aces back to back

Slow played them both, and poor TnTfan was on the receiving end of both beats.PokerStars Game #1953249394: Tournament #9111507, Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2005/06/22 - 21:38:02 (ET)Table '9111507 30' Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 2: Cassell (11040 in chips) Seat 3: seminole28 (13630 in chips) Seat 4: NikiJ (6310 in chips) Seat 5: TnTfan (3020 in chips) Seat 6: whitedawg (2980 in chips) Seat 7: prestigetgs (4887 in chips) Seat 8: Leovirg (6700 in chips) Seat 9: uwda (3750 in chips) Cassell: posts the ante 25seminole28: posts the ante 25NikiJ: posts the ante 25TnTfan: posts the ante 25whitedawg: posts the ante 25prestigetgs: posts the ante 25Leovirg: posts the ante 25uwda: posts the ante 25seminole28: posts small blind 200NikiJ: posts big blind 400*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to uwda [As Ac]TnTfan: calls 400whitedawg: folds prestigetgs: folds Leovirg: folds uwda: calls 400Cassell: folds seminole28: folds NikiJ: checks *** FLOP *** [2c 3h 2d]NikiJ: checks TnTfan: bets 400uwda: calls 400NikiJ: folds *** TURN *** [2c 3h 2d] [3d]TnTfan: checks uwda: bets 400TnTfan: calls 400*** RIVER *** [2c 3h 2d 3d] [6h]TnTfan: checks uwda: bets 400TnTfan: calls 400*** SHOW DOWN ***uwda: shows [As Ac] (two pair, Aces and Threes)TnTfan: mucks hand uwda collected 4000 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 4000 | Rake 0 Board [2c 3h 2d 3d 6h]Seat 2: Cassell (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: seminole28 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: NikiJ (big blind) folded on the FlopSeat 5: TnTfan mucked [Kd Ah]Seat 6: whitedawg folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: prestigetgs folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: Leovirg folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: uwda showed [As Ac] and won (4000) with two pair, Aces and ThreesPokerStars Game #1953255999: Tournament #9111507, Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2005/06/22 - 21:38:50 (ET)Table '9111507 30' Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 2: Cassell (11015 in chips) Seat 3: seminole28 (13405 in chips) Seat 4: NikiJ (5885 in chips) Seat 5: TnTfan (1395 in chips) Seat 6: whitedawg (2955 in chips) Seat 7: prestigetgs (4862 in chips) Seat 8: Leovirg (6675 in chips) Seat 9: uwda (6125 in chips) Cassell: posts the ante 25seminole28: posts the ante 25NikiJ: posts the ante 25TnTfan: posts the ante 25whitedawg: posts the ante 25prestigetgs: posts the ante 25Leovirg: posts the ante 25uwda: posts the ante 25NikiJ: posts small blind 200TnTfan: posts big blind 400*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to uwda [Ad As]whitedawg: folds prestigetgs: folds Leovirg: folds uwda: calls 400Cassell: folds seminole28: folds NikiJ: calls 200TnTfan: raises 970 to 1370 and is all-inuwda: calls 970NikiJ: folds *** FLOP *** [5h 8d Td]Cassell said, "lol"*** TURN *** [5h 8d Td] [8c]*** RIVER *** [5h 8d Td 8c] [4d]*** SHOW DOWN ***TnTfan: shows [Tc Ks] (two pair, Tens and Eights)uwda: shows [Ad As] (two pair, Aces and Eights)uwda collected 3340 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3340 | Rake 0 Board [5h 8d Td 8c 4d]Seat 2: Cassell folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: seminole28 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: NikiJ (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: TnTfan (big blind) showed [Tc Ks] and lost with two pair, Tens and EightsSeat 6: whitedawg folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: prestigetgs folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: Leovirg folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: uwda showed [Ad As] and won (3340) with two pair, Aces and Eights

Do you always slowplay your Aces? If so, where do you play, and at what limits 'cause I'd love to join you? I can't think of many worse moves than slowplaying aces. Sure you won both times, but how pissed off would you have been if you limped into that first pot and one of the blinds had 73off and took you for a huge pot when he hit trips? Just think about that next time you want to slowplay a big starting hand.

1st hand... you called a min. bet after the flop, the turn and then bet min. on the river... sounds like a scared play to me...2nd hand... you called an all-in from a short stack with your AA...... Bravo... now burn in Hell!

Do you always slowplay your Aces? If so, where do you play, and at what limits 'cause I'd love to join you? I can't think of many worse moves than slowplaying aces. Sure you won both times, but how censored off would you have been if you limped into that first pot and one of the blinds had 73off and took you for a huge pot when he hit trips? Just think about that next time you want to slowplay a big starting hand.
Can we get a moratorium on all posts that go along the lines of: Where do you play? I have to come find you so I can take your money.Ben, I have seen you post on here for a long time. You ARE NOT THAT GOOD. The what limits are you at I would love to join you line is such misplaced arrogance....stfu.(Oh and I agree with you about not slowplaying aces....but you are still an a$$)

OHHH MY DEAR GOD.Please. please please. do not post A,A stories when u slow play them.Thats just disgusting. But on a happier side note. I had AA, AA, at the same time in 2 windows while mutitabling.

I think you can make a good argument for slow playing aces. Sure, they can get busted, but right off the bat your an 80% favorite, so why not try and get more money in the pot? I saw none other the David Sklansky do it on TV last night.If I had gone all in on those hands, I would have ended up with some blinds and a couple of bets. The reason some people never slow play them is they just can't stand it when they get beat.On an other note, what handcoverter do people use? I've never used it befoe so excuse my ignorance.

I think you can make a good argument for slow playing aces. Sure, they can get busted, but right off the bat your an 80% favorite, so why not try and get more money in the pot? I saw none other the David Sklansky do it on TV last night.If I had gone all in on those hands, I would have ended up with some blinds and a couple of bets. The reason some people never slow play them is they just can't stand it when they get beat.On an other note, what handcoverter do people use? I've never used it befoe so excuse my ignorance.
No... Please Do not try to make an argument..Even in heads up play. you are taking a risk. It is do-able if you are chip leader in a heads up match.. ok. sure. But u have to be able to throw them away.In your cases. look at what happend., YOu had a player A,K going against you.If you raise pre flop.. these are the type of hands that will call.. and this is exactly what u want.U let somoene with a 3,10 or a 2, 9 play their BB, it would have killed u
U seem nice., Who said all in??..There are more then just 2 words in Poker., A nice raise here would get players and hands like A,K, most poket pairs,, suited connectors. all kinds of goodies.U are not maximizig your Expected Value on this hand. (plus, u want to get the low crap cards out). so that when 2's and 3's hit.. see what i mean
Ben, I have seen you post on here for a long time. You ARE NOT THAT GOOD.
Is this where I'm supposed to challenge you to play me heads-up somewhere??? I remember that being the trend a while back - poster A would call poster B out, poster B would call poster A a name and challenge him to a heads-up match on Pokerstars or something. Then they'd posture back and fourth and nothing would ever happen.. Well sorry, but that's not going to happen. I know I'm a winning player, and I've been a winning player for a couple of years now. Sure I know I'm not world class or anything, and I may have a bit too much gamble in me, but I know I'm up.
Ben, I have seen you post on here for a long time. You ARE NOT THAT GOOD.
Is this where I'm supposed to challenge you to play me heads-up somewhere??? I remember that being the trend a while back - poster A would call poster B out, poster B would call poster A a name and challenge him to a heads-up match on Pokerstars or something. Then they'd posture back and fourth and nothing would ever happen.. Well sorry, but that's not going to happen. I know I'm a winning player, and I've been a winning player for a couple of years now. Sure I know I'm not world class or anything, and I may have a bit too much gamble in me, but I know I'm up.
You somehow chose to focus on the one sentence of the post you had a comeback for. NO I dont want to play heads up and I am glad you are a winning player. You are also a giant douche for making that "of my god where do you play so I can come find you and take your money" type comment. That was my point. Glad to hear you are up though. good work.

While on the Party Poker Millions cruise in March, I was dealt pocket A's three times in four hands at a 4/8 table. The other hand was AJ off, that made the A high straight on the flop. AND the A's held up every time. Dealer said he has been dealing for 20 years and never seen anything like that.

At the Bellagio 10/20 NL last month, I had a strange day where I couldn't seem to miss a hand or a draw. The highlight was a stretch where I had 4d6d on the button, decided to reraise a player two off the button who had AdQd. He battled me to the river, where I pushed in and he folded to a board of Kd Kc 8d 4c 10h.I showed my hand, and applauded him half jokingly on his laydown (which ironically was a good one.)Lucky for me, my very next three hands were AA, KK and AA I reraised All of them, taking down the first AA vs QQ all in preflop. The second was a perfect scenario, where a preflop raise was called 3 times, I came over the top and all folded. The last AA I reraised a raise from UTG, got a call and the flop came AJ4, we both got it in and I had him to his set of Jacks.Then I lost it all at blackjack. Gotta tell the ugly truth.

How about this one from my home game last night. Before I start I'll let you know that I always mop up this game and I get the feeling that most of people posting here are much more experienced than I am, but this will get a laugh.6 handed. Im the button with one limper in front and get Kh 10h. I make it 3 times bb, SB calls, BB folds, Limper calls. Flop comes 7h 4h As. Check, Check so I figured they both missed and make a pot-sized bet figuring they'll both muck. They both call (no re-raise) so I'm thinking WTF? Turn Jh. Check, check I have them both covered by a decent amount so I push. They both call and I figure for sure one of them has AxH and has me killed. SB flips over Qh 2h (Yeah he turned a flush but this is why you don't call preflop with this hand) the limper flips Ad Ac!!! Not only did he not reraise preflop, he check-called a set of Aces with a nice pot already in front of him. River was a blank, and while I was practically speechless he had no problem telling me how effin lucky I was. I guess I was pretty lucky to play with this guy.You are all probably dying to get in this weekly game now, but I'm keeping it to myself. Too easy.