2-5 Nl, Overbetting For The Kids

Okay, what do we think about this play in my 2/5 NL game full of bad players.Hero has 1300 and is the second biggest stack at the table.Hero is BB with 2s3h.UTG straddles for 10. Four callers to BB who completes. Straddle makes it 20. Everyone calls. BB calls. Pot: 122Flop:Ah4h5sBB goes all in...?Of the players in the hand, only one is even a marginally thinking player. All of them overplay hands. The average stack of the other all in players is about 400. The biggest stack folded preflop.Obviously, this is table-dependent, but do you think this works often enough to be profitable against bad players?

I like a check-raise. I think the straddler is setting up a steal with the preflop bump.

i'm no math wiz, so i can't tell you all that stuff. but at a bad table, in a six way pot, you will get called here more often than not. this is based on two things. first you have to have the right table image. it would help if you had been seen being aggressive with a draw before. because they aren't thinking players they don't have to have seen you push with a draw, but just being aggressive. secondly, if you know that these people would definitely go broke with one pair, then this sounds like a very profitable move.

wow, i wish i got to play in a 2-5 game where this was a push. rofl. :club:
I certainly wouldn't rub it in by saying the hero got three callers on this hand.
I certainly wouldn't rub it in by saying the hero got three callers on this hand.
just say the word and I will have Jet Blue haul my *** down there ASAP.I am with David, I think I check raise here.
do you think this works often enough to be profitable against bad players?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. Obviously if they fold less than 100% of the time it is profitable.I don't think this is the most exploitive strategy either. I believe checkraising would have a higher expected value.
I don't think this is the most exploitive strategy either. I believe checkraising would have a higher expected value.
That's what I was trying to ask. :club:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that against awful players, this bet probably isn't the most profitable becuase it's scary and it's a lot of money. Many players will gladly call pot sized bets with one pair (if they're bad players) and will pay you off over the course of a few streets.I think that this push takes away the chance for players to make a play at the pot and might even convince them to fold their draws. I really think that with so many players in the pot, you need to let the straddler bet, have a couple of players call and then push.

Okay, what do we think about this play in my 2/5 NL game full of bad players.Hero has 1300 and is the second biggest stack at the table.Hero is BB with 2s3h.UTG straddles for 10. Four callers to BB who completes. Straddle makes it 20. Everyone calls. BB calls. Pot: 122Flop:Ah4h5BB goes all in...?Of the players in the hand, only one is even a marginally thinking player. All of them overplay hands. The average stack of the other all in players is about 400. The biggest stack folded preflop.Obviously, this is table-dependent, but do you think this works often enough to be profitable against bad players?
In the game you've talked about? Yes.Overall, yes, because who is going to put you on a 2,3?