Women's Poker Hall Of Fame

So there's now a Women's Poker Hall of Fame. Whether you like her or not, it's strange not to see Kathy Liebert inducted considering she has 21 titles which is good as a player, not just amongst women.I'm not really sure how you can justify her snub.After all the posts about her looks I hope there's actually some rational comments.

She really doesn't deserve the bashing she gets over being an average looking woman. Whenever I see anybody making fun of the looks of any women poker players I assume that they're either 16 or they're showing the mentatlity of a 16 year old.The Hall of Fame that I think you're talking about is a "Women In Poker" Hall of Fame and not a player's hall. Only one of the 3 people they inducted this year is a player and that was Cyndy Violette who is both a successful tournament player but a top flight cash game player at Stud. I remember watching her playing the biggest stud games in AC back in 1998. 400/800 Stud may not seem that big a game but in 1998 it sure was.Back to Kathy Liebert. She's the all time winningest woman tournament player and I'm sure will get her spot in that Hall in time but you have to remember that Halls don't put all the people in who are worthy in one year. Unless there are politics involved she should get her due.

Induction to it seems very arbitrary to say the least. It's not really based on skill so much. Jennifer Harman has been around longer than Cyndy and Kathy both and is the only woman in the world to ever be competitive in the big game. No other woman is capable of winning in those games. She doesn't play a ton of tournaments, but has done alright being the only female with two WSOP Bracelets (ladies events don't count). NLH isn't her best game but there really isn't a #2 that's remotely close in terms of being an all around player. If you were thinking of a snub list, I love Cyndy, but I don't see how she gets in before Jenn. Like I said, though, it's just so arbitrary so whatever...

Induction to it seems very arbitrary to say the least. It's not really based on skill so much. Jennifer Harman has been around longer than Cyndy and Kathy both and is the only woman in the world to ever be competitive in the big game. No other woman is capable of winning in those games. She doesn't play a ton of tournaments, but has done alright being the only female with two WSOP Bracelets (ladies events don't count). NLH isn't her best game but there really isn't a #2 that's remotely close in terms of being an all around player. If you were thinking of a snub list, I love Cyndy, but I don't see how she gets in before Jenn. Like I said, though, it's just so arbitrary so whatever...
I just finished the book "The Professor, The Banker, and the Suicide King" by Michael Craig about the battle between Any Beal and the pros. I have a whole new level of respect for Jennifer Harman.
Most men aren't either. Even though Jenn's not really been successful in tournaments in recent years she is the best womens player in the world.