I am in the middle of reading SSHE and am getting the information at a nebulous level. It's out there, but I can't put it all together. Will this come by: 1) Finishing the book, and 2) More importantly, experience?Thanks in advance.ret

Both I think.I finished the book a few weeks ago, but I'm still not implementing all the concepts well, so I'm playing some while starting to read it again.One time through isn't enough imo

I am in the middle of reading SSHE and am getting the information at a nebulous level. It's out there, but I can't put it all together. Will this come by: 1) Finishing the book, and 2) More importantly, experience?Thanks in advance.ret
You'll need to re-reread it several times. I have read through the book 2 times and have re-read individual chapters numerous times.You will definitely need experience, and then go and re-read it again. It's not all going to just "click", but it will come with time.

I just read SSHE and started playing limit about 6 weeks ago and it's definitely both. I read twice before starting and was frankly overwhelmed with all of the subtle concepts. What I first did was to focus on starting hands (I keep the book open when playing) and pot-odds, and counting outs while I was playing. As I got more comfortable, I re-read and I'm starting to implement more of the advanced stuff. You definitely have to play a lot to understand how and when to use everything detailed in SSHE.

Raising the flop for a free river card...best strategy ever! I have just finished my first read through, and am going back for more after I play for a week or so using some of the new ideas.

SSHE is not like Great Expectations, which you read once because you are told to do so (usually by an overbearing lesbian high school English teacher). SSHE is more like the Bible. You read many times over to ponder different meanings. You'll have your favorite parts. Five reads into it you'll still only have a basic knowledge of it. It's an amazing book 8)

Yeah DVWildcat is right, this is your new Poker Bible, read it, live it, love it, and read it again.I've probobly cracked it open just to re-read a chapter or specific concepts 20 times in the past 2 months. That is no exageration either.