Gutshot?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 David_Nicoson

David_Nicoson

Official Forum Me

• Members
  • 4,418 posts
  • Interests:Poker<br />Poker<br />Sex<br />Sleep<br />baseball<br />softball<br />Poker<br />Poker<br />Poker<br />Axis and Allies and other lesser board games<br />Chess<br />Poker<br />Poker<br />Poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:pot-limit Euchre

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

View Postsimo_8ball, on Tuesday, July 31st, 2007, 5:15 PM, said:

Ok, may not be the best time to ask this, but I was just wondering if the poker game you were in was 'legal' and could there be any consequences?
Not legal, but the police seemed much more interested in figuring out the robbery. I guess the prosecutor might feel differently, but all the officers I dealt with were good and seemed to have a sense of perspective.
QUOTE(bleacherbum3 @ Friday, February 29th, 2008, 3:28 AM) View Post
I'm invincible. Like Super Mario when he gets that star thingy.

#22 tskillz187

tskillz187

Great Tiger, you're next!

• Members
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:18 PM

I'm having trouble with this one. Can you give me Villain's range and our equity against? You do well on that pokerstove stuff. ;)That's pretty crazy and glad you seem to be doing okay. Quit being a hero!
Naismith (2:56:11 PM): fuckerflakeoutonmystakingnowmakingmillions

#23 Naismith

Naismith

Perry Friedman: I was planning on reloaded through Naismith

• Members
  • 4,556 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Crazy Pineapple

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:23 PM

There's a joke here about not trying to bluff Dave, even with a gun, because he'll call you down. I'm not sure what it is. :club:
Peace,
Jay

#24 tskillz187

tskillz187

• Members
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

View PostNaismith, on Tuesday, July 31st, 2007, 5:23 PM, said:

There's a joke here about not trying to bluff Dave, even with a gun, because he'll call you down. I'm not sure what it is. :club:
Well Villain only double barreled, if he triple barreled...we'll never know the outcome.

#25 dms26

dms26

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 21,900 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

View PostAcid_Knight, on Tuesday, July 31st, 2007, 5:24 PM, said:

This thread title is borderline criminal, but I guess you did it to trick Zach thinking there's strategy behind this huh?David, I hope that things are ok and that they catch those guys that did this crap.
Dave was making jokes about it already or I wouldn't have titled it like that. And hopefully I slipped one by the evil strat mod :club:
QUOTE (CozMyn @ Sunday, March 8th, 2009, 5:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tried to talk here about that program, the RNG , not to talk about when to accept all in without to see flop.
You can accept all in whenever you want, or whenever you feel lucky, but in virtual room's is not like in reality. In reality anything is possible... in virtual rooms you can be "the one" who knows the future, or who can change the future.

#26 NoBBiR

NoBBiR

F34l2 Durrrr

• Members
  • 3,522 posts
  • Interests:Poker.
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Lemon Tennis Hold Me Tightly.

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

View PostNaismith, on Tuesday, July 31st, 2007, 4:23 PM, said:

Thats ****ing hilarious.I hope everything turns out good for you Dave. Hurry back to the tables~
"How do they put the ****ing queen in the window?"

Darvin Moon, I hope you die in a grease fire.

#27 shinzilla

shinzilla

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:6-handed NL

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

Echoing Acid's thoughts, the title of this post is like a dead baby joke: shocking, tasteless, yet funny. But man, that's intense. I'm glad that you're doing well, Dave... heal up soon.
How would I describe myself? Three words: hardworking, alpha male, jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable.

#28 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

FCPHA Angel

• Members
  • 31,865 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

Dave let me take a pic of his gorgeous face today. It's much better since the swelling went down.Posted Image
Valar Morghulis

#29 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:36 AM

View PostNikki_N, on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007, 8:28 AM, said:

Dave let me take a pic of his gorgeous face today. It's much better since the swelling went down.Posted Image
It's an improvement. JK. The bird is a nice touch -- as is the blood center T-shirt ... put it in the family album. BTW, Dave, you can make more money, but you only have one life .. just so you know ... trading your life for $ is -EV IMHO
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#30 dms26

dms26

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 21,900 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:04 AM

View PostNikki_N, on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007, 12:28 PM, said:

Dave let me take a pic of his gorgeous face today. It's much better since the swelling went down.
I would have hated to see him yesterday if the swelling has gone down in that pic.
QUOTE (CozMyn @ Sunday, March 8th, 2009, 5:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tried to talk here about that program, the RNG , not to talk about when to accept all in without to see flop.
You can accept all in whenever you want, or whenever you feel lucky, but in virtual room's is not like in reality. In reality anything is possible... in virtual rooms you can be "the one" who knows the future, or who can change the future.

#31 David_Nicoson

David_Nicoson

Official Forum Me

• Members
  • 4,418 posts
  • Interests:Poker<br />Poker<br />Sex<br />Sleep<br />baseball<br />softball<br />Poker<br />Poker<br />Poker<br />Axis and Allies and other lesser board games<br />Chess<br />Poker<br />Poker<br />Poker

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:14 AM

View Postdms26, on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007, 1:04 PM, said:

I would have hated to see him yesterday if the swelling has gone down in that pic.
Yep. He looked like the elephant man.

#32 trystero

trystero

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

Glad you're OK, dude. Otherwise I would've had only these other chumps to listen to.

#33 NoBBiR

NoBBiR

F34l2 Durrrr

• Members
  • 3,522 posts
  • Interests:Poker.
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Lemon Tennis Hold Me Tightly.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

View Posttrystero, on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM, said:

Glad you're OK, dude. Otherwise I would've had only these other chumps to listen to.
If I wasn't such a chump I might be offended by that remark.
"How do they put the ****ing queen in the window?"

Darvin Moon, I hope you die in a grease fire.

#34 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

Oh My God, this is unbelievable!Dave, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well! Recover fast so I can continue reading your poker advice. Who's going to do all the math and statistical analysis around here when you're gone?Nikki, we're all very glad that you're around to take care of David and make sure that he heals well. Thank you for being very strong and helpful during what I'm sure is a very difficult time.ps. Am I the only one who didn't know that David N. was married to Nikki N?

#35 Merby

Merby

Poker Forum Happy-Face

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Interests:Ummm... Poker (no surprise there...)<br /><br />Hiking, Climbing, Skiing, Kayaking, Curling, ...
  • Favorite Poker Game:Short-handed PLO, NLHE MTTs

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

Good luck on a speedy recovery. Holy **** that's a bad beat.As has already been said, it's a good thing the villain hit his gutshot on the second barrel, because he could very well have hit the nuts if he was forced to triple-barrel.It's always a bad idea to try to bluff into a villain immediately after he gave you a bad beat: he is less likely to back off and more likely to put you to a decision for your tournament life.
QUOTE (Fluffdog87 @ Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dramatic hand gestures on all-ins ftw!

A day in the life of Checkymcfold:
QUOTE (checkymcfold @ Friday, January 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My cats are freaked out, I have a headache, and I'm probably going to put on pants for the first time in three days and find somewhere to go that's not here.

QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[x] Signature-worthy.

#36 David_Nicoson

David_Nicoson

Official Forum Me

• Members
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

OK, I have to include some strategy so Zach doesn't move this thread.Table is very aggressive. Hero has A :D A :club: in the SB.Button straddles for 10.PreflopHero limps for 10. BB calls. UTG calls. MP folds. CO calls. Button checks. Flop (50)2 :D 5 :D 8 :spade:Villains hold up the joint, kick the players' butts, and steal everyone's money.Hero ?

#37 Nikki_N

Nikki_N

FCPHA Angel

• Members
  • 31,865 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007, 6:40 PM, said:

Oh My God, this is unbelievable!Dave, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well! Recover fast so I can continue reading your poker advice. Who's going to do all the math and statistical analysis around here when you're gone?Nikki, we're all very glad that you're around to take care of David and make sure that he heals well. Thank you for being very strong and helpful during what I'm sure is a very difficult time.ps. Am I the only one who didn't know that David N. was married to Nikki N?
I think a lot of people know, but I'm sure you aren't the only one who reads strat that hasn't figured that out, yet. Yep, he's my man. I'm a very lucky girl.
Valar Morghulis

#38 Merby

Merby

Poker Forum Happy-Face

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Interests:Ummm... Poker (no surprise there...)<br /><br />Hiking, Climbing, Skiing, Kayaking, Curling, ...
  • Favorite Poker Game:Short-handed PLO, NLHE MTTs

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

View PostDavid_Nicoson, on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007, 4:00 PM, said:

OK, I have to include some strategy so Zach doesn't move this thread.Table is very aggressive. Hero has A :D A :club: in the SB.Button straddles for 10.PreflopHero limps for 10. BB calls. UTG calls. MP folds. CO calls. Button checks. Flop (50)2 :D 5 :D 8 :spade:Villains hold up the joint, kick the players' butts, and steal everyone's money.Hero ?
Normally, in this situation, I recommend staying on the ground and acquiescing to any monetary demands made by the villain, but in my home game, we don't normally play with a straddle.With the straddle and given that the table is described as "aggressive", I would be a little more uncertain as to what I would do. This would definitely be read-dependant.1) If there is a table captain, wait for him to make a move, and then follow through as a group.2) If you are the table captain, I may just play it exactly as you did, but only if my opponents would respect my moves and back me up.3) If you think you might be on your own, then I suggest opening for 35 into the pot of 50 and let everyone else worry about the distractions. After all, with them all distracted by the person on the rail with the gun, they probably aren't playing their best poker. Their chip stacks will be easy pickings.
QUOTE (Fluffdog87 @ Tuesday, January 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dramatic hand gestures on all-ins ftw!

A day in the life of Checkymcfold:
QUOTE (checkymcfold @ Friday, January 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My cats are freaked out, I have a headache, and I'm probably going to put on pants for the first time in three days and find somewhere to go that's not here.

QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[x] Signature-worthy.

#39 tskillz187

tskillz187

• Members
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

View PostNikki_N, on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007, 4:22 PM, said:

I think a lot of people know, but I'm sure you aren't the only one who reads strat that hasn't figured that out, yet. Yep, he's my man. I'm a very lucky girl.
Yeah I had no clue until this thread either.

#40 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

View PostDavid_Nicoson, on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007, 7:00 PM, said:

Raise Preflop. Bet the flop. Shovel if raised.I guess these weren't the only bullets that gave you trouble that night, though.(Sorry, everyone else was making poker jokes)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users