300 NL cash game. Blinds $3 & $5. You're in big blind with A :) 2 :D , about 15 minutes ago you lost a big protion of your stack when your AA clashed with KK and a K came on the turn.UTG + 1 limps in. From what you've seen he seems like he knows what he's doing, but is also very aggressive, you've seen him call all ins with middle pair. He's also the big stack at the table. Everyone else folds except for the SB who calls. Flop comes 10 :club: 2 :D 6 :D SB checks, You bet out $8(half the pot) to see where you stand. UTG+1 calls, SB folds.Turn is 5 :) You bet $15(half the pot), UTG + 1 calls.River is 2 :) You bet out $25, UTG +1 immediately puts you all in.What do you do?? You have about $50 remaining.

Easy call. You've got most of your cash invested anyway and you have sneaky trips. If he's got a full boat, the good lord has blessed him on this day, but he could just as easily have two pair, or be bluffing a missed flush draw. He also might have something even worse but think that you are bluffing a missed flush draw.Peace.

You pay him off if he has you beat, if he has a set or two pair he would have most likely raised you already. I really don't see how you can fold here, too much in the pot with a good hand.

300 NL cash game. Blinds $3 & $5.  You're in big blind with A :) 2 :D , about 15 minutes ago you lost a big protion of your stack when your AA clashed with KK and a K came on the turn.UTG + 1 limps in. From what you've seen he seems like he knows what he's doing, but is also very aggressive, you've seen him call all ins with middle pair. He's also the big stack at the table.  Everyone else folds except for the SB who calls.  Flop comes 10 :club: 2 :D 6 :D  SB checks, You bet out $8(half the pot) to see where you stand. UTG+1 calls, SB folds.Turn is 5 :)  You bet $15(half the pot), UTG + 1 calls.River is 2 :)  You bet out $25, UTG +1 immediately puts you all in.What do you do?? You have about $50 remaining.
Well if it really was ME.. i would have checked that flop. Buuuut.. if i did all these crazy things like you say, and it came down to the river, and I already invested all this money., I would think i'm beat to a full house, but those two hearts should have been scare cards for him to re-raise if he flopped a set.,The simple guess is top pair. or close to it.. But i'm gonna get crazy and say he had Ace , 2 suited in spades or clubs.

i would most likely call in this situation...i guess the only thing im worried about is a boat but if he has it he has it...you have trips with top kicker...you have a bunch of money in this pot so i think the call is an easy one....what happend?

I never would have bet out at the turn like that (on the flop maybe, but not that turn).However, your question was specifically concerning would we make the call on the flop. Seems pretty simple to me at a glance, but lets try to figure out what the other guy could have that would beat us...UTG + 1 limped in...so he has a better-than-average hand me thinks. Could have been slow-playing a high pocket pair, hoping it was raised, but based on his play on the flop, doubtful. He only called your flop bet, so I think we can rule out him having a ten in his hand. Turn is a 5, making a possible straight, but would he have called your bet after the flop with an inside straight draw ONLY? Again, doubtful. But perhaps he had a flush draw? That might make sense, but lets look at what he did on the river - he went all in when the board paired the 2's. So, he either had a busted flush draw and was trying to scare you out, or he actually had something that looked good when the board paired. Are pocket 6's a logical holding for how he played it? Well, limping with 6's is fine, and maybe even just calling on the flop is fine as he may be scared of a flush draw. The 6's seem like the only logical holding that has you beat here, with many other options that don't. I would call and if he has the 6's, so be it. :wink:

You're right, I probably did mis-play this hand on the turn, my gut instinct was to check the turn but I paused for a second and really thought maybe I could take the pot down right there figuring he was on a flush draw. It ends up I gave him to much credit and he was playing junk.I made the river call figuring that he either missed his flush and was bluffing, made two pair, or had a 2 but I could out kick him.He showed a 3, 4 off suit for a straight.Thanks for your input everyone, this hand has been bugging me non-stop since it happened, I kept trying to figure out where I made the mistakes.

I never would have bet out at the turn like that (on the flop maybe, but not that turn).
Just curious... How is the 5 a scare card if he didn't raise us on our flop bet? We give him a freebee here when he could be on the flush draw?I know our two's aren't lookin too hot here, but wouldn't this be a time to try some fold equity, while protecting your hand in the event that he's trying to draw you out?If you check with the intention of calling, you may as well be the one firing. Though, I can understand a check with the intention of folding I suppose.And I can understand that heads-up a UTG limper might not be on a draw at all... but, by the same token he could have KQ, AJ, KJ... or other overcards to the board.When a dude just calls my flop raise, I'm gonna fire again on the turn unless I think he hit his draw, or if it's reasonable to assume he could be slow-playing a huge hand. A check on the turn shows weakness I think. I think it's better to disguise your hand with a bet on this turn.
You're right, I probably did mis-play this hand on the turn, my gut instinct was to check the turn but I paused for a second and really thought maybe I could take the pot down right there figuring he was on a flush draw. It ends up I gave him to much credit and he was playing junk.I made the river call figuring that he either missed his flush and was bluffing, made two pair, or had a 2 but I could out kick him.He showed a 3, 4 off suit for a straight.Thanks for your input everyone, this hand has been bugging me non-stop since it happened, I kept trying to figure out where I made the mistakes.
He played ya like a fiddle then...lol :wink:
I never would have bet out at the turn like that (on the flop maybe' date=' but not that turn).[/quote']
Just curious... How is the 5 a scare card if he didn't raise us on our flop bet? We give him a freebee here when he could be on the flush draw?I know our two's aren't lookin too hot here' date=' but wouldn't this be a time to try some fold equity, while protecting your hand in the event that he's trying to draw you out?If you check with the intention of calling, you may as well be the one firing. Though, I can understand a check with the intention of folding I suppose.And I can understand that heads-up a UTG limper might not be on a draw at all... but, by the same token he could have KQ, AJ, KJ... or other overcards to the board.When a dude just calls my flop raise, I'm gonna fire again on the turn unless I think he hit his draw, or if it's reasonable to assume he could be slow-playing a huge hand. A check on the turn shows weakness I think. I think it's better to disguise your hand with a bet on this turn.[/quote']I used to almost always keep firing at that pot on the turn, but have since realized that more times than not when I am firing away with bottom pair that someone has called I am behind, which means I am just spewing chips (limit hold-em thinking there). I would definately hope to check it down to get a free card, hoping to improve on the river. :wink:
I used to almost always keep firing at that pot on the turn, but have since realized that more times than not when I am firing away with bottom pair that someone has called I am behind, which means I am just spewing chips (limit hold-em thinking there). I would definately hope to check it down to get a free card, hoping to improve on the river. :wink:
OK. I see yr logic. I do get in trouble sometimes with that play myself. I can see that in this case you are likely behind with bottom pair.
He played ya like a fiddle then...lol :wink:
lol, he sure did. That's ok, eventually it will catch up on him if he keep limping in with garbage and calling gut shot draws with 2-1 pot odds.