a-rod playing nlhe in kansas city

I live in KC and the game he was playing ($500 max NL) sounds like he was playing at Harrah's. That sucks, I was thinking about driving up there last night to play.

I live in KC and the game he was playing ($500 max NL) sounds like he was playing at Harrah's.  That sucks, I was thinking about driving up there last night to play.
Look at the post date of the link...it was Monday night.
I live in KC and the game he was playing ($500 max NL) sounds like he was playing at Harrah's.  That sucks, I was thinking about driving up there last night to play.
Touche.
It was actually Tuesday, but still...
It was actually Tuesday, but still...
Tuesday night post but Monday night playing....He'd be in trouble if he went in between innings to harrah's to get in a hand or two of hold'em :club:

Man the Royals would be tough if that didn't have a major league bankroll equivalent to a .02/.04 player on Stars. It sure would be nice to have Damon and Beltran still on the team...sigh

Man the Royals would be tough if that didn't have a major league bankroll equivalent to a .02/.04 player on Stars. It sure would be nice to have Damon and Beltran still on the team...sigh
Not sure what having 2 centerfielders would accomplish (Damon has tried playing left and has not been succesful or productive), but I get your point. Maybe if we still had Paul Byrd...that guy is nasty.

I realized that right after I posted it...I would do a list of former Royals who have left for greener pastures, but I'm in a pretty good mood today and I don't feel like soiling it.....Maybe I'll go play some golf, I'll have no problem venting then. :xOn a flip note, I feel a little bad for Dan Kolb, he was a great closer for the Brewers...good thing he got all that money for the Braves...my advice would be to use it and build a moat around his house to prevent people from tearing it down by hand and killing him.

To take it further off-topic:The Brewers are absolute geniuses. First they trade a guy (Sexson) in his contract year for an ENTIRE divison winning infield (Overbay, Spivey, Counsell, Moeller) who proceeds to miss the whole year for the D'Backs who lose him to free-agency.The next move they make is to trade a soft-tossing lucky closer (Dan Kolb) for one of the best pitching prospects in the majors (Adam Wainwright sp??). With two moves they have totally turned the fortunes of this dismal ballclub around. They were playing .500 ball recently and are looking excellent.

The Brewers are absolute geniuses. First they trade a guy (Sexson) in his contract year for an ENTIRE divison winning infield (Overbay, Spivey, Counsell, Moeller) who proceeds to miss the whole year for the D'Backs who lose him to free-agency. The next move they make is to trade a soft-tossing lucky closer (Dan Kolb) for one of the best pitching prospects in the majors (Adam Wainwright sp??). With two moves they have totally turned the fortunes of this dismal ballclub around. They were playing .500 ball recently and are looking excellent.
Point well taken. Ned Yost has turned that club around. I've actually met him, and he's a real class guy. You can tell he doesn't put up with any crap in the clubhouse. It's a shame their payroll doesn't keep up with it. They have certainly made the most of recent trades.The Braves traded Jose Capellan for Kolb in Milwaukee. Wainwright was traded to the Cardinals along with Marquis in the J.D. Drew deal last year.But that's a minor detail.. Kolb's obviously been terrible but Capellan isn't exactly lighting it up in AAA Nashville either.. 4-2 with a 4.32 ERA..