And the fact you failed to really build a pot.
lol, atta boy.I built the largest pot possible based on his holding. and yes, pre, it was a horrid call by me, but i just had scooped a huuuuge pot, so i made the lucky mistake of rolling on on the next hand knowing a hit would prolly be a scooper hit too.Thx tho.
lol, atta boy.I built the largest pot possible based on his holding. and yes, pre, it was a horrid call by me, but i just had scooped a huuuuge pot, so i made the lucky mistake of rolling on on the next hand knowing a hit would prolly be a scooper hit too.Thx tho.
But that is just being results oriented. And if that were the case, bet bigger on river, AT will prob call a bigger river bet than 8k

Not to mention it is kind of a pointless thread.I know you intended to show us a hand you thought was played optimally, but you didn't quite accomplish your objective of doing that.This should probably be in strat anyways.

But that is just being results oriented. And if that were the case, bet bigger on river, AT will prob call a bigger river bet than 8k
I guess. phucking the results though, my point was that his line really read like he didn't really want to be in the pot, but since he was there, he was gonna stab at it. Since im NOT being results oriented, I don't know he's rolling the straight by the river. Plus my line seems like either fluff or disguising a monster flop....so im not sure i get paid off if i shoot the moon with my river bet. The post analysis of getting max value is of course results oriented, because im analyzing the results.I dunno. I like this forcing me to think about it tho, so thx.
I guess. phucking the results though, my point was that his line really read like he didn't really want to be in the pot, but since he was there, he was gonna stab at it. Since im NOT being results oriented, I don't know he's rolling the straight by the river. Plus my line seems like either fluff or disguising a monster flop....so im not sure i get paid off if i shoot the moon with my river bet. The post analysis of getting max value is of course results oriented, because im analyzing the results.I dunno. I like this forcing me to think about it tho, so thx.
Instead of looking at the results and saying "could I play this better based off what he ended up having", look at what possible range of hands he can have on every street and based off THOSE ranges, figure out what you could have done better.For instance, sometimes he may turn up with a hand like A299, or A38T. When you see that, suddenly your post-analysis of how you should have played the hand has changed from what you did in this hand. If you instead assigned a range on a street by street basis and didn't even care too much about his holding at the end, you would have played this hand different I am sure. It may have worked out to close to the max this time (CLOSE, still based off results, you could have gotten a larger call in on the end) but next time you have this hand and he has A38T you are going to be pissed you didn't bet more. Think of what the most optimal play is LONG RUN, not for each and every hand.But regardless, fold preflop and move on.
Instead of looking at the results and saying "could I play this better based off what he ended up having", look at what possible range of hands he can have on every street and based off THOSE ranges, figure out what you could have done better.For instance, sometimes he may turn up with a hand like A299, or A38T. When you see that, suddenly your post-analysis of how you should have played the hand has changed from what you did in this hand. If you instead assigned a range on a street by street basis and didn't even care too much about his holding at the end, you would have played this hand different I am sure. It may have worked out to close to the max this time (CLOSE, still based off results, you could have gotten a larger call in on the end) but next time you have this hand and he has A38T you are going to be pissed you didn't bet more. Think of what the most optimal play is LONG RUN, not for each and every hand.But regardless, fold preflop and move on.
true that. well written.such is my continued work.FT this trny FWIW. Coming in a very strong 1/9. Here's hoping. Stars 169968533
true that. well written.such is my continued work.FT this trny FWIW. Coming in a very strong 1/9. Here's hoping. Stars 169968533
GL and TiD
i love you adam
<3<3<3

OMFG, i never get a binker like this when it counts in MTT'sIm in heaven. Lol.PokerStars Game #29258271727: Tournament #169968533, $5.00+$0.50 Omaha Hi/Lo No Limit - Level XX (3000/6000) - 2009/06/11 16:46:45 ETTable '169968533 2' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: hoppelt (74500 in chips) Seat 2: come2daddyyy (153820 in chips) Seat 4: Sista_S (80640 in chips) Seat 5: MaxStPolish (185429 in chips) Seat 7: hamidnabli (60228 in chips) Seat 9: IBDSUX (39383 in chips) Sista_S: posts small blind 3000MaxStPolish: posts big blind 6000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to MaxStPolish [Tc 4c 7d 9s]hamidnabli: folds IBDSUX: folds hoppelt: calls 6000come2daddyyy: folds Sista_S: folds MaxStPolish: checks *** FLOP *** [3h 9c 4s]MaxStPolish: bets 24000hoppelt: calls 24000*** TURN *** [3h 9c 4s] [7c]MaxStPolish: bets 18000hoppelt: calls 18000*** RIVER *** [3h 9c 4s 7c] [4d]MaxStPolish: bets 30000hoppelt: calls 26500 and is all-inUncalled bet (3500) returned to MaxStPolish*** SHOW DOWN ***MaxStPolish: shows [Tc 4c 7d 9s] (HI: a full house, Fours full of Nines)hoppelt: shows [3c 7h 3d 2c] (HI: a full house, Threes full of Fours)MaxStPolish collected 152000 from potNo low hand qualified*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 152000 | Rake 0 Board [3h 9c 4s 7c 4d]Seat 1: hoppelt showed [3c 7h 3d 2c] and lost with HI: a full house, Threes full of FoursSeat 2: come2daddyyy (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Sista_S (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: MaxStPolish (big blind) showed [Tc 4c 7d 9s] and won (152000) with HI: a full house, Fours full of NinesSeat 7: hamidnabli folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: IBDSUX folded before Flop (didn't bet)

huuuuuuuuuuge pot.PokerStars Game #29258598677: Tournament #169968533, $5.00+$0.50 Omaha Hi/Lo No Limit - Level XXI (3500/7000) - 2009/06/11 16:54:58 ETTable '169968533 2' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 2: come2daddyyy (87591 in chips) Seat 4: Sista_S (163096 in chips) Seat 5: MaxStPolish (343313 in chips) come2daddyyy: posts small blind 3500Sista_S: posts big blind 7000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to MaxStPolish [4d Qc As 3s]MaxStPolish: raises 15350 to 22350come2daddyyy: folds Sista_S: calls 15350*** FLOP *** [5d 4h Js]Sista_S: bets 7000MaxStPolish: calls 7000*** TURN *** [5d 4h Js] [9s]Sista_S: bets 7000MaxStPolish: raises 28000 to 35000Sista_S: calls 28000*** RIVER *** [5d 4h Js 9s] [Th]Sista_S: checks MaxStPolish: bets 49000Sista_S: folds Uncalled bet (49000) returned to MaxStPolishMaxStPolish collected 132200 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 132200 | Rake 0 Board [5d 4h Js 9s Th]Seat 2: come2daddyyy (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: Sista_S (big blind) folded on the RiverSeat 5: MaxStPolish (button) collected (132200)

On the flop, isn't 24k a little bit of an over-bet?On the turn, the low draw got there and you have 3 pair... 18k a little of an under bet?On the river,