuts, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 8:11 PM, said:

And all combos of 7-7 or 8-8
I find it difficult to believe someone shoves some $26 into this pot when they have only a dollar in there with a pair plus a straight draw. I could be wrong, and I did consider putting it in as his range but it is just not consistent with his play.

#28 Temporary Nuts

Temporary Nuts

Glub Glub

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:04 PM

View PostAimHigher, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 3:58 PM, said:

I find it difficult to believe someone shoves some $26 into this pot when they have only a dollar in there with a pair plus a straight draw. I could be wrong, and I did consider putting it in as his range but it is just not consistent with his play.
You've never been 3-bet overshoved with a strong draw? I see it all the time from aggressive players.

Climb

#29 AimHigher

AimHigher

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:13 PM

I think this is one of the most subjective hands I have seen. It is a shame we have no real information on the villain or his play, because it would make the range of hands we can put him on considerably easier to determine.

#30 AimHigher

AimHigher

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

View PostTemporary Nuts, on Tuesday, November 6th, 2007, 9:04 PM, said:

You've never been 3-bet overshoved with a strong draw? I see it all the time from aggressive players.
Where does it say he is an aggressive player? For that matter, where does it say he isn't? That's the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users